Embarkation Question

cdnphotogirl

We board the Golden Princess on Jun 1 in San Francisco, I have been lucky enough to tear my meniscus within the past 2 weeks. :-( I am now using a cane and have been fitted with a knee brace--that I will be picking up next week. I was wondering there is somewhere for me sit if there is a line up at the embarkation check in?

Edited by cdnphotogirl

We board the Golden Princess on Jun 1 in San Francisco, I have been lucky enough to tear my meniscus within the past 2 weeks. :-( I am now using a cane and have been fitted with a knee brace--that I will be picking up next week. I was wondering there is somewhere for me sit if there is a line up at the embarkation check in?

Yes there are benches near the terminal entrance where you can sit.

DSC_0053_zps74204b38.jpg

See my photo above that I took.

I would also advise the staff at the entrance as to your situation.

DSC_0074_zps13d1e0e0.jpg

Here's the elevator that right near the stairs and escalator if you need it.

I was at the terminal on behalf of CC members for the Press tour and the ceremony for the new terminal. I have many photos so if you need and additional information please let me know.

Tom😎

I saw people being allowed inside the terminal early on Wednesday when I was there with friends so that they could see the new terminal and the boarding process so I would arrive around 11 am and perhaps you could board early. Another option is to have friends sign up for the BVE and you can board early with them. I have been let in the terminal at 10:30 am when I was doing a BVE.

Tom😎

i

Yes there are benches near the terminal entrance where you can sit.

DSC_0053_zps74204b38.jpg

See my photo above that I took.

I would also advise the staff at the entrance as to your situation.

DSC_0074_zps13d1e0e0.jpg

Here's the elevator that right near the stairs and escalator if you need it.

I was at the terminal on behalf of CC members for the Press tour and the ceremony for the new terminal. I have many photos so if you need and additional information please let me know.

Tom😎

Thanks for posting these great photos! I have a question, our flight arrives early and want to drop off our bags and take my dad for a walk at fisherman's wharf area. Can you walk from the Pier? How long of a walk?

Appreciate your input

i

Thanks for posting these great photos! I have a question, our flight arrives early and want to drop off our bags and take my dad for a walk at fisherman's wharf area. Can you walk from the Pier? How long of a walk?

Appreciate your input

It is walkable and a little over a mile from Pier 27. You just walk up the Embarcadero all the way to Fisherman's Wharf. Another option is to ride the historic streetcars of the F-Line. There is a stop close to Pier 27 and you can ride all the way to Fisherman's Wharf for $2.00/person. If you walk one way it could an interesting way to get back to the pier. Edited by IECalCruiser

It is walkable and a little over a mile from Pier 27. You just walk up the Embarcadero all the way to Fisherman's Wharf. Another option is to ride the historic streetcars of the F-Line. There is a stop close to Pier 27 and you can ride all the way to Fisherman's Wharf for $2.00/person. If you walk one way it could an interesting way to get back to the pier.

Thanks for the quick reply! I just arranged a 40 minute pedicab tour that will pick us up at the pier and return us there! lazy girls tour lol.

You can also advise Princess that you need a wheelchair for embarkation, and they'll provide one to get you on the ship.

don't need a wheelchair thanks

I think the suggestion for the wheelchair was for me as I have a torn meniscus in my knee and originally asked if there was somewhere to sit if there is a line during embarkation.

• 3 months later...
I saw people being allowed inside the terminal early on Wednesday when I was there with friends so that they could see the new terminal and the boarding process so I would arrive around 11 am and perhaps you could board early. Another option is to have friends sign up for the BVE and you can board early with them. I have been let in the terminal at 10:30 am when I was doing a BVE.

Tom

sorry to butt in but what is a "BVE"?

also, in Southampton this spring when boarding the Caribbean Princess if you were in a suite you did not have to do the staggered boarding you went right on as soon as boarding began..does that also apply to San Francisco boarding of the Grand?

sorry to butt in but what is a "BVE"? Bon Voyage Experience also, in Southampton this spring when boarding the Caribbean Princess if you were in a suite you did not have to do the staggered boarding you went right on as soon as boarding began..does that also apply to San Francisco boarding of the Grand? Yes

BVE costs $39pp for the non-cruiser. If a friend is doing the BVE, you can board with the BVE person. The price includes a glass of wine with lunch in the MDR, the boarding photo (one for each person in the group), early boarding before almost anyone else, plus if the BVE person books a cruise within 90 days, the $39 is deducted from the cruise fare.

It is a great deal and lots of fun, BUT it is only available on certain ships at port of embarkation in the US.

The "BVE" stands for Bon Voyage Experience. In some embarkation ports people who are not cruising can call Princess and arrange to have lunch on board and tour the ship. A boarding picture and a glass of wine at lunch is included.

At all ports Platinum, Elites and Suite passengers have priority boarding.

Enjoy sailing from San Francisco. It is beautiful!

Carole

thanks, JF and LBL... I was hoping the Southampton Embarkation for suite passengers was not a "one-off".

Also, do suite passengers also get priority disembarkation particularly through Customs? we will have a 1 PM flight from SFO and as the cruise is R/T with the last port in Ensenada the process could be lengthy, ...(there is only one mid-day flight to our home airport)

sorry to butt in but what is a "BVE"?

also, in Southampton this spring when boarding the Caribbean Princess if you were in a suite you did not have to do the staggered boarding you went right on as soon as boarding began..does that also apply to San Francisco boarding of the Grand?

Staggered boarding is a suggestion only.

thanks, JF and LBL... I was hoping the Southampton Embarkation for suite passengers was not a "one-off".

Also, do suite passengers also get priority disembarkation particularly through Customs? we will have a 1 PM flight from SFO and as the cruise is R/T with the last port in Ensenada the process could be lengthy, ...(there is only one mid-day flight to our home airport)

Yes, make sure to walk off with your luggage... since you have a fairly early flight. Traffic...

Yes, make sure to walk off with your luggage... since you have a fairly early flight. Traffic...

Will do !!!! and will get private transportation to the airport rather than the ship's.

Also, do suite passengers also get priority disembarkation particularly through Customs?

I am not aware of priority disembarkation for suite passengers.

However anyone can ask for the walk off option carrying your luggage.