Questions about Grandeur of the Seas

1. on a 9 night cruise I know there is 2 formal nights but not sure what type of attire to wear other nights. Are the other 7 casual or is some smart casual and a some casual?

2. Is there a location to store your carry-ons after embarkation but before the staterooms are available or do we keep them with us?

The other 7 nights are a mix of casual and smart casual. It was not easy to tell the two apart. The only really different nights are the two formal nights. Shorts and tank tops are never allowed in the MDR. Pretty much anything goes in the Windjammer except bathing suits and bare feet.

There is a place you can drop off your carryon luggage until your rooms are ready. Just ask at the customer service desk and they will tell where it is. We were on the Grandeur this last August and I remember someone asking me if we would like to check our carry on luggage but can not remember where it was since we did not use the service.

The other 7 nights are a mix of casual and smart casual. It was not easy to tell the two apart. The only really different nights are the two formal nights. Shorts and tank tops are never allowed in the MDR. Pretty much anything goes in the Windjammer except bathing suits and bare feet.

There is a place you can drop off your carryon luggage until your rooms are ready. Just ask at the customer service desk and they will tell where it is. We were on the Grandeur this last August and I remember someone asking me if we would like to check our carry on luggage but can not remember where it was since we did not use the service.

Thank you flowers44 :)

We just got off from Grandeur on 13 October. On embarkation day, you could check your carryon in the South Pacific Lounge (Deck 6) behind the Schooner Bar. We didn't use it. They did ask that you retrieve your bags by 1 pm when the rooms open up. They did call for a couple of passengers to come collect their bags...:)

BTW, every (good) thing you've read about Grandeur is true...lovely, friendly "little" ship :)

We just got off from Grandeur on 13 October. On embarkation day, you could check your carryon in the South Pacific Lounge (Deck 6) behind the Schooner Bar. We didn't use it. They did ask that you retrieve your bags by 1 pm when the rooms open up. They did call for a couple of passengers to come collect their bags...:)

BTW, every (good) thing you've read about Grandeur is true...lovely, friendly "little" ship :)

Good to know. We were approached by an RCI staffer in a stateroom area, offering to store our carry on bags but we also declined because we didn't want to part with cameras, etc.

Glad to hear Grandeur has another fan! :)

I posted elsewhere with no response, so I'll try here:

For those of you who have sailed on the Grandeur recently, do you have any MDR/other menus or Cruise Compasses you can share? If they were posted, I missed them. We'll be sailing a 12 night from Baltimore on the Grandeur for the first time in a few weeks. Thanks in advance

I posted elsewhere with no response, so I'll try here:

For those of you who have sailed on the Grandeur recently, do you have any MDR/other menus or Cruise Compasses you can share? If they were posted, I missed them. We'll be sailing a 12 night from Baltimore on the Grandeur for the first time in a few weeks. Thanks in advance

We're boarding in 1 week!! Can anyone post any of the Compasses? PLEASE!!!

• 1 month later...
Any Zumba or Latin dance classes

From 12/10 12-day cruise: One of the cruise staff (forget her name, sorry) is a certified Zumba instructor and ran classes daily on the at sea days. Kelly (also on cruise staff) ran a more traditional aerobics class. Both in Centrum. Kelly has a dance background and was the instructor for the "ballroom" classes - she had sessions on fox trot, waltz, cha cha, rumba, bachatta (unusual in my experience), merengue, and 3-count hustle. Some at sea days had 2 classes. There were also some line dance classes.

The pool deck band plays a lot of callypso style tunes and latin-like rhythms. The Real Time band does a mix of ballroom and more latin-like styles. Almost always in Centrum - South Pacific is underused for dancing (gripe 1 of 2). DJ did one Latin theme night, but 5 sambas/salsas in a row at increasing tempos drove even the hard-core from the Viking Crown floor (gripe 2 of 2). Wife & I got in more dancing than I think we've had previously on GoS, and met about 9-10 other dance couples this time. Coincidence - 1 were the instructors on our March 2016 7-day cruise, and another are booked as the instructors on another ship this summer.