Should I cruise in November?

mollybloomers

Hi! So, I am planning a cruise for my bf for his birthday. He's never cruised, but this well be my 3rd.

The one I'm looking at is on November 5 with NCL. It will leave from San Juan, then go to St. Kitts, Barbados, St. Maarten, St. Thomas and Matinique.

My question is, is this a good time to go? I know nobody can predict the weather, but is it likely to be rainy the whole time? We're both beach people and will likely do just that on each island.

Thanks for any insight!

November is near the end of Hurricane season. The weather should be fabulous. If poor weather is predicted when getting close to cruise date, they may decide to do the ports backwards to avoid bad sea conditions.

If you are doing excursions, I would not prepay any of them just in case of schedule changes. You are doing beaches, so no worries.

It will be great! Have a great cruise.

Why would it be rainy all the time??? Hurricane season doesn't change anything about the overall weather...it simply means the ocean is still warm enough to help fuel a storm, should the conditions be right. If that happens, your ship will avoid the storm!

It might rain all 7 days or it might be sunny without a cloud in the sky all 7 days.

It might be hotter than the hinges of he&& or it might be very pleasant.

NOBODY can possibly know what the weather will be like in November. With El Nino or La Nina and all the goofy weather patterns lately there is really no way to know. If you want to go in Nov then go. Don't concern yourself of what it "might" be like.