Upsell Offer

wesport

We have received an upsell $1299 pp for a 12 day cruise on the Odyssey. We are currently booked in an OB category. Balcony guarantee. Any advantages to being on a possibly higher floor? Would be the same type cabin only higher up.

Edited by wesport

It is a bit nicer to be on a possibly higher floor, but not worth $1300 IMO, for 12 days. I suggest you hang on in there and see what happens.

I also agree with this.

I was on an OB for my recent cruise, received several upsell offers that I refused, including to upgrade to a V6. In the end I was allocated a V6 on deck 8.

I'm on the same ship from Lisbon to LA and have booked 511 as travel agent advised nothing else available and yet we booked months and months ago. Not happy with my agent that;s for sure if V6's are available. Still happy to be onboard and enjoying Seabourn once again.

fivestar - someone may wish to correct me, but I have always thought that the guarantee bookings only come into play three or four months or so before a cruise; if you need or want to book earlier you will be asked to choose your suite. And will have paid more than those on a guarantee basis for the same type of suite. It always seems a lottery; you need to study prices regularly and plunge at some time!

We were just offered up sell on our December cruise to every kind of suite at the most absurd prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Are you saying they are offering totally different categories (Wintergarden, Owners, etc.) or, different levels within the same category (V4, V6 etc.)? We got a notice about the one that came out last week but, like others, we chose to hold out for the "punishment suite". Were there multiple options and multiple $$$ to choose from?

Are you saying they are offering totally different categories (Wintergarden, Owners, etc.) or, different levels within the same category (V4, V6 etc.)? We got a notice about the one that came out last week but, like others, we chose to hold out for the "punishment suite". Were there multiple options and multiple $$$ to choose from?

We were offered everything from an upsell from our category of verandah suite to a higher category to a Wintergarden Suite and even Owner's Suite. Maybe you won't be "punished."

The prices were absurd IMO. The only thing that would make us want to upgrade is a butler (which we do not sail without on other lines) but since are there no butlers on Seabourn the only difference is the size of the cabin and the verandah suite size is just fine.

After some 300 days on Seabourn, and starting off with choosing whichever of just a few suites we were offered, we now wait until a guarantee balcony ad. comes up, and go with that. Don't feel the need for a penthouse, and all the others are identical although of course some are in better positions than others. We would not dream of paying for any sort of upgrade, either. Occasionally a cruise is well sold, and guarantees might not come up, but that is rare. It is very annoying to find out that you are in, say, a chosen V1, and someone else who has had a guarantee at quite a lot less cost is in a V6. Pay your money and take a chance - or not, according to your own personal preference. More difficult if flights are a problem, I realise, when you might feel you have to book early to get decent flights or are restricted as to dates.

We prefer to choose our cabin. Bathtub essential so we do not want to take a chance. I see no benefit in larger suites on Seabourn.

On Oceania we book ph at a minimum and sometimes larger suites where tangible benefits attach

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by bitob

Five star,

The fact that you are ding BTB cruises complicates the matter as while there is space on your transatlantic leg your second leg is sold out. So when you booked the cruise they needed to find a suite that was available for both legs. Thus in your case the supply seemed limited and you had few options.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Five star,

The fact that you are ding BTB cruises complicates the matter as while there is space on your transatlantic leg your second leg is sold out. So when you booked the cruise they needed to find a suite that was available for both legs. Thus in your case the supply seemed limited and you had few options.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you that is a good point.