Oceanview Staterooms

Mr Gee

We are thinking of taking our first Azamara Cruise this summer and were looking at the oceanview staterooms.

We were wondering if all of the oceanview staterooms on deck 4 are the same in terms of size, layout and window, or do some have a port hole? Also, are these cabins noisy because of their location under deck 5? Are some locations quieter than others on this deck?

We would be grateful for any information.

Thank you.

We are thinking of taking our first Azamara Cruise this summer and were looking at the oceanview staterooms.

We were wondering if all of the oceanview staterooms on deck 4 are the same in terms of size, layout and window, or do some have a port hole? Also, are these cabins noisy because of their location under deck 5? Are some locations quieter than others on this deck?

We would be grateful for any information.

Thank you.

They all have windows. No portholes. A small number are connecting cabins. I'd avoid those. I like the cat 05s. If the ship is tendering you will hear some noise from the boats being lowered, but I don't find this an issue as I'm usually up and around. The cat 04s are further forward and are under the show lounge. Nearer the front you will hear the anchor chain if it's used. Deck 4 is a very good location as it's handy for Guest Services, Mosaic etc. I've stayed in 4054 a few times and you don't hear anything from the public area outside.

We stayed in 4020 and loved the location. No noise at all and we were always up before they dropped anchor. It had a window and was very comfortable. I wouldn't hesitate to book this again. One tip, avoid connecting cabins as these don't have a sofa.

We were in 4002 this last Xmas cruise on journey.Our first ocean view after 20 balconies and are now converts! Yes we heard the achor but we knew it was going to happen. A couple of times during the day if we were in the cabin we heard the singers rehearsing in the cabaret lounge .I agree with Phil about the overall general convenience and easy access of deck 4 .

We stayed in 4020 and loved the location. No noise at all and we were always up before they dropped anchor. It had a window and was very comfortable. I wouldn't hesitate to book this again. One tip, avoid connecting cabins as these don't have a sofa.

At least one did. We had a loveseat in Quest's 4014 last May/June, connecting to 4012...that had a chair.

Thank you all very much for the information, that is just what we wanted to know. We have had balconies on other ships before and whilst they are very nice to have, we don't really make that much use of them, especially on smaller ships where you can find a quiet spot to sit in the sun.

We won't be in the cabin much when the cabaret lounge is being used so I don't think that will be a problem for us and I'd rather be woken up on a cruise ship by the anchor or tender than my alarm clock at home :)

I have to say that any cabin forward of about 4018 has noise from the anchor chain and thrusters that is enough to wake the dead and if you have a lot of tender ports it can be very disturbing. I am NOT up and about at 5am and that is when the noise can start.

Like Phil, I think the Cat 05's near Guest Services are the best OV's. 4054 is a particular favourite of mine too. :)

I agree that the OV cabins on Deck 4 are great. We were in 4045. However I did not like the 'obstructed view' cabins on Deck 6. For two people they were extremely small, and certainly felt very cramped. We tried to have room service breakfast once but there is absolutely nowhere to put anything. No small table and only one chair. However for a single traveller I think they would be fine.

• 4 weeks later...
At least one did. We had a loveseat in Quest's 4014 last May/June, connecting to 4012...that had a chair.

I'm happy to hear that in this cabin on the Quest that there is a loveseat.

I have this cabin booked on Journey and was thinking about moving.

I have to say that any cabin forward of about 4018 has noise from the anchor chain and thrusters that is enough to wake the dead and if you have a lot of tender ports it can be very disturbing.

Never noticed this in 4014 and I'm not up at 5am.

Never noticed this in 4014 and I'm not up at 5am.

No? Lucky you because we did! Not in 4014 but a bit further forward. Never heard such a dreadful noise in my life. We had a lot of tender ports and the noise was excruciating every time the anchor went down...or the tender boats.

Heike very kindly moved us to a vacant cabin and we vowed never to have a cabin further forward than 4020 again. The category 5 OV's port or starboard location near Guest Services are great though. No noise and such a convenient location for everything. My favourite is 4054 but they are all good in that general area.