A new Azamara cruiser's Journey on the newly refurbished Journey

margbem

Hi Uktog,

As mentioned in my "Live from" thread, there were a number of technical issues, which hurt the overall presentation, but it appeared that nothing was cut short due to the issues. I have nothing to compare it to, but it probably wasn't one of the better AzAmazing evenings... but I totally enjoyed the Opera singer, and genuinely appreciated the effort that the officers and crew made to put the evening together. On top of that, it was a beautiful night, so we we thought it was good enough. Of course, others opinions will differ.

Hi Andy

Yes, opinions do differ. We were there. Quite frankly, we felt it quite embarrassing and had great sympathy for the performers what with the technical issues, sound problems, etc. We weren't quite sure whether or note the performance (even without the glitches) was meant to be taken seriously or not. We thought that Azamara had been too ambitious in their choice for an Azamazing evening on board ship. As this event is greatly promoted in their sales literature, etc. as being unique to Azamara, for anyone experiencing this entertainment event for the first time (we include ourselves) it was an unfortunate let down.

I would add, we're not new to Azamara - this was our 4th cruise with them, but not since the 'white night' and Azamazing evening were included.

'grandma cruising'; it isn't free - I'm pretty sure the costing is factored into the price of your cruise.

Rita

Edited by factor30

Dear Loucat, we were on a Quest cruise last year and had a great Az-Amazing evening in Kerala India, we were met by Painted elephants an were entertained with local Dancers even the Kathikali performers in very high temperatures.

We are currently en route to our second Azamara Quest cruise to Astralia and the great Barrier reef, the Az-Amazing evening is in an Aboriginal cultural centre in Cairns.

All the nights are different depending on where the ship is on the Itinerary, don't boycot it, it will be great -enjoy!

G

You sound like you had some great evenings. I appreciate your response.

Hi Andy

Yes, opinions do differ. We were there. Quite frankly, we felt it quite embarrassing and had great sympathy for the performers what with the technical issues, sound problems, etc. We weren't quite sure whether or note the performance (even without the glitches) was meant to be taken seriously or not. We thought that Azamara had been too ambitious in their choice for an Azamazing evening on board ship. As this event is greatly promoted in their sales literature, etc. as being unique to Azamara, for anyone experiencing this entertainment event for the first time (we include ourselves) it was an unfortunate let down.

I would add, we're not new to Azamara - this was our 4th cruise with them, but not since the 'white night' and Azamazing evening were included.

'grandma cruising'; it isn't free - I'm pretty sure the costing is factored into the price of your cruise.

Rita

I think the word 'included' may be more appropriate.

We have had some lovely Azamazing evenings, although as others have said they have been in Europe and Asia rather than the Caribbean. Our next one is in Cabo next month which should prove interesting.

To me it's semantics. If it doesn't cost any more to attend and there isn't any rebate for not attending -- that's "free" in my book. The difference is Oceania's "free" airfare: if you don't want it you get a rebate, so that clearly is not "free" under any definition.

We are on the Nov '17 TA on Quest. How do you find out if there is an event and, if there is, what it is?

No Azamazing evenings on a TA.

Phil

I am an Azamara newbie sorry to see there will be no Azamazing Evening on the Nov 17 Quest TA. :(

@ russg140, we have a little Roll Call thread if you want to visit. Oh, I just checked and it seems you found us. :D

Denise

• 2 weeks later...
Glad you enjoyed the cruise. People who kick up a stink and take it out on the crew should be made to walk the plank!

Phil

I spoke to a friend today who was on this cruise and she said that there was some pretty ugly behaviour by some passengers waiting to board the ship at the delayed embarkation and that two days into the cruise Captain Johannes had to make a public announcement that there would be a zero tolerance of guests verbally abusing the crew. Really shameful.

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden

I spoke to a friend today who was on this cruise and she said that there was some pretty ugly behaviour by some passengers waiting to board the ship at the delayed embarkation and that two days into the cruise Captain Johannes had to make a public announcement that there would be a zero tolerance of guests verbally abusing the crew. Really shameful.

Phil

That is awful and not what we are used to from Azamara guests. I've had delayed embarkations for other reasons and it read that Azamara took far far better care of guests than Celebrity did

No place for "Mean Girls" or mean anybodies on Azamara. Was surprised to hear that people were being abusive to the crew--- the crew works very hard and tries their best. They are one of the best elements of Azamara, if not the best.

no place for "mean girls" or mean anybodies on azamara. Was surprised to hear that people were being abusive to the crew--- the crew works very hard and tries their best. They are one of the best elements of azamara, if not the best.

+1!

Edited by travelinjudy

No Bob. It was an evening of local entertainment held outside which consisted of people dressed from the Middle Ages reenacting songs and dances from Bergen's past. It included some dressed as "ladies of the night" flirting with the men. They had strange costumes too. As I said it was all very odd, but the food was really good. Yours sounds very good if it's at Grieg Hall. Much more cultural!

Phil

Maybe they should be Norwegian Trolls, the "ladies of the night" sounds like "Hueldra", a female troll of norwegian tales, that flirted with young men and fooled them.