Room Change Request After Final Payment

purpletequila

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to upgrade from a forward balcony to a mid ship balcony after final payment? It is only $50 more per person and an angle balcony near the elevators is available. I currently have the UBP, 3 dinners and a $100 obc.

Also, if it is possible, will I lose my dinner reservations that I've already made?

Thank you

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to upgrade from a forward balcony to a mid ship balcony after final payment? It is only $50 more per person and an angle balcony near the elevators is available. I currently have the UBP, 3 dinners and a $100 obc.

Also, if it is possible, will I lose my dinner reservations that I've already made?

Thank you

As it is after final payment it may be classified as a cancellation/rebook with all the associated costs. It may also involve a change of perks. Take great care.

The only people who can tell you are knowledgeable people at NCL; make sure you get one of those!!!! I would recommend you make a recording of both ends of the conversation as it is not unknown for the phone staff to make changes they THINK you want!!!!

I would say that this is a BIG caveat emptor.

As it is after final payment it may be classified as a cancellation/rebook with all the associated costs. It may also involve a change of perks. Take great care.

The only people who can tell you are knowledgeable people at NCL; make sure you get one of those!!!! I would recommend you make a recording of both ends of the conversation as it is not unknown for the phone staff to make changes they THINK you want!!!!

Really? They might charge a cancellation fee based on their schedule? How do they offer upsells/upgrades then without doing so?

Really? They might charge a cancellation fee based on their schedule? How do they offer upsells/upgrades then without doing so?

As I said, be careful.

There is a difference between you asking for a change and them offering!!

I went from an inside cabin to a mid ship balcony on the Escape after final payment. My husband made a quick phone call, and for $100 per person, we were moved to a family balcony. It won't hurt to call and ask.

Thank you

Generally you may do what you want and not lose any perks or benefits,, and not lose your dinner reservations. Pick up the phone and call NCL and ask them.

Usually when you upgrade you take the perks you booked under with you....Same with upsell. I did an upsell today and kept all the same perks including OBC

Do you mind if i asked what you changed from and to? We only got offered haven for 17th sailing and i am too broke to do that this time. But I do want a better cabin and am still hopeful.

A few weeks before sailing, I saw that the price of a mid-ship balcony cabin had dropped below what I had paid for my sons' inside cabin. I called NCL and, after they consulted with a supervisor, they were able to move my boys into the balcony cabin at no extra charge, including keeping their existing perks as is (which could have gone up since the gratuity price for the UBP had gone up since I had originally booked their cabin).

Do you mind if i asked what you changed from and to? We only got offered haven for 17th sailing and i am too broke to do that this time. But I do want a better cabin and am still hopeful.

I changed from an AFT Balcony to a 2 bedroom haven villa ........our cruise had a lot available and I called for a few weeks before it got to a price I would pay with so many port days.....you just never know....I asm on a sailing in November and they are almost sold out so there will be no upsell to a haven on that one

Just got off the phone with them. I can upgrade to the room category I want--forward guarantee to a mid ship angle balcony for the current price difference of $50 pp. I can keep all free at sea promotions, but because my obc was part of a limited time DASh promo (whatever that is), I'd lose the obc.

I'm going to think about it, maybe wait to see if the prices of mini suites drop more. But does anyone know how much bigger the angle balcony balcony space is? The rep said its the same size. I've never been on NCL, but every other line I've been on, angled balconies are at the very least, deeper so somewhat bigger.

Edited by purpletequila

Just got off the phone with them. I can upgrade to the room category I want--forward guarantee to a mid ship angle balcony for the current price difference of $50 pp. I can keep all free at sea promotions, but because my obc was part of a limited time DASh promo (whatever that is), I'd lose the obc.

I'm going to think about it, maybe wait to see if the prices of mini suites drop more. But does anyone know how much bigger the angle balcony balcony space is? The rep said its the same size. I've never been on NCL, but every other line I've been on, angled balconies are at the very least, deeper so somewhat bigger.

Sounds like a net increase of $200 to move to the mid ship angled balcony.

I don't know exactly how much bigger they are, but it isn't much -- surely not $200 bigger. Good call on the mini... see what happens with that.

Edited by triptolemus

Which ship are you sailing on? The angled balcony that I sailed in on the Getaway was much larger than a regular balcony.

It all comes down to the amount of time you think you would be on your balcony and if it is worth the $200 difference ($100 lost OBC and $100 upgrade fee)

I am on the Epic Transatlantic Oct. 30th. The inside cabin has dropped $251 for a single person. My studio is NOW $251 more expensive. Just got off the phone with NCL agent, RUDE R U D E. She says, OH NO, you will have to PAY more money to get a CHEAPER FARE. I said, you make no sense! I am all ears to how I GAIN BACK my $251 - - - already asked for an upgrade, "none available."

Absolutely! Caveat emptor indeed... you must go in with your eyes wide open and make sure you understand every little change that may occur when you decide to upsell yourself to a better cabin after full payment.

An H4 penthouse on the Gem became available after having been sold out for awhile. We were in an H5 and upgraded after full payment to the newly available H4 for $50 pp (we like the extra room). The current promotions took precedent over the old (I fully expected this to happen). The only difference between the new and the old promo was that we got prepaid gratuities (which we preferred) instead of shore excursion credits. So it was win-win for us... but it might not be for everyone. Just make sure the change gives you exactly what you want before you commit.

BUT I agree

An upsell is something NCL offers you and you keep the promotions of your cabin.As in balcony to haven, you DO NOT get the 4 free haven promos. An upgrade, when you decide you want a mini suite instead of the balcony you booked and are willing to rebook and pay the new price, you get new promotions, this usually is before final payment.

You are technically correct, of course... I wasn't sure what to call the situation since it was after we paid in full... I didn't think it was an upgrade because I thought that was when NCL moved you up to a better room without charging you. That's why I said "we upsold ourselves"... in hindsight, I should have said we upgraded ourselves.

No matter what it's called, we moved up to a better room for cheap without much hassle or change in our perks and that people need to be careful when doing something like that just in case something goes haywire and you lose something that might be important to you in the process.

I see the terms upsell and upgrade causing confusion in many posts and wasn't trying to be confusing which is why I included a lot of detail regarding my specific transaction. :)

Edited by lgdesign