Oasis Diamond Lounge question

I understand the DL on the Oasis is on the 11th floor. When I look at the layout online, it shows both the 11th and 12th floors.

My question is if I can access the DL from the 12 floor? Thanks in advance for your responses.

Go Saints!

(my room is on the 12th floor)

Did you ever use the secret door into Enchantments DL? It goes from Port side of VCL and uses that staircase in the middle of the lounge.

Yes, Bucky used to use it just to annoy me. ;)

Was his "short cut" to get down to the bathroom.

No the only entrance is on Deck 11

The one and only time we were on Oasis, that deck 12 was pretty unused. Mostly

the staff used it for storage.

I have heard they are using that level for guests now, since us lowly D+ types

have lost the CL...unless we pop for a GS and above to access the SL. ;)

No that staircase was always blocked off. Never thought to try the door to get up there.

It was just a velvet rope. The staff often used that staircase to replenish the coffee

machine in the morning.

If someone came UP those stairs, they would get a raised eyebrow from staff.

Bucky never used it to go up...just to run down to the bathroom. Still annoying

me anyway. ;)

Edited by island lady

Did you ever use the secret door into Enchantments DL? It goes from Port side of VCL and uses that staircase in the middle of the lounge.

John and LaLa, If i read your upcoming cruises correctly, we are doing a b@b with you in October. Looking forward to it..

That is probably the case. Our first cruise as Diamond was on Oasis and we had 2nd seating dinner. Since we were anxious to go we went as soon as it opened so the place was packed and we ended up going upstairs and the tables there were 90% full. Later in the cruise we decided to show up to the lounge about 5:30 when the 1st seating people were leaving.

That is probably the case. Our first cruise as Diamond was on Oasis and we had 2nd seating dinner. Since we were anxious to go we went as soon as it opened so the place was packed and we ended up going upstairs and the tables there were 90% full. Later in the cruise we decided to show up to the lounge about 5:30 when the 1st seating people were leaving.

Yup, on all the ships we sail on....we call that "magic hour" to go into the DL/CL right at,

or just a little after, 1st seating MDR starts. Can almost always score a couple of seats

then. :)

On one of our last cruises, I would go into the CL to use the computer at 3 pm. There was

a certain group that would come in starting at that time just to score and save a set of seats

at that time already. And cocktail hour did not start until 4:30!! :eek: Sheezzz....

Edited by island lady

John and LaLa, If i read your upcoming cruises correctly, we are doing a b@b with you in October. Looking forward to it..

We'll be there. Always fun to meet new peeps. You might want to check your countdown clock, I think it should say 10/29 ;)

Would it be safe to assume you are an Auburn Tiger?

Just finished Allure cruise where we discovered the DL on deck six just above the promenade has been eliminate and what was the CL on deck 11 is now the DL for Diamond and Diamond Plus, very crowded. So much for being "loyal" and working to get to 'Plus. Very little difference in perks between D and D+

We'll be there. Always fun to meet new peeps. You might want to check your countdown clock, I think it should say 10/29 ;)

Would it be safe to assume you are an Auburn Tiger?

I will check it, thank you.. Things have been crazy here, and at our property in South Carolina.. Still cleaning up after Matthew.. Maybe the house will be livable again soon.. :(

No, Sorry, we are not Auburn Tiger Fans. However, if you want some apparel, I can hook you up.. We are from South Carolina, and our heart is with our Alma Mater University of South Carolina...

Just wanted to say on our 9/10/16 sailing on Oasis, the hors d'oeuvres were delicious! They has some really good ones. scallops wrapped in bacon, mini crab cakes, chocolate covered strawberries, rice krispie treats, and much more. One night, we just ate there for our dinner! :D :D

Hi Island Lady. Barbara and Tom your cocoa beach friends. Don't remember which cruise. Sorry you will not be on Oasis Inaugural cruise.Kathy and Bill on it too.

I will check it, thank you.. Things have been crazy here, and at our property in South Carolina.. Still cleaning up after Matthew.. Maybe the house will be livable again soon.. :(

No, Sorry, we are not Auburn Tiger Fans. However, if you want some apparel, I can hook you up.. We are from South Carolina, and our heart is with our Alma Mater University of South Carolina...

Laura and Bella are Bulldog fans. I'm a MIZZOU grad. Actually laura is a Missouri grad as well, but only for grad school. Our son went to Georgia

Hi Island Lady. Barbara and Tom your cocoa beach friends. Don't remember which cruise. Sorry you will not be on Oasis Inaugural cruise.Kathy and Bill on it too.

Well hello back 'atcha!! Good to hear from you! :)

Nope, we are doing our annual month long stint in the Florida Keys,

"cruising" on shoreline at anchor in the "Land Yacht". ;)

Wish we could join you, but we are scheduled for the 1/22/17 Oasis

cruise out of PC. Will dearly miss the old set up on Oasis with the

nice warm breakfast and lunch (with beer/wine!) in the CL. Things

have changed, and now they have the SL....but for gold colored

cards only of course.

BTW: I saw your pending friend request...but I am not on facebook.

Sorry about that. :(

Edited by island lady

Well hello back 'atcha!! Good to hear from you! :)

Nope, we are doing our annual month long stint in the Florida Keys,

"cruising" on shoreline at anchor in the "Land Yacht". ;)

Wish we could join you, but we are scheduled for the 1/22/17 Oasis

cruise out of PC. Will dearly miss the old set up on Oasis with the

nice warm breakfast and lunch (with beer/wine!) in the CL. Things

have changed, and now they have the SL....but for gold colored

cards only of course.

BTW: I saw your pending friend request...but I am not on facebook.

Sorry about that. :(

Enjoy the Keys. I have been reading we are not allowed in CL. Will miss the espresso machinge.