Esta scam

sandancer

Late last year I received an email headed ESTA Expiration and requesting a renewal via a link in the email. As I was sure our ESTA still had some time left on it, I deleted the email. Today I renewed via the official US website and was given a message saying a valid ESTA was still on file. So, while I am sure all you cc members would be savvy enough to know this was a scam, there might just be someone out there renewing for the first time who may not know the renewal procedure. So as the saying goes "forewarned is forearmed"

Who sent you the email? I recently got an ESTA Expiration Warning email from cbp.dhs.gov saying the one I applied for 2 years ago is due to expire. This was a genuine email as it is due to expire. There was no link in the email but it gave the web address to use.

Who sent you the email? I recently got an ESTA Expiration Warning email from cbp.dhs.gov saying the one I applied for 2 years ago is due to expire. This was a genuine email as it is due to expire. There was no link in the email but it gave the web address to use.

No idea who sent it as I deleted pretty sharpish. It was saying the ESTA was only for 18 months and I know it is for 2 years. I also know you can't renew, you have to apply again.

I also got an ESTA renewal email..... or one purporting to be one.... I'd had to get a new one very recently as my passport had expired.... I'm so used to getting emails from banks I don't bank at, emails from paypal, iTunes etc etc I just deleted it along with the others. I simply never click through any links on any emails. EVER. Oh I recently got one purporting to be from LinkedIn too.

This is what I You are receiving this message because you have been identified by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) as a U.S. citizen or Canadian citizen enrolled in the NEXUS program. CBP would like to inform you that the United Kingdom now operates an expedited entry program called Registered Traveller and you may be eligible to apply.

Registered Traveller is a new service launched by the UK Border Force to give faster and more convenient entry to the UK for eligible nationals from the United States and Canada. Membership of Registered Traveller costs £70 in the first year and £50 per year thereafter.

Complete details of Registered Traveller eligibility and availability can be found online at http://www.gov.uk/registered-traveller.

Membership of Registered Traveller includes the following benefits:

· Access to ePassport gates at participating airports across the country

· Use

of the UK / EEA queue at participating airports across the country

· Not needing to complete a landing card on arrival to the UK

· No credibility interview with a Border Force officer.

Registered Traveller is already proving popular with members, who have provided praises such as, “This is an excellent service, it is efficient, extremely well run and very effective. I would highly recommend this service,” and “Well done Britain. Fast, secure, easy. Great service and timesaver, and remarkably easy to set up. Thanks to all the people who made this possible.”

You can apply for Registered Traveler online now at http://www.gov.uk/registered-traveller.