Promenade Deck Door Noise

scluvsrain

Maybe I should post this over on the Cabin Selection forum, and I looked there for an answer to my question, but found nothing.

I am wondering if a cabin next to or directly under the promenade deck where the outside doors from the hall to the walking deck opening and shutting frequently cause noise problems for those cabins.

Has anyone experienced this?

Maybe I should post this over on the Cabin Selection forum, and I looked there for an answer to my question, but found nothing.

I am wondering if a cabin next to or directly under the promenade deck where the outside doors from the hall to the walking deck opening and shutting frequently cause noise problems for those cabins.

Our preferred cabin is on the Lower Promenade Deck (the deck where the promenade is) near a door because of easy access. We don't notice the noise, but we are not sensitive to noise.

Our preferred cabin is on the Lower Promenade Deck (the deck where the promenade is) near a door because of easy access. We don't notice the noise, but we are not sensitive to noise.

This ^^^^ when we choose an ocean view this is our preference also and have not had any issues.

Unless it's really windy, the promenade deck doors rarely slam. Take a look at the size of the door closers on those bad boys some time. Serious hardware.

Same with us. Wish all the ships had staterooms on the Lower Promenade Deck.

We were in 3331 on Amsterdam, Lower Promenade deck. It is one of two cabins between the Atrium and the doors to the outside deck, behind the elevators. I was very concerned about noise but it turned out to be a very quiet spot. There were only a few times I heard the door slam and it was muffled in the room. And the concerns about the elevator noise was unfounded. It was one of the best locations we've had.

Sorry, I can't comment on being underneath the doors. m--

Hi ! we took a lower prom guarantee (TA was sure we would get an upgrade to a verandah (Hah!) for our first HAL cruise in 2002...the Ryndam...what a mistake:eek:! We had the stateroom by the elevator and next to the outside doors. Constant door banging and elevator dinging and people socializing in the stair/elevator area. If that weren't enough we were under the main galley where activity started at 5 AM. We have always avoided that location! Hopefully the door technology has improved since then.;)

Karen

I like to book my cabin on a deck that has cabins both above and below my cabin. This is the main reason I don't book a guarantee cabin and book early so I get the cabin and location that I prefer.