themed nights

gelfy666

I think the Black and White theme is included within the 2 formal nights. Black and White is a formal night but some themes like Tropical are not i.e. themes are not included in the tally and may or may not be a formal night.

Regards John

Just dont understand black and white theme night, why, when you have all the glorious evening gowns in all the lovely colours would you want the whole ship in black and white! Yawn.

Not for me Im afraid, I want to see colour, glam, sparkles and glitter.

Having said that I have mostly black dresses :o. Even so Ill be using gold evening bags, or even a bright red one.

Still dont like the idea of it, especially when there are only 2 formals on our cruise.

On a two week cruise you are likely to have four formal evenings and the rest Casual. Within the four formal nights there is likely that one of them will be a Black and White night. This is probably the night when the Gala Menu will be offered in the Main Dining Rooms - things like lobster, Beef Wellington.

Within the rest of the Casual evenings there may be a Tropical Night and possibly a 60s/70s evening. As far as the Tropical Night is concerned quite a few passengers do dress for this - men wearing a Tropical shirt (they are usually sold on board although my husband's came from Ebay) and the women wearing brightly coloured outfits. Very few people dress up for the 60s/70s evening - I have seen a small number of passengers who do but they are certainly in the minority. On that evening there is usually a Disco on deck (weather allowing).

Hope this helps.

Slightly off topic, but we are on a 17 night cruise next year. Just curious - will that be 4 formal nights as well or more? We are happy either way as we are going from Southampton.