Hawaii cruise Pride of America, what to do at ports??

Chezlou

We are going on the Pride of America on the 29th of July around Hawaii, just the 2 of us.

Could anyone let us know the must sees and who they recommend to go through for tours, also can you hire snorkels and flippers on board, does anyone know a price? We normally take our own everywhere but we are going to Alaska afterwards and won't have the room with the jackets etc.

Thanks in advance :)

Chez & Lou

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are going on the Pride of America on the 29th of July around Hawaii, just the 2 of us.

Could anyone let us know the must sees and who they recommend to go through for tours, also can you hire snorkels and flippers on board, does anyone know a price? We normally take our own everywhere but we are going to Alaska afterwards and won't have the room with the jackets etc.

Thanks in advance :)

Chez & Lou

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you could only do ONE excursion on the whole trip, it would have to be a one hour helicopter ride focused primarily on Kauai's NaPali coast.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Snorkel gear would have to be rented by a facility/tour company on land. I know ships used to do this, but they do not any longer. Usually if you book a snorkel excursion they will provide equipment. If you want to go it alone, you would need to find a dive shop that would rent it by the day.

When we went, we reserved rental cars in several of the ports and drove around on our own. Great way to see the islands. I highly recommend the Smith Family luau on Kauai--it was fantastic! Here's their website: https://www.smithskauai.com/ You should also find time to see Mt. Kilauea and Volcano National Park on the island of Hawaii.

Get a guidebook on Hawaii, and determine what YOU want to see and do! Yes, driving is super-easy in Hawaii...and you can go at your own pace. I would save the "Road to Hana" trip for a land vacation. It takes the ENTIRE day to do, and there are so many other things in Maui!