HAL Waiter Arrested for Sex With Passenger Who Is A Minor

cbr663

A 26-year old waiter on the Veendam was arrested on Thursday for alleging having sex with a 15-year old passenger. Florida detectives have interviewed the waiter and he has confessed to the act.

More can be found at this link: http://www.local10.com/news/crime/cruise-ship-waiter-arrested-for-getting-oral-sex-from-teen-deputies-say

It is a reminder that we must be vigilant when travelling on cruise ships.

A recent story provided details of a 23 year old female passenger having sex with a 15 year old male passenger on what I believe to be a NCL cruise ship (due to the mention of Great Stirrup Cay): http://montreal.ctvnews.ca/quebec-woman-jailed-in-the-bahamas-on-sexual-assault-charges-against-a-minor-1.3247660

I wonder - what's the age of consent on cruise ships? The article doesn't read like this 15 year old girl was forced.

In many counties the age of consent is 16, 15 or even 14 (Germany, Portugal, Italy to name a few).

Regardless, game over for this guy. Even if she had not been a minor, crew is not allowed to have sex with guests.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm not shocked because bad people are everywhere.

What I am is sad that I have to be reminded of this fact at the expense of a 15 year old girl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"At the expense..." Sounds voluntary, but it is still illegal.

"At the expense..." Sounds voluntary, but it is still illegal.

What I don't get is if it was so voluntary why go tell dad? Why risk his wrath?

It may have been voluntary to meet the crew member and kiss. It may have been voluntary to start the sexual act.. but at what point did the girl decide to go running to dad and why? That could not have been an easy talk to have.

And then the dads reaction.. he wants punishment for the crew member, even at risk of ridicule and embarrassment for his daughter.

I think there is something missing and we don't have the whole story.

Of course every thing I wrote is just pure musing.,

What I don't get is if it was so voluntary why go tell dad? Why risk his wrath?

It may have been voluntary to meet the crew member and kiss. It may have been voluntary to start the sexual act.. but at what point did the girl decide to go running to dad and why? That could not have been an easy talk to have.

And then the dads reaction.. he wants punishment for the crew member, even at risk of ridicule and embarrassment for his daughter.

I think there is something missing and we don't have the whole story.

Of course every thing I wrote is just pure musing.,

15 year olds are not able to consent for a good reason. She may have been willing at the time and realized later she made a mistake and gone to her dad for help. Or the man may have verbally coerced her.

Either way the dad did the right thing. The daughter has nothing to be embarrassed about and by reporting it the dad is keeping other people's kids safe . Who knows who many teens this man may already have had sex with who did not tell their parents.

This is the kind of stuff that always makes me worry about the kids running around without supervision. Most people would never let their children run around town by themselves, yet they let them loose on a ship with 1,500 - 3,000 (and up!) total strangers.