Nautica

dunctonwood7

If OP were aware of the restricted smoking on the ship, the question at least about cigarettes probably would not have been asked.

And since we can bring liquor on without serious restrictions (as long as we restrict our imbibing to our rooms), why would they sell liquor? Of course Oceania does sell wines to a limited extent ...

All around it seems like the poster isn't really aware of what Oceania offers ... which would mean it was GOOD to ask these questions!

Mura

They do sell liquor under the Bon Voyage gifts but much cheaper to buy ashore

Look on the website then go to the very bottom of the page for the PDF file

Edited by LHT28

Can anyone tell me if the shop on Nautica sells duty free cigarettes and alcohol. Thanks.

Hi dunctonwood7, and welcome to cruise critic. As you've probably gathered, not only does the shop not sell duty free, they don't sell cigarettes or alcohol at all. The good news is that you can take plenty of both on board.

Smoking on board is very limited, but there are public areas where you can smoke (in the company of others). Cabins and balconys are strictly non smoking.

The alcohol policy is, IMO, great. If you're cruising say the Med you can take some airport duty free or supermarket special offer on board, either packed in you case or in your hand luggage, then replenish both cigarettes and alcohol at cheap continental prices as you visit ports. You can drink your own alcohol in your cabin - they even provide free mixers for spirits - but if you take your own wine to the dining room you have to pay corkage.

The one thing to be aware of is if you are starting in Singapore the authorities there are much stricter on duty free. Some other ports may have restrictions.

Wherever you are the ship itself doesn't restrict what you can bring on board and there are often bargains to be had ashore.

Hope this helps,

Sella

Edited by SellaVee

Thanks Sella,

You have answered my question. "They do not sell cigarettes in the shop." Last year on Azamara, they also didn't have cigarettes in their shop but they used to. They just had Marlboro which they sold at the bar. Perhaps all the cruise ships are going down this route now.

If OP were aware of the restricted smoking on the ship, the question at least about cigarettes probably would not have been asked.

And since we can bring liquor on without serious restrictions (as long as we restrict our imbibing to our rooms), why would they sell liquor? Of course Oceania does sell wines to a limited extent ...

All around it seems like the poster isn't really aware of what Oceania offers ... which would mean it was GOOD to ask these questions!

Mura

I am aware of the restricted smoking but I don't see what that has to do with what they sell in their shop. Many shops sell cigarettes but that doesn't mean you can smoke in their shop.

I can't imagine why I included alcohol in my post. Must have been a 'senior moment'. We have a Prestige drinks package so wouldn't want to be buying in the shop.

This is our first cruise with Oceania but we have sailed on both of Azamara's R ships. It will be interesting to see how they compare.

• 2 weeks later...
Someone mentioned today that they sell Marlbough cigs at the bar by the pool so I asked and they are $4 for a packet of 20 :):D

Interesting

learned something new

I guess because I do not smoke I never asked :D

Maybe half a dozen or so smokers who I have seen and several officers on the smoking area by the pool. Also noticed a few smoking in the enclosed room on the 11th deck, I think. The crew would need to buy cigs from somewhere :)

The crew would need to buy cigs from somewhere :)

I bet they know all the good tobacco selling spots ashore and hoard cigarettes. On a different ship, I saw them buying lots of cigarettes in the duty free shop in Tianjin.

They will buy them when ashore

Talking to the crew they buy the cigs from the crew shop as the cigs are duty free on the ship

If they bought them ashore in most ports they wouldn't get them duty free

Big price difference

Edited by Thecat123

Talking to the crew they buy the cigs from the crew shop as the cigs are duty free on the ship

If they bought them ashore in most ports they wouldn't get them duty free

Big price difference

Maybe so

but have seen them bring cartons back with their other shopping