Golden Lion lunch menu

Lanky Lad

Thanks for the replies.

A much better choice than I thought :)

Now I just need to hope it is open when I board next week. If not I will have to suffer Kings Court.

Edited by Lanky Lad

Thanks for the replies.

A much better choice than I thought :)

Now I just need to hope it is open when I board next week. If not I will have to suffer Kings Court.

Quite surprised you needed to ask. with ALL your Cunard Voyages, food in the Pub is always the same year in year out, On the Three Queens. You appear to be unhappy in the Kings Court, so why not use the Britannnia Restaurant at lunch time.;)

Quite surprised you needed to ask. with ALL your Cunard Voyages, food in the Pub is always the same year in year out, On the Three Queens. You appear to be unhappy in the Kings Court, so why not use the Britannnia Restaurant at lunch time.;)

Because Britannia Restaurant is not open on the day of boarding and Lanky Lad also wondered if the Golden Lion was open....and I believe that it is :)

We absolutely loved the food in the Golden Lion on QM2, so much so that we ended up eating lunch there quite a few times. The bangers and mash was excellent plus the fish and chips - actually everything on the menu was delicious. DH and sister in law & her DH had steak/kidney pie and what we in the US call Shepards Pie. I'd love to have some more of those fish & chips.

Because Britannia Restaurant is not open on the day of boarding and Lanky Lad also wondered if the Golden Lion was open....and I believe that it is :)

Lanky Lads first question was asking what the menu was! did not mention on embarkation day, and with being a regular cruiser with Cunard, one would have thought he should have known;)

Lanky Lads first question was asking what the menu was! did not mention on embarkation day, and with being a regular cruiser with Cunard, one would have thought he should have known;)

We welcome questions from regulars as well as new comers.

We had our first pub lunch on our most recent trip, 7 years after our first Cunard trip.

We sailed twice in May (10th & 27th). On the Eastbound voyage the Golden Lion pub was open on embarkation day, but closed on the Westbound. When we asked the reason why, we were told by the staff in the pub that the number of passengers on board, determined if they were serving lunch or not.

We then went to the Britannia restaurant (which was open from 12:00 - 1:30) and had lunch there. Apparently it is generally open for B2B passengers but nobody said anything (I guess we were sort of B2B:) ).

On the Eastbound voyage when the clocks change at midday it is quite difficult to find a seat in the Golden Lion. It is always a very busy spot on board and reducing the time that lunch is served makes it even more challenging to find a seat. This is why we like to eat there on embarkation day.