Norwegian Jewel Mexican Riviera Main Dining room Menus

Wolff

The Jewel still has the old menus (I.e., not the menus from the Escape).

This seems to be the standard response, as I have asked the same question for about four months now. But being new to NCL, we have no idea what is on "old menus." Any one have a link or pictures of the "old menus?"

Bump.

The old menus consisted of roughly 17 different dinner menus for the MDRs. They didn't go in any particular order other than they did have the first and last night menus but they also two versions. I got pictures of most of them back in December.

The ships have been moving to the new menus which seem to be less than 17 but that is only from what I've gathered. I don't have a complete list of which ships have the new vs. old other than the Spirit and POA have the new menus. The same applies for the specialty menus are in transition on the ships. The new specialty menus are more geared towards seafood than the old ones as a general statement.

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone have the most recent main dining room menus for the 7 day MR cruise? Seeing the specialty ones posted a lot but not the MDR..

I just read that they are using the old menus still from someone who just got off. I have never sailed on NCL but I did see a post somewhere that had a bunch of menus (will look for them). We are going on the Jewel in November to Mexico and I wonder if anyone knows if and when they will be switching to new menus??

If I find that string that hand menus on it, I will post link here.

I just read that they are using the old menus still from someone who just got off. I have never sailed on NCL but I did see a post somewhere that had a bunch of menus (will look for them). We are going on the Jewel in November to Mexico and I wonder if anyone knows if and when they will be switching to new menus??

I will be interested in seeing the menus if at all possible. Like I said above, everyone continues to say "they are using the old menus." Well, this is my first NCL Cruise, I have no idea what those menus are. I have perused the menus of other ships but I also know they can vary.

Go to beyondships dotcom and they should have menus

Beyond ships does not have recent menus for the Jewel posted. They have menus from 2013 but I understand they have changed once since then and those are the menus people are trying to get their hands on.

NCL updated their menus when hey launched the Escape in November 2015.

When they switch the specialty restaurants to a la carte, most ships just out prices on their existing menus.

Slowly (usually after dry dock) ships have been going to the escape menus.

The Jewel, specifically, had not switched to the Escape menus as of three weeks ago.

Edited by BirdTravels

No one seems to have pictures of the menus. I am going on the jewel this Saturday for the 10 day Alaska. I will take pictures. It will give me a task to do :p

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! That will be such a great help for those of us who have never sailed on NCL before! Can't wait to hear how you like the boat, food, crew, etc.!

Have a great time!!!

Sue

No one seems to have pictures of the menus. I am going on the jewel this Saturday for the 10 day Alaska. I will take pictures. It will give me a task to do :p

I hope you had an awesome trip and got home safe! I can't wait to see the menus :D:D:D.

I was on the 10 day it just got over today. I didn't see the message about the drink menus sorry :(. The drinks are stupid expensive though if you don't have the drinking package. We got two drinks one night and it was $40. My husband got one jack and coke one night and that was $22. I forgot my phone most of the nights but I got 3 pictures of the main dining room menus. They start to repeat themselves after a couple days so that might be helpful for some of you. I didn't use the ships wifi because I didn't want to pay for it so I was using my own 3G.