TeamTrom’s Vacation Review: Oasis of the Seas (10.29.16) plus More

TeamTrom

Oasis_zpsqrbbbff7.jpg

Cruise Details: Itinerary and some backstory

Soooooo let's get this thing started by saying my name is Sean and I have the privilege of taking a vacation with Royal Caribbean aboard the Oasis of the Seas for a Western Caribbean Cruise on October 29th, 2016. Now like most of you reading this, I AM OBSESSED with cruising! The infatuation is in itself mind boggling. My wife and dad both think I am crazy because I eat, sleep and dream about my trip before and after, making it span out over several months which is in large part why I like it so much. It almost feels like I have been on a vacation this whole time through all the reviews I have read and videos I have watched. Which brings me to my motivation behind this whole thing in the first place. I want to help, you and anyone else who is craving just ONE MORE REVIEW about a cruise or a ship or a port or whatever it is at this very moment that you need. So go ahead, for the time being call me your Vacation Anticipation Counselor. I’m going to be here for you and while I hope it fulfills your desires for the moment. I know that it will help me with reliving what I anticipate will be one of the best weeks of my life… hahahaha… no really… ;) Now as you have probably read in the title this will be my Vacation Review and not just my review of Lady O! I am a fan of reading other reviewers Pre and Post Cruise details/fun and that works perfectly in this case because my vacation will span over 2 entire weeks so I hope that’s the kind of thing you like! Before I get my review started I have backstory and some additional stuff, if that’s not your cup of tea then wait about a week and just skip on to the “Good Stuff”.

So for a little information, that I trust by now you already know, but just in case it has slipped your mind, the Oasis of the Seas is the LARGEST CRUISE SHIP out (Third technically to both of her sister ships, the Allure and Harmony of the seas are apparently a few inches longer but I haven’t measured them myself so who really knows). This Cruise sets sail from Ft Lauderdale, Florida and has a somewhat unique Itinerary, first by being a 6 nights voyage as opposed to the normal 7 nights which is kind of disappointing but we will make the best of it, and secondly being that it visits Nassau, Bahamas and both Costa Maya and Cozumel, Mexico.

Itinerary_zpsvllmzi0c.jpg

Cozumel is a staple of Western Itineraries but where you normally have Haiti and Jamaica in some capacity we are going to visit Nassau and Costa Maya instead most likely due to the time constraints of it being slightly shorter. To top it all off this is the final cruise that Lady Oasis will be calling Port Everglades home since she will be traveling north to stay at Port Canaveral to make room for the Harmony of the Seas and that is pretty cool in itself.

Edited by TeamTrom

So now that you know the What, Where and When, how about we get to know the Who…My name is Sean (Top Center/27), but we already went over that one, my wife is Stacey (Bottom Center/28), my father is Tony (Top Right/51) and his girlfriend is Kristie (Bottom Right/46). My Grandparents are to the left of us and they will be involved a little as well but we will get to that later.

3.0%20Family%20Picture_zpsfhltljhr.jpg

This will be Wifey’s and my 4th cruise, as you can see in my signature, and my dad and Kristie’s second as they joined us on our most previous trip on Carnival Pride. There will be some mentioning/comparisons between my previous trips (RCI to Carnival, Freedom/Enchantment to Oasis) but to be honest it has been so long and I didn’t take any notes so there won’t be much.

But there you have it, you have the rundown and this is your invitation to join me and my family on our Oasis vacation. RSVP soon and don’t forget to comment with your beverage of choice, maybe just for you I will try to have one of each kind ;)

4.0%20All-Aboard_zpsezfyxnk4.jpg

We're going on Oasis in March and I'm so into planning!! Will follow every word! Will you check to see if they are offering coffee cards on board, that are good at Starbucks. They were offering them a few weeks ago, and then said it was a trail. Boooooo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

[emoji108] Let's do this...

I completely agree, lets get this party started! Woo Hoo!

Woohoo! Looking forward to meeting y'all. We will have a blast!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Absolutely looking forward to meeting you as well! A great time, that is for sure!

I also love to plan and prepare for any vacation. I am glad that I am not the only one. We will be traveling on the Oasis in April. I can't wait to follow your story. I hope you have a great trip. :D

I have yet to set foot on Lady O but I am sure you will love your trip this coming spring! I am excited to share my story with you all. Thanks a lot, I know it will be a great time!!!

I'm very much looking forward to your review. I like your writing style!

I'm looking forward to you following along! Thanks for the compliment! Hope I can keep you interested!

We're going on Oasis in March and I'm so into planning!! Will follow every word! Will you check to see if they are offering coffee cards on board, that are good at Starbucks. They were offering them a few weeks ago, and then said it was a trail. Boooooo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am kind of jealous, I want to be going on her again in March :D I will go in with the best intentions to get your question answered!

Looking forward to your review. Enjoy your vacation.

Very much appreciated!

Looking forward to cruising along with you. My family will be going on the Oasis for the first time next year, so I'm reading and learning everything I can. Thanks for taking us along, and have a margarita for me please!!!

Edited by Bettyboop66

Looks like fun...

Oh it will definitely be fun!!! No doubt

Sailing on the Oasis in April and am subscribing, thank you!

Sent from my Macberry Seven using Forums

I Remember being 6 months out from going on Oasis, right now it feels like it may never be here but hopefully I can help pass the time just a bit :p

Looking forward to your review.

We are on the 6 day Allure cruise in January with the same itinerary. I'm thinking that the second formal night will be night 5 but if you could confirm that would be great.

Have a great cruise.:)

Thanks for tagging along. You will definitely know when our 2nd formal night is by the end of it. We have been talking about it amongst ourselves on our roll call because we could make a case for both night 5 or 6 and no one seems to have the answer so we just settled for finding out on board. Hope yours will be the same day!

Looking forward to cruising along with you. My family will be going on the Oasis for the first time next year, so I'm reading and learning everything I can. Thanks for taking us along, and have a margarita for me please!!!

A Margarita It is, I will make that happen. Lets all have a blast!:)

Let's get a little bit of a background story going, I want to milk this for all its worth, you know what I mean?! My wife and I have been married 8 years and prior to ever meeting me she had been on a few cruises through her childhood with her mother, she's not sure exactly how many so we will just go with a few. Well to say the least I am a little bit of a scaredy cat when it comes to leaving the country so it took a few years for her to convince me to go on a cruise at all, “it's safe” she says and “it's kind of like you're not even leaving the country”. Well I think you can all figure out by now that I am very thankful for her convincing lol.

5.0%20Enchantment_zps5qpmqmc8.jpg

In May of 2012 we finally decided to give it a try, we booked the Enchantment of the Seas out of Baltimore (picture is of us on EOTS), it was a nice and easy trip because that's where she calls home, we drive down, her family drops us (and her mother and grandmother) off at the port. We basically have the time of our lives. To me the boat was incredible (little did I know), the service was the best I have ever had and it was the first time I came home from any type of vacation and I didn't feel like I needed a vacation just to unwind. Opps, I am getting off topic, wrong cruise lol. We decided basically immediately that the cruising life is the life for us and although we are not the most financially well off couple we needed to try and make it an annual affair to go each year… And we did, that was until two years ago when we find out we were pregnant, well not we, she, but we…. well you get the idea. We knew we couldn't afford a vacation that year so we decided to put off a year with intentions to start back up the following. It will have been 978 days between stepping off Carnival Pride and walking through the doors to the Royal Promenade on Oasis of the Seas. A little longer than expected and I’ve really noticed, that’s for sure. I'm itching to get back on board, I just cannot wait. And soon you will be going with us! You’re Welcome!

Thanks for tagging along. You will definitely know when our 2nd formal night is by the end of it. We have been talking about it amongst ourselves on our roll call because we could make a case for both night 5 or 6 and no one seems to have the answer so we just settled for finding out on board. Hope yours will be the same day!

A Margarita It is, I will make that happen. Lets all have a blast!:)

Hi TeamTrom;

Royal never does Formal on the last night. It will be the second and the 5th after leaving cozumel.This is primarly because most packing is done earlier on last day . They had changed the menu earlier in the summer and revised to a new one a couple weeks ago. Also they will probably do their 7th night menu on day six . Bob

We will also be taking the Oasis on the 29th. I posted a 12 minute picture show of the Oasis if you have seen it. Just click on link and enlarge to full scene and enjoy. Bob

I have seen it previously but I am appreciative of you posting it because I enjoyed watching it again. Maybe we will cross each others paths while on vacation!!!

Hi TeamTrom;

Royal never does Formal on the last night. It will be the second and the 5th after leaving cozumel.This is primarly because most packing is done earlier on last day . They had changed the menu earlier in the summer and revised to a new one a couple weeks ago. Also they will probably do their 7th night menu on day six . Bob

Great information, I am looking forward to their new menu. I have heard plenty of good and bad about it but looking forward to finding the good :) Looks like day 5 it is, that is when we were expecting it we just had many people who were not confident in that because there was a sea day on day 6 and port day on day 5. Thanks again.