PG cabin with QG dining

Lynnewob

I've just had a very strange call from Cunard regarding a short trip we're doing to Guernsey. They've stated a large party has taken over the PG restaurant so they're moving individual guests who have booked (about 35 people) who have booked a PG cabin to dine in the QG restaurant.

I was worried that would make the QG restaurant rather cramped and they confirmed it wouldn't as there's more capacity in that restaurant anyway. We will get QG service and additional items on the menu that PG don't so there's an upside to it.

We still retain the PG cabin but just change restaurant and turn up there on embarkation day.

I've never had this before, has anyone else?

The closest I've seen is a party of 12 in PG. Normally tables aren't that big but they assembled one for this party traveling together. I'm guessing this is a case where three tables of 12 are being made so that's why some passengers are being transferred to QG.

We will get QG service and additional items on the menu that PG don't so there's an upside to it.

This is off topic but I remember one couple being offered an upgrade to a PG cabin...but without any of the PG amenities including the PG resturant. They must have run out of Britannia cabins. :)

This is off topic but I remember one couple being offered an upgrade to a PG cabin...but without any of the PG amenities including the PG resturant. They must have run out of Britannia cabins. :)

Yes, they offered us an 'upsell' to a PG cabin but with no PG restaurant, which we declined.

This was at the beginning of a world cruise, I'm assuming they needed our balcony cabin for maybe the whole world cruise or maybe for a lot longer than our TA down to FLL.

In the end they upgraded us to a PG with all privileges free of charge.

Very canny of them as once we experienced the Grills we wanted more :D

Enjoy your upgrade Lynne :)