What does being RCC Emerald mean at Celebrity

B&J_Pgh

I realize this is a very useless question at this time because the Captain's Club is/has undergone recent changes.

I know nothing about Celebrity other than my daughter seems to feel it's a better fit for us. We just had a cruise cancelled at RCC and their lack of equal compensation has us at the end of our ropes.

Based on the old criteria perhaps can you tell us what we would have received. What are their ammenities like is there special on deck sitting space, discounts on cruises or amenities you have received?

Edited by B&J_Pgh

I realize this is a very useless question at this time because the Captain's Club is/has undergone recent changes.

I know nothing about Celebrity other than my daughter seems to feel it's a better fit for us. We just had a cruise cancelled at RCC and their lack of equal compensation has us at the end of our ropes.

Based on the old criteria perhaps can you tell us what we would have received. Nee is their special on deck sitting space, discounts on cruises or amenities you have received?

You will be Select on Celebrity. Select benefits per Celebrity.

Select Member Benefits*

(150-299 earned Club Points**)

Many of The Benefits Of Classic Membership Plus:

• 25% off any single Internet package (restrictions may apply)
  • 15% discount on any digital or print photo package at the Photo Gallery
  • Complimentary pressing of 2 garment items
  • One standard bag of laundry (wash, dry, fold) at discounted price on all Celebrity Cruises of 12+ nights
  • Priority embarkation while boarding the ship (where available)
  • Complimentary wine seminar event
  • Priority status for shore excursion waitlist
  • Exclusive Senior Officers' Cocktail Party***
  • Platinum Level enrollment in Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor Society‡
  • Earn Double Club Points if you travel solo in a stateroom (as of July 1, 2014)

No cross recognition at Celebrity until you reach Platinum, then you will be "Select"

Select benefits:

• One standard bag of laundry (wash, dry, fold) at discounted price on all Celebrity Cruises of 12+ nights
  • Platinum Level enrollment in Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor Society
  • Earn Double Club Points if you travel solo in a stateroom (as of July 1, 2014)

The OP is already Emerald on RC. That would make the OP Select on Celebrity.

I guess I had a bit of dyslexia, we went from platinum to Diamond, forgot they added Emerald in between.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

thanks everyone for your help. Since you are were so attentive anyone want to take a stab and trying to sell our crossing over for our 2019 cruises. We are 50 years old with 3 grown children, ride a Harley, love the Beach, have to have at least a Balcony and fun but not dancers or partiers. We love eating in the dining room and sunning by the pool. The Windjammer has gotten to be a big drag for us. We will be in our first Junior Suite to Bermuda June 30 for our 30th anniversary.

I guess I had a bit of dyslexia, we went from platinum to Diamond, forgot they added Emerald in between.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

so Emerald is a newer classification? Any idea around when they added it? We actually won't be Emerald till our 30th Anniversary trip on July 2.

You will be Select on Celebrity. Select benefits per Celebrity.

Select Member Benefits*

(150-299 earned Club Points**)

Many of The Benefits Of Classic Membership Plus:

• Platinum Level enrollment in Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor Society‡

hubby will love the pressing of 2 garments!

Is the Senior Officers' Cocktail Party on a certain lenght cruise?

so Emerald is a newer classification? Any idea around when they added it? We actually won't be Emerald till our 30th Anniversary trip on July 2.

No RCs Emerald has been around for awhile. In your case you won't turn Emerald until you complete your next RC cruise then. Even being Platinum with RC you still will be Select with Celebrity. BTW points earned toward tier levels don't transfer from RC to Celebrity and vise versa. Only your tier levels are reciprocal.

Why was your Royal sailing cancelled? If it was due to a charter, just be aware that X also charter their ships out too ;).

We are Royal Caribbean Platinum and will be Emerald after one more cruise. We just took our first Celebrity cruise in a balcony room on Reflection and absolutely loved it. We became Captain's Club Select with Celebrity with our Platinum status. However, the points at the Select level start at zero. In order to move up to the next status on Celebrity, you have to earn all of the points on Celebrity. At this point, they do not transfer back and forth. With that being said, we really didn't take advantage of too many of the Select perks, although there were a couple of events offered on the cruise for Select members and above. (I think one of them was a theater back stage tour)

Though we have had many enjoyable cruises on RCCL, we started feeling like their service was "slipping" a little. At the advice of some friends we decided to try Celebrity. Personally, we felt that the whole experience was so much better. We are early 50's with grown children, and like a lot of the same things as you describe (except we don't have a Harley...lol). I think you will really like Celebrity. I know we will be cruising with them again.

thanks everyone for your help. Since you are were so attentive anyone want to take a stab and trying to sell our crossing over for our 2019 cruises. We are 50 years old with 3 grown children, ride a Harley, love the Beach, have to have at least a Balcony and fun but not dancers or partiers. We love eating in the dining room and sunning by the pool. The Windjammer has gotten to be a big drag for us. We will be in our first Junior Suite to Bermuda June 30 for our 30th anniversary.

You might find it interesting that one of Celebrity's most popular Captains, Demitrius Kefetzis, sometimes has one of his 2 Harleys aboard his ship. I think he is currently still one of the Silhouette captains. For those that know Captain "Demitrius" they would understand if I told folks that he tried to convince us that his Harley was "Greek."

Hank