Black Jeans in the MDR

dinosaurdem

Yes. We were sitting in the bar one night where we were able to observe. There were at least two (males) who were turned away. It was all very polite. From body language we deduced that they were being offered the option of the buffet .

for me it was 2 couples on first night of sailing.. guess they were too lazy to change.. I saw them come back too. also thought it was done correctly.

for me it was 2 couples on first night of sailing.. guess they were too lazy to change.. I saw them come back too. also thought it was done correctly.

I hope whoever turned them away remembered to check - it might not have been too lazy it might have been a delay in getting their luggage either between pier and room or worse thanks to the airline.

We do not travel in jeans but have had to dine in our travel clothes -not because or lazy but delays.

As I say the sign now says no blue jeans

I hope whoever turned them away remembered to check - it might not have been too lazy it might have been a delay in getting their luggage either between pier and room or worse thanks to the airline.

We do not travel in jeans but have had to dine in our travel clothes -not because or lazy but delays.

As I say the sign now says no blue jeans

Thanks for posting about the potential problem of delayed luggage and the present sign.

One of the delights of Azamara, and for that matter this forum, is the absence of interminable discussions about dress codes, and the often resultant tendency to form moral judgments on either side of the issue.

In our experience, there has never been an "issue" onboard because of the common sense of staff and fellow cruisers.

Is anybody else hearing that great old pop song by Michael Penn in their head every time their eyes flicker past this thread title or is it just me? What if I were Romeo in Black Jeans . . . Thanks dinosaurdem for the great ear worm!

It seems that every ship I've ever been on has looked the other way the first night because of delay in bag delivery, especially in the days of early fixed seating. I think it must be universal.

So, now that black jeans are settled :confused: I have a question: How much white do I really need for the White Night party? I wish it were called the Black and White Night party, and then my whole wardrobe would suffice. Just white? Notsomuch.

I have a question: How much white do I really need for the White Night party? I wish it were called the Black and White Night party, and then my whole wardrobe would suffice. Just white? Notsomuch.

My DH usually wears khaki pants and a white shirt. You'll see all kinds of combinations, so I wouldn't worry about it. Just go and have a good time. The White Night Party is one of the special events and Bob and I really look forward to. It's a lot of fun.

Garry

Is anybody else hearing that great old pop song by Michael Penn in their head every time their eyes flicker past this thread title or is it just me? What if I were Romeo in Black Jeans . . . Thanks dinosaurdem for the great ear worm!

It seems that every ship I've ever been on has looked the other way the first night because of delay in bag delivery, especially in the days of early fixed seating. I think it must be universal.

So, now that black jeans are settled :confused: I have a question: How much white do I really need for the White Night party? I wish it were called the Black and White Night party, and then my whole wardrobe would suffice. Just white? Notsomuch.

i would say about 2/3's of the crowd are in white.. i worn white shorts and top but mostly go for dresses. for the Rio NYE i knew ahead of time and now own 3 dresses. .many people show up in black others a mix. whatever you will have a blast.

Ann, in the case the people who were turned away wearing jeans were back in minutes with nice pants so to me that was lazy.. another time it was lack of suitcases arriving on time. guessing hey flew in the same day. . i had mine delayed more than once flying i am glad i have extra time in hotels for htem to arrive.