WOWBands

Most recently, the WOW bands on the Anthem were @ $5 a pop. When I sailed on the Anthem last August, I was able to trade my free Quantum one for an Anthem. To me it's a wonderful & useful tool.

• 5 months later...
We are sailing on Anthem in January 2018 in a simple balcony stateroom. What is the cost of WOWbands and how hard is it to get them? Do they work for everything the SeaPass card does?

Wow bands are $5 each, at Guest Services. They do everything that a SeaPass does, except get you on and off the ship.

Is there any advantage to these WOW bands over a regular seapass card? I am sailing on Anthem next month.

I think some people consider them more convenient, especially those who don't wear clothes with pockets.

However, I cannot think of anything a WOW band can do that a SeaPass cannot (other than wrap around your wrist).

Just a heads up that on Anthem last week they wouldn't trade in an old wow band. They will add a previous wow band you have to your current account only if the muster station printed on it is the same.

My "E1" wow band from another cruise was useless since my new muster station was "E2".

I was on a B2B and was changing cabins due to booking both on short notice. As it turns out despite being on a different deck, I was in the same muster station. I bought an "E2" wow band on the 1st leg and was able to have it re-coded to my account for the 2nd leg but only because I was in the same "E2" muster station.

Just a heads up that on Anthem last week they wouldn't trade in an old wow band. They will add a previous wow band you have to your current account only if the muster station printed on it is the same.

My "E1" wow band from another cruise was useless since my new muster station was "E2".

I was on a B2B and was changing cabins due to booking both on short notice. As it turns out despite being on a different deck, I was in the same muster station. I bought an "E2" wow band on the 1st leg and was able to have it re-coded to my account for the 2nd leg but only because I was in the same "E2" muster station.

Unfortunate, first report I've seen of them refusing to re-use a WOW band.