All Inclusive drink packages-Golden Princess

I noticed last night that Princess' website now includes an Australian AIBP, with Aussie prices.

From the website.

All-Inclusive Beverage Package - Australia

On select Australia voyages; the All-Inclusive Beverage Package is only available on voyages 8 nights and longer. Enjoy the convenience of our All-inclusive Package featuring any drink up to $14 AUD including cocktails, wine, beer, bottled water, sodas, specialty coffees & more! A 40% discount on bottles of wine (below $100 AUD retail) is also offered on bottles purchased in bars, dining rooms or specialty restaurants. Excludes in-room services, souvenir, mini-bar and vending machine items. Terms and conditions may apply.Item #2419$59.00 AUD

per person/

per day

Good to see it's official on the website now.

For the Kiwi's the AIBP is NZD $70.80

Has anyone heard that the AIBP can be purchased on a DAILY basis? Sounds too good to be true (and it's probably just hearsay). That would be a good plan for longer cruises.

I am the one that posted it on a different thread and I agree it sounds unbelievable but she was insistent maybe she just got excited when told the drinks package was being rolled out on Aust cruises and didn't hear correctly. I will have verification one way or the other whenI see then this weekend after they return home from the cruise they are on now.

Has anyone heard that the AIBP can be purchased on a DAILY basis? Sounds too good to be true (and it's probably just hearsay). That would be a good plan for longer cruises.

I am the one that posted it on a different thread and I agree it sounds unbelievable but she was insistent maybe she just got excited when told the drinks package was being rolled out on Aust cruises and didn't hear correctly. I will have verification one way or the other whenI see then this weekend after they return home from the cruise they are on now.

What did I miss.....is the rumour mill is saying you can buy the AIBP on Princess cruises instead of for the whole cruise? That would be brilliant!

What did I miss.....is the rumour mill is saying you can buy the AIBP on Princess cruises instead of for the whole cruise? That would be brilliant!

That's the rumour, but personally don't believe it and I hope it's wrong.

Can you even begin to imagine the binge drinking on the day some took the package?

That's the rumour, but personally don't believe it and I hope it's wrong.

Can you even begin to imagine the binge drinking on the day some took the package?

Oops sorry about my previous post i left the word daily out...well done in the translation lol

and ugh good point icky to be around that sort of vibe ...but i was thinking it would be nice not to pay on the port days or if you have a tired day etc

Edited by to_dee

Look forward to your post, stingau. Agree with GUT2407 re overindulging (if the package was offered to buy on a daily basis). Princess won't do anything to lose money.

Edited by Kinkacruiser

• 3 weeks later...

I was a bit surprised to see the price of the AIDP for our 2017 cruise booking on the Golden Princess...$76.07 per day ...ouch! I very much doubt we'll be buying the package for the 35 day Hawaii-Tahiti cruise unless Princess offers a half cruise option.

You can also pre-purchase the above online. For our 2016 Sun and Emerald Princess cruises, there is no online purchase option for the package, so I suppose you can only purchase on board.

Does anyone know the current price of the package (incl tips and GST)?

It was $59 on Dawn Princess in August, bought onboard.

Is your 2017 Golden cruise an Aussie-based one? Edit - just noticed you've said it was the Hawaii/Tahiti one. Maybe they are hedging their bets with the online price, converting it from the USD price, which I think is around US $56. In fact it could possibly be a bug in their website, picking up the US price and converting it rather than using the flat AU price.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

It was $59 on Dawn Princess in August, bought onboard.

Is your 2017 Golden cruise an Aussie-based one? Edit - just noticed you've said it was the Hawaii/Tahiti one. Maybe they are hedging their bets with the online price, converting it from the USD price, which I think is around US $56. In fact it could possibly be a bug in their website, picking up the US price and converting it rather than using the flat AU price.

Yes, that's the one. I would expect a small price rise but not $A17. I will keep a check on that price..hopefully it's a glitch. Thanks OzKiwiJJ.

Anna, just checked my cruise personaliser for future booked cruises, and the drink package,

Dawn Princess $73.75

Emerald Princess $76.07

Golden Princess $76.07

Wait till you get onboard, as OZKiwi said it is cheaper. I think the price showing is the converted USD.

We have found with Princess, we take soft drink, our two bottles of wine, buy a wine package and coffee card and with our free mini bar setup we wouldn't purchase a package, not for 35 nights anyway:eek: (forgot the $5 Elite Platinum Suite drinks in Skywalkers)

We put a FCC on the Golden Hawaii/Tahiti too. Last time we did it on the dawn Princess but got off in Honolulu.

I see you will be getting on the Emerald when we get off in November 2016, tagteam:p

Chez

Edited by cheznandy

Anna, just checked my cruise personaliser for future booked cruises, and the drink package,

Dawn Princess $73.75

Emerald Princess $76.07

Golden Princess $76.07

Wait till you get onboard, as OZKiwi said it is cheaper. I think the price showing is the converted USD.

We have found with Princess, we take soft drink, our two bottles of wine, buy a wine package and coffee card and with our free mini bar setup we wouldn't purchase a package, not for 35 nights anyway:eek: (forgot the $5 Elite Platinum Suite drinks in Skywalkers)

We put a FCC on the Golden Hawaii/Tahiti too. Last time we did it on the dawn Princess but got off in Honolulu.

I see you will be getting on the Emerald when we get off in November 2016, tagteam:p

Chez

Thanks Chez. That AU 76.07 equates to around US 59. Surely nobody would spend that amount drinking for 35 days straight. Even if you bought a half bottle of spirit each day, you'd be better off.

It would be nice to meet up with you one day :)

Thanks Chez. That AU 76.07 equates to around US 59. Surely nobody would spend that amount drinking for 35 days straight. Even if you bought a half bottle of spirit each day, you'd be better off.

On average we broke even, at AU $59, after 13 days of our 17 day cruise on Dawn Princess and we didn't feel we were drinking too much. Remember the package covers everything, not just alcoholic drinks.

• 1 month later...