Soft Drink (Soda) Package.

GUT2407

A sticker will be placed on your key card.

"Our soft drinks package includes Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Lemonade, Soda, Tonic Water (from the soda gun only) & fruit juices (Orange, Apple, Grapefruit, Pineapple, Tomato & Cranberry) for $6.50 a day (+15% gratuity charge).

You can purchase this package once on board and the package is for the duration of your cruise..." copied from https://ask.cunard.com/help/life-on-board/drinks_package

A sticker will be placed on your key card.

"Our soft drinks package includes Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Lemonade, Soda, Tonic Water (from the soda gun only) & fruit juices (Orange, Apple, Grapefruit, Pineapple, Tomato & Cranberry) for $6.50 a day (+15% gratuity charge).

You can purchase this package once on board and the package is for the duration of your cruise..." copied from https://ask.cunard.com/help/life-on-board/drinks_package

Thanks for the quick reply, that was what I thought just wasn't sure.

Where do I get the juice? Only in the MDR, BUFFET, ANY BAR?

Where do I get the juice? Only in the MDR, BUFFET, ANY BAR?

You can get it in any of those you mentioned. I always stopped in the Golden Lion (closest bar to my stateroom) and got an orange juice to take back to my stateroom in the evening.

You can get it in any of those you mentioned. I always stopped in the Golden Lion (closest bar to my stateroom) and got an orange juice to take back to my stateroom in the evening.

Great thanks.

You can get orange juice, lemonade, cranberry juice and iced tea free from the buffet all day so unless you want different don't really think the drinks package is worth the money.
That depends on a individuals needs, I do not drink Alcohol & 6/10 soft drinks per day is my norm. I spend a lot of my cruise by the pool or on the Sun decks & its a lot easier & convenient for me to order a drink from the deck Waiters than for me to have to walk to the buffet to get it.

You can get orange juice, lemonade, cranberry juice and iced tea free from the buffet all day so unless you want different don't really think the drinks package is worth the money.

These are not as good as the fruit juices in the soft drinks package... Note: the lemonade in the buffet is 'traditional' rather than clear and fizzy....

If you are on a multi-segment trip, you need to renew your drinks package and get a new 'spot' which will be a different colour.

These are not as good as the fruit juices in the soft drinks package... Note: the lemonade in the buffet is 'traditional' rather than clear and fizzy....

Very true. The lemonade is usually very sweet or almost watery. The iced tea is just plain awful. The "orange juice" from the machine is yellow water with virtually no taste. Can't comment on the cranberry juice as I don't drink it.

I have found the soda card good value for money.

If you are on a multi-segment trip, you need to renew your drinks package and get a new 'spot' which will be a different colour.

It is all a matter of opinion but the lemonade available in the buffet restaurant IMO is far superior than the colourless/fizzy version served around the ship. As far as I am aware the orange juice available in the buffet is the same as elsewhere on the ship unless you want freshly squeezed juice which I don't think is available in the drinks package.

Edited by majortom10

Very true. The lemonade is usually very sweet or almost watery. The iced tea is just plain awful. The "orange juice" from the machine is yellow water with virtually no taste. Can't comment on the cranberry juice as I don't drink it.

I have found the soda card good value for money.

Sorry but I found both the lemonade and orange juice on QV last week nothing like you described.

Thanks, but yes I want something else.

Don't drink Orange a Juice at all, nor Cranberry (though Mrs Gut will probably get into it)' can't stand iced tea, and is the Lemonade American Style or soda style? (Not that I drink much of it anyway).

Ahhhh thank you .... Pass on the lemonade then.

And unfortunately not multi segment just a week.

Edited by GUT2407

I don't dislike the lemonade from the buffet, but I do dislike the buffet so rarely go there! Also it is full of sugar - so I wouldn't drink it more than very occasionally.

Most, if not all, soft drinks whether juice or lemonade/coke and if they are from the buffet or part of the drinks package will be full of sugar as is most alcohol.

Just wondering is this a sticker on your card, a special cup, or even both?

Thanks.

QM2 if it makes a difference.

Mr GUT, please don't consume all the Schweppes Soda Water, it is required to dilute ye olde Gordon's Gin for the G&T's which are a very popular beverage on the British ships.

Edited by NSWP

Mr GUT, please don't consume all the Schweppes Soda Water, it is required to dilute ye olde Gordon's Gin for the G&T's which are a very popular beverage on the British ships.

The soda water's safe Uncle Les, niw the Diet Pepsi could be in short supply and if young Miss Gut finds the lemon to her liking (loves solo) well.....

Most Cunarders would use tonic water for their G&T.

Just wondering is this a sticker on your card, a special cup, or even both?

Thanks.

QM2 if it makes a difference.

A small Sticker is placed on your Card. Special cup not a Ghost of a chance we are writing about Cunard Line not Disney Line

Most Cunarders would use tonic water for their G&T.
Indeed, the clue is in the name.

Otherwise swapping soda instead of tonic would mean a G&T would become a G&S ...

(which is fine if you are one of the "Three Little Maids from School" I suppose :D )

:)

Edited by pepperrn