All Inclusive drink packages-Golden Princess

Seems that Princess has updated the information on the personalisers and the AIP is not available on Aus based ships. I had DH quite excited about the possibility.

All-Inclusive Beverage Package

Take advantage of our All-Inclusive Beverage Package which includes any individual beverage item, such as soda, water, cocktails, spirits, wines, beers, coffee and tea, up to $10 (retail value). Bottles of wine are NOT included in the package; however, when purchased in the bars, dining rooms, or in the stateroom, will be available at a 40% discount from the menu price. Applicable to all bottles below $100 retail. Note: This package is available for consumption at all bars, public areas and dining venues (not room service and excludes mini bar items).

Package is not currently offered on Dawn, Sea and Sun Princess or Diamond, Emerald or Golden Princess voyages departing from and returning to Australia and New Zealand. Item #0525

$56.35

per person/per day

Sorry guys. I stand corrected. This was on the Princess board this morning...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2233666

Sorry guys. I stand corrected. This was on the Princess board this morning...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2233666

Princess still haven't updated the Personalizer to include it, however it will be available from all bars and waiters onboard.

And the price limit for drinks is $14 on the Aussie ships. :D

This just popped up on FB.

"In regards to the post added last week "For only AU$59 per person, per day for voyages 8 nights or longer, you can enjoy the convenience of the all-inclusive beverage package. The package covers drinks up to the value of AU$14." I have just received an answer via email from Princess Cruises - "The all-inclusive drinks package is available on all Princess ships, however if you're sailing on Sea, Sun, Dawn, Diamond, Emerald or Golden Princess then this can only be purchased onboard at this stage.

If you're sailing on any of our other ships then this is available to be pre-purchased or added onboard."

So don't panic if you can't see it in the Personalizer. ;) :D

"In regards to the post added last week "For only AU$59 per person, per day for voyages 8 nights or longer, you can enjoy the convenience of the all-inclusive beverage package. The package covers drinks up to the value of AU$14." I have just received an answer via email from Princess Cruises - "The all-inclusive drinks package is available on all Princess ships, however if you're sailing on Sea, Sun, Dawn, Diamond, Emerald or Golden Princess then this can only be purchased onboard at this stage.

If you're sailing on any of our other ships then this is available to be pre-purchased or added onboard."

Thanks JJ

Any idea if the $59 includes the 15% tip?

Would I be right in assuming that no other cruise line has packages similar to the Celebrity 123 go which is a "free" add on to the cost of the cruise

From what I can see it is very like the Premium Package, not the Classic which during certain promotions is offered as part of the fare. You need to factor in quite a few options these days when deciding which cruise company you take. Celebrity add on $16+ per day gratuities pp, plus their port fees aren't included in the advertised price you see first, and any on board spending you have to convert to USD. So you need to add up all the costs to see which is the best for you.

Also I don't necessarily travel for cruise company alone, Celebrity seem limited in their Australian cruise offerings, so that plays a role in what is chosen, even if the overall cost is a bit more.

hi, we are on the sun princess on the 6/9/15. I rang them up and was told it is $67-85 a day you cannot pay before you tell bar staff you want it then it will be put on your account drinks up to $14. maurice

hi, we are on the sun princess on the 6/9/15. I rang them up and was told it is $67-85 a day you cannot pay before, you tell bar staff you want it then it will be put on your account drinks up to $14. maurice

hi, we are on the sun princess on the 6/9/15. I rang them up and was told it is $67-85 a day you cannot pay before, you tell bar staff you want it then it will be put on your account drinks up to $14. maurice

Just checked with Princess who confirmed the package will be available for my October cruise and confirmed that the price is approximately $59 per person per day. She advised there might be a very slight fluctuation of around $2 - why she couldn't say and that you can definitely only buy it once on board, no pre purchase.

I called Princess yesterday for another matter (to refare an existing booking)

I enquired about the package, she told me it was $59AUD + 15%

Can only be booked onboard for the Princess ships that sail here.

I guess we will have to wait till someone cruises and uses it to get the real price:p

Chez

I called Princess yesterday for another matter (to refare an existing booking)

I enquired about the package, she told me it was $59AUD + 15%

Can only be booked onboard for the Princess ships that sail here.

I guess we will have to wait till someone cruises and uses it to get the real price:p

Chez

Does the Princess phone number go through to an international call centre?

If so, they may not realise that Aussie prices do not have extra gratuities added to them. The price quoted is what you pay.

Does the Princess phone number go through to an international call centre?

If so, they may not realise that Aussie prices do not have extra gratuities added to them. The price quoted is what you pay.

No, Aussie call centre. I have only ever been put through to USA once when the OZ call centre was busy.

She said it will be $67.85, charged onboard.

I have to call again tomorrow, so will ask again.......I might get a different answer!!

Chez

No, Aussie call centre. I have only ever been put through to USA once when the OZ call centre was busy.

She said it will be $67.85, charged onboard.

I have to call again tomorrow, so will ask again.......I might get a different answer!!

Chez

I think I'd better print out a copy of that flyer then. There is no fine print on that saying 15% extra, so if $59 is the price advertised in Australia then they are obliged to honour that price.

PrincessDrinksPackage_zps2ilof7ql.jpg

In case you can't read it, the fine print at the bottom says:

*Package does not include beverages above $14, souvenir items, mini-bar items, in-room service or vending machine items. The package must be purchased for the full duration of the cruise, partial packages are not available.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

I hope it is a mistake about having them added then.

Have the Australian Princess ships ever quoted prices then added grats? Certainly on Sun last Christmas all the prices - drinks, excursions, speciality restauranst, were all price as quoted.