All Inclusive drink packages-Golden Princess

Just wondering if anyone has further info on this. I heard today that Golden Princess will be offering all inclusive beverage packages for cruises of 8+ days. Does anyone know anymore about this.

Edited by stefwano

Yes it's true, there was lots of discussion on the FB page. $59 a day. My husband is paying $61 on our next cruise in August from Southampton. It's good value. He gets it and buys bottles of wine for me with the 40% off.

Hi. How & where can you order the all inclusive drinks package for the October 30th sailing of golden princess. Have had a look on our personaliser but nothing there. Any help would be great. Suexxx

Hi. How & where can you order the all inclusive drinks package for the October 30th sailing of golden princess. Have had a look on our personaliser but nothing there. Any help would be great. Suexxx

Whilst Golden Princess is in Australia there are no drink packages :p

but that might be a "Good Thing"TM :eek:

regards

John

Edited by VK3DQ

It's obviously not profitable for Princess to implement the AIP when the Golden is in Australia -NZ later this year...shame.

From what I've been reading on FB they will be offering the AIP on Golden once she starts cruising from Australia & NZ.

It's already available on Sea and Dawn, and will be available on Sun in a few days I think - probably at the start of her next cruise.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

It isn't showing on the personalisers yet, but it has been confirmed by a TA. Be patient. ;)

Here is what was posted on FB yesterday:

"EDITED : just got off the ph with my Travel agent who has confirmed this is correct, the details below are what were included in the email he received from Princess late this morning, Hope this helps

For only AU$59 per person, per day for voyages 8 nights or longer, you

can enjoy the convenience of the all-inclusive beverage package. The package covers drinks up to the value of AU$14.

The package includes:

• Cocktails

• Wine by the glass

• Beers

• Specialty coffees (mocha, latte, macchiato, espresso, ice coffe and coffee blend)

• Soft drinks

• Shakes

• Water bottles

• Juices

• Spirits

You can enjoy a 40% discount on bottles of wine under AU$100.

The package will be rolled out across the following Australian based ships:

Sun Princess® - available now

Dawn Princess® - available now

Sea Princess® - available 12 July 2015

The package will also be available onboard Diamond Princess®, Golden Princess® and Emerald Princess® voyages departing from and returning to Australia, 8 nights or longer.

The package can be booked with any bartender or waiter onboard.

*Package does not include beverages above $14, souvenir items, mini-bar items, in-room service or vending machine items. The package must be purchased for the full duration of the cruise, partial packages are not available."

Thanks for that info OZkiwi:)

What a great inclusive package, won't need the coffee card! Just have to wait till next April for my next Princess cruise.

Was looking at the packages for Royal for our next couple of cruises, they sure know how to get you! Buy the replenish package, then have to buy alcohol separate......buy the beer n wine, than have to buy coffee, cocktail, spirit separate, no matter how you cost it out the premium works out best, but then still have to buy specialty coffee:( At the moment the Premium is showing $72AUD and Ultimate $83AUD:eek: on our "My cruises"

Nope, wont be buying any of them.

Like you, we may not even buy on Princess as their drink prices are reasonable, we can take on soft drinks and wine, but nice to have the option now.

Just to add, be interested to see if service goes down as Royals did when they introduced their packages. Princess has always been great for table and bar service.

Chez

Edited by cheznandy

Hi Folks

this is what princess website says

Take advantage of our All-Inclusive Beverage Package which includes any individual beverage item, such as soda, water, cocktails, spirits, wines, beers, coffee and tea, up to $10 (retail value). Bottles of wine are NOT included in the package; however, when purchased in the bars, dining rooms, or in the stateroom, will be available at a 40% discount from the menu price. Applicable to all bottles below $100 retail. Note: This package is available for consumption at all bars, public areas and dining venues (not room service and excludes mini bar items).

Package is not currently offered on Dawn, Sea and Sun Princess or Diamond, Emerald or Golden Princess voyages departing from and returning to Australia and New Zealand.

best regards

John

Hi Folks

this is what princess website says

Take advantage of our All-Inclusive Beverage Package which includes any individual beverage item, such as soda, water, cocktails, spirits, wines, beers, coffee and tea, up to $10 (retail value). Bottles of wine are NOT included in the package; however, when purchased in the bars, dining rooms, or in the stateroom, will be available at a 40% discount from the menu price. Applicable to all bottles below $100 retail. Note: This package is available for consumption at all bars, public areas and dining venues (not room service and excludes mini bar items).

Package is not currently offered on Dawn, Sea and Sun Princess or Diamond, Emerald or Golden Princess voyages departing from and returning to Australia and New Zealand.

best regards

John

Yes, it is true that the website says that. However the package availability to AUS/NZ cruisers was only announced yesterday and Princess obviously haven't updated their website yet. See my earlier post about what was posted on FB, particularly the section highlighted in red. It came from a Princess Ozzie FB page and the person who posted it had it confirmed by her TA, who had received official notification from Princess.

In fact. I'll repeat it here:

The package will be rolled out across the following Australian based ships:

Sun Princess® - available now

Dawn Princess® - available now

Sea Princess® - available 12 July 2015

The package will also be available onboard Diamond Princess®, Golden Princess® and Emerald Princess® voyages departing from and returning to Australia, 8 nights or longer.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

Does anyone know the average price of beer, cocktails etc on board Princess, I would like to work out whether it was economical to buy the package or stick with what I have currently which is Ultimate Soft Drink for me, coffee card each for my husband and I and bringing our wine on board and paying corkage. This leaves us paying on board for a couple of beers a day for my husband, bottled water for excursions and some spirits after dinner.

I can easily find US prices but I know it will be different in Aussie waters. I did a rough calculation of increasing the US price of a drink by 20% and adding a 15% gratuity which takes cocktails to around $10 each and Beers $8, does this sound about right.

Does anyone know the average price of beer, cocktails etc on board Princess, I would like to work out whether it was economical to buy the package or stick with what I have currently which is Ultimate Soft Drink for me, coffee card each for my husband and I and bringing our wine on board and paying corkage. This leaves us paying on board for a couple of beers a day for my husband, bottled water for excursions and some spirits after dinner.

I can easily find US prices but I know it will be different in Aussie waters. I did a rough calculation of increasing the US price of a drink by 20% and adding a 15% gratuity which takes cocktails to around $10 each and Beers $8, does this sound about right.

Cocktails were up to $13.95 on Sun at Christmas. Wine was very reasonably priced, I thought. $6-8 by the glass. By the bottle there was a small selection under $30, a good selection under $40, another good selection under $50, and plenty upwards from there. They were cheaper than Sydney restaurant prices in the main. I can't remember what the other prices were.

I have a vague recollection that there wasn't a great selection of wines by the glass though.

I'm cruising on Dawn in August so I shall take notes and pictures and report back as soon as I can. Assuming I'm sober enough :D :eek:

I believe it will also be that everyone in the cabin has to purchase the deal, meaning all adults that is. Just depends on how much you drink. With only being allowed one bottle of wine per adult to be bought onto the ship I think it would be worth it as we usually drink those 2 bottles in the first 2 days🍸🍹🍷😀

I believe it will also be that everyone in the cabin has to purchase the deal, meaning all adults that is. Just depends on how much you drink. With only being allowed one bottle of wine per adult to be bought onto the ship I think it would be worth it as we usually drink those 2 bottles in the first 2 days🍸🍹🍷😀

Not sure if that will be the case, stefwano. That would be discrimination against couples where only one drinks alcohol.

For us the decider will be the quality and variety of wines by the glass. If they don't suit our tastes we won't be getting the package as the package price for two plus paying 60% of the per bottle price most nights would not be economical.

However if there is a reasonable selection of wines by the glass we might take the package and just treat ourselves to one or two extra-special bottles of wine during our 17 night cruise.

Hi OzKiwiJJ

Will definitely keep an eye out for your post with pricing and details of the package to also see in your opinion whether it's worth it or not. I was just reading something on the Internet, not sure which sight though now, but listed that as of May 2015 Princess were no longer making it compulsory for all adults in a cabin to purchase the package. I could see how this would have swayed a few people away if you had a partner that didn't drink that much.

I just did some calculations after someone posted some recent Princess drinks lists on FB.

Even with buying a moderate-priced bottle of wine each night along with the package for other drinks it works out cheaper than RCI's Ultimate package. :D

I based the wine calculations on the average cost of the wines we drank on Sun at Christmas, $48 per bottle, and we didn't stint ourselves on quality. It could be done even cheaper as there was a good range of wines under $40.

Thanks OzKiwiJJ for your prices in your previous post. Doing some rough sums it will be worth it to us for our South Pacific trip as my husband drinks more beer than wine in that region, I can drink a nice cocktail instead of a wine and we will take a few bottles of good wine on board for our Anniversary dinner (where ever we decide to have it) and in cabin consumption.

You start adding up a bottled water, coffees and OJ in the morning, beers and mocktails at lunch, cocktails and mixed drinks in the afternoon, a couple of glasses of something with dinner, post dinner drink and you exceed the $59 easily. Goodness I am starting to slur my words already, I really am not that much of a drinker but it seems to get away with you on a cruise :D

Seeming Princess are starting this I hope it rolls out across the other Carnival owned lines, eg P&O, Carnival and HAL.

Thanks for all the info and prices. Super handy ...and I am also thinking this could be a great new add on to our forthcoming Princess cruise. Very excited. Great to have to drinks prices- thanks to all those that posted ..I must do a bit of calculating. Although as crazy as it sounds for me anyway there is also a value in having it pre-paid I like that concept of not having to worry about a bill at the end or trying to keep a bit of a tally as we go along. We're not huge drinkers but I do love the convenience ...and a cocktail or two on holidays :p

With only being allowed one bottle of wine per adult to be bought onto the ship I think it would be worth it as we usually drink those 2 bottles in the first 2 days🍸🍹🍷😀

That's not quite correct. You can bring as much wine as you want onboard. It's just that you pay $15 corkage on all but the 1 bottle each.

In my cruise personalizer it shows only two bottles of red wine available for pre-purchase. One is a Robert Oatley Signature series Cab Sav at $49.50. Dan Murphy's price $18. I wonder what the quality of the sub $40 wines are onboard.

Most of the wines we drank on Sun were over $40 as we were enjoying some of the European wines that they had, especially Italian and French wines as they are usually very expensive at restaurants here.

I saw a drinks list posted on FB recently are there are quite a number of Australian and US wines under $40, they looked OK.

Seems that Princess has updated the information on the personalisers and the AIP is not available on Aus based ships. I had DH quite excited about the possibility.

All-Inclusive Beverage Package

Package is not currently offered on Dawn, Sea and Sun Princess or Diamond, Emerald or Golden Princess voyages departing from and returning to Australia and New Zealand. Item #0525

$56.35

per person/per day

Edited by Kinkacruiser