What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

So excited for you - have a feeling though he will figure it out when you go to your special check-in area bypassing 4500 other cruisers all trying to get on the ship at once.

Give him a kiss on the cheek and tell him to enjoy - I surprised my DH for our 10 year anniversary with a aft suite upgrade and we have not looked back yet. It's worth every penny - and I am sure he will love every minute.

Congratulations to you both!

Amy

My sailing isn't until November so I guess I have a long time to wait for the potential upsell email (I HATE waiting...:o). But I booked through Expedia; does anyone know if this is one of the travel agencies that offers the upsell program?

My sailing isn't until November so I guess I have a long time to wait for the potential upsell email (I HATE waiting...:o). But I booked through Expedia; does anyone know if this is one of the travel agencies that offers the upsell program?

Yes, they participate in the bid process.

So excited for you - have a feeling though he will figure it out when you go to your special check-in area bypassing 4500 other cruisers all trying to get on the ship at once.

Give him a kiss on the cheek and tell him to enjoy - I surprised my DH for our 10 year anniversary with a aft suite upgrade and we have not looked back yet. It's worth every penny - and I am sure he will love every minute.

Congratulations to you both!

Amy

Thanks....so excited!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I booked a 40 day cruise for February 2018, Sydney to Tokyo on Jewel. It was booked as 40 days but was also sold as 3 separate shorter cruises. I booked through Interval International (timeshare exchange company). Will be interesting to see if I am able to bid for an upgrade. Currently in a mini suite on deck 11.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Forums mobile app

Looks like they are getting the upgrades done faster. I am on the Jewel not sailing until 06/24. We just got upgraded from Inside to a Porthole. My bid was the on the midrange of the Fair gauge.

That's exciting!!! I'm literally stalking my email but I don't leave until July! Congrats on the upgrade!

Wow yes that is! It seems like Haven winning bids are going close to sail date. Have fun on your cruise!!!

Makes me think that I could have gotten away with a lower bid (bid on the low end of "fair.") But, it was a big savings over what we would have had to pay outright.

Makes me think that I could have gotten away with a lower bid (bid on the low end of "fair.") But, it was a big savings over what we would have had to pay outright.

As long as you're saving! [emoji846] That's what makes it worth it!

Im in a handicap mini suite on the escape in dec 9-16, is it possible for me to be able to bid on a handicap haven, if so how do i do that ? :confused:

Probably not... there's no specification other than haven cabin, and no freeform field.

Check to see which Haven cabins types even HAVE an accessible option--I have only seen one H5 marked as such.

Maybe, maybe not.

Somebody else could have easily bid with a $$ amount $10 less than you. Or even $1 less. And, you BEAT them out of the upgrade.

Who knows?

Has anybody been able to upgrade more than once on the same sailing? They accepted my "poor" bid for a balcony but not my higher bid for a mini suite. Would still like to move up again if that is possible.

If I'm not mistaken, once they accept your bid, that's it, you're in the new room. No other chance to bid and can't go back to original room. They've already charged your card and changed the room on your booking.

I received my email notification that NCL has accepted my offer for June 11 sailing on the Star out of Venice. Went from Balcony to Aft penthouse!

Very Nice! And early too!

I'm on the Star july 17 out of Venice also. How many bids did you put in? Please give a review when you return!