Last minute questions

Wendy The Wanderer

Leaving in 6 days for Rome where we'll embark a few days later on our first Azamara adventure on Journey.

Just some remaining questions.

- attire. Reading the website I see this about the dress code: "Out of respect for others, bare feet, tank tops, baseball caps, bathing suits, shorts, and torn/distressed jeans are not allowed in the dining room or specialty restaurants". Does this mean that a pair of nice jeans would be acceptable? Not blue, but black or tan coloured?

- afternoon tea. I see that there's afternoon tea in Windows, but only on port days. This sounds backwards to me. I'm not a big afternoon tea person, but sea days seem to be the time for it

- specialty coffee. I see that Mosaic has specialty coffees with a fee. Is there a fee throughout the ship? How is the regular coffee in general?

Thanks.

Leaving in 6 days for Rome where we'll embark a few days later on our first Azamara adventure on Journey.

- attire. Reading the website I see this about the dress code: "Out of respect for others, bare feet, tank tops, baseball caps, bathing suits, shorts, and torn/distressed jeans are not allowed in the dining room or specialty restaurants". Does this mean that a pair of nice jeans would be acceptable? Not blue, but black or tan coloured?

- afternoon tea. I see that there's afternoon tea in Windows, but only on port days. This sounds backwards to me. I'm not a big afternoon tea person, but sea days seem to be the time for it

- specialty coffee. I see that Mosaic has specialty coffees with a fee. Is there a fee throughout the ship? How is the regular coffee in general?

Thanks.

Nice jeans will be fine.

I think you can have tea and cakes every day in Windows (someone on here will correct me if I am wrong)

You can also have tea and cakes in Mosaic and the Living Room.

Only Nespresso and speciality coffees with alcohol are chargeable. Cappuccino, Latte, Mocha etc are all free.

You join Journey as we leave. I hope you enjoy your first Azamara cruise.

they just changed the rule on the jean thing. You can wear nice dark colored one.. but not yuky ones. .personally i hate them.. now women can wear dressy white or black. rarely see other colors out there.

great typo by AZ as teas are daily with the snacks. we do a dressy one once a cruise on a long cruise.

I never paid fro a coffee yet. i might have to try one at some poit.

Thanks.

welcome

enjoy! you have Johanness as captain and i think by you get on Eric and Heike. Lucky you.

welcome

"they just changed the rule on the jean thing. You can wear nice dark colored one.. but not yuky ones. .personally i hate them.. now women can wear dressy white or black. rarely see other colors out there."

enjoy! you have Johanness as captain and i think by you get on Eric and Heike. Lucky you.

Thanks for the welcome. 5 nights in Rome pre-cruise, which I'm really looking forward to.

Believe me, my husband's beautiful new black and sand-coloured jeans look a lot nicer than his docker-style pants, mainly because they fit him properly after some weight loss. I'm sure his sand-coloured jeans would be indistinguishable from a nice khaki pant.

Only Nespresso and speciality coffees with alcohol are chargeable. Cappuccino, Latte, Mocha etc are all free.

Why is coffee with alcohol chargeable, when both are included?

I've only asked for it once in Mosaic, but didn't get it because they said they had no alcohol and the nearby bar was closed.

Actually, the first time on Azamara we didn't even know that coffee and tea in Mosaic was included and only discovered it while waiting to disembark on the last day!

Why is coffee with alcohol chargeable, when both are included?

I've only asked for it once in Mosaic, but didn't get it because they said they had no alcohol and the nearby bar was closed.

Actually, the first time on Azamara we didn't even know that coffee and tea in Mosaic was included and only discovered it while waiting to disembark on the last day!

That is a very good question Wacktle. I believe they charge for alcoholic coffees which include drinks which are not included like Brandy and Cointreau.

I will check it out when I board Journey on Friday.

Thanks for the welcome. 5 nights in Rome pre-cruise, which I'm really looking forward to.

Believe me, my husband's beautiful new black and sand-coloured jeans look a lot nicer than his docker-style pants, mainly because they fit him properly after some weight loss. I'm sure his sand-coloured jeans would be indistinguishable from a nice khaki pant.

you are welcome. Lucky you 5 nights= 4 whole days to run around and see it all. i was 18 the only time I was in Rome. i need to see it again one day.

i know the pants will. easier to get away with that or black jeans vs blue ones. same with white jeans

That is a very good question Wacktle. I believe they charge for alcoholic coffees which include drinks which are not included like Brandy and Cointreau.

I will check it out when I board Journey on Friday.

Thanks Spursgirl, that'd be really helpful as we're joining Journey for the Arabian cruise. If the alcohol coffees are free when the alcohol is on the included list, try them out a good few times, just to be sure, of course ! :)

you are welcome. Lucky you 5 nights= 4 whole days to run around and see it all. i was 18 the only time I was in Rome. i need to see it again one day.

i know the pants will. easier to get away with that or black jeans vs blue ones. same with white jeans

I was 22! Husband's never been, so yes. We like to do this, spend significant time in the port cities so we can kick back and soak it in.

Thanks for the vote of confidence about the jeans!

Thanks Spursgirl, that'd be really helpful as we're joining Journey for the Arabian cruise. If the alcohol coffees are free when the alcohol is on the included list, try them out a good few times, just to be sure, of course ! :)

Will do. Just for research purposes of course :)