Cruise recommendations?

I am planning a Dec/ Jan South Pacific cruise with a family focus as a special treat for my daughters birthday/ xmas present and graduation to high school. I have looked at a few different lines and I have had friends that have glowing reviews of both Carnival and Royal Caribbean, but I have also been looking at the recently refurbished P&O ships and Celebrity X (But I suspect this is more for me than my daughter!).

Does anyone have any thoughts on the best line for families? My daughter can be a bit iffy about kids clubs so I would prefer a line that kids are welcome in most of the ship, but obviously a few adults only areas would be nice too!

I am planning a Dec/ Jan South Pacific cruise with a family focus as a special treat for my daughters birthday/ xmas present and graduation to high school. I have looked at a few different lines and I have had friends that have glowing reviews of both Carnival and Royal Caribbean, but I have also been looking at the recently refurbished P&O ships and Celebrity X (But I suspect this is more for me than my daughter!).

Does anyone have any thoughts on the best line for families? My daughter can be a bit iffy about kids clubs so I would prefer a line that kids are welcome in most of the ship, but obviously a few adults only areas would be nice too!

You mention that your daughter is graduating from High School. I think she is a bit old to enjoy the kids' club. Royal Caribbean have features that would appeal to young adults of your daughter's age.

We have done 4 Carnival cruises and all my kids had a great time on all of them, there main focus is family cruising, they do it better than P & O, haven't sailed RCI or Celebrity so can't comment on them.

You mention that your daughter is graduating from High School. I think she is a bit old to enjoy the kids' club. Royal Caribbean have features that would appeal to young adults of your daughter's age.

She is in primary school, about to graduate to high school, but still not a fan of kids clubs

My son enjoyed Carnival Spirit and Pacific Jewel. My partner and I did a cruise on Pacific Eden without him and I was kind of glad that was the one he missed. It was a smaller ship and didn't seem to have as much to amuse the younger passengers. That said, he is a big mixer and goes off to kid's club quite happily. In fact if I didn't insist he eat with us we would not see him at all.

We did a family pre Christmas cruise in early December last year, group of 14, grandparents to 2 year old.

We cruised on Voyager of the Seas.

We had our bookings linked and RCI had a table in the MDR set for 14 ready for us.

Kids particularly loved the ice skating and show (several times), 3D movies, kids club and cupcake kitchen (cost).

The Christmas theme, activities and MDR shows by the staff were all great.