signature suites

kokoko

Do you get priority boarding or priority tendering by having a signature suite? Besides having a larger balcony and room are there any other perks for having a signature suite. also once a gty. room is assigned is there a chance u might still get a upsell or up grade?

No priority, but you do get double Mariner credits and a "telephone concierge" service.

There is always a chance of an upsell or upgrade because of late cancellations. We once got a great upgrade of our gty 3 days before sailing.

Edited by jtl513

I would also like to point out that the Signature Suites are just a little bit larger than a regular Verandah cabin. The difference is about 50 sq. ft. To me, the difference is not significant and IMHO not worth the extra cost. I sure others will differ.

No priority, but you do get double Mariner credits and a "telephone concierge" service.

There is always a chance of an upsell or upgrade because of late cancellations. We once got a great upgrade of our gty 3 days before sailing.

Thanks for your response the credits are appreciated. And I will be checking my emails. Usually so many junk emails I do not look for days now I will. Thanks

I would also like to point out that the Signature Suites are just a little bit larger than a regular Verandah cabin. The difference is about 50 sq. ft. To me, the difference is not significant and IMHO not worth the extra cost. I sure others will differ.

Signatures are actually 50% bigger than a Verandah and a Neptune is twice the size of a Verandah. Actually Signatures are very nice and much more conformable. IMHO We book these cabins quite often, in fact we leave Saturday on the Eurodam in a Signature for 3 weeks, getting pumped!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Signature suites are much larger than verandah cabins. They are our favorite size - just right, particularly if it is a long cruise and you will have more sea days. Neptune of course is best of all, but hard to justify the ticket prices.

We just don't like the overall size of the ships that offer the Signature Suites (Vista and higher), but that makes them even better for us when we have one, because we do spend more time in the cabin itself on those ships.

I think they are the best valued cabin out there if you want to move up to a verandah pricing level. Inside remains the very best value of all.

Edited by OlsSalt

If you like space, Signature Suites are a sweet deal and probably one of the best on the ships that have them.

JTL already pointed out the perks, but the space, separate shower, etc. (Except for the P'dam) really make it very nice.

JMO though ;)

If you like space, Signature Suites are a sweet deal and probably one of the best on the ships that have them.

JTL already pointed out the perks, but the space, separate shower, etc. (Except for the P'dam) really make it very nice.

JMO though ;)

The separate shower is probably the one thing we do not like about Signature Suites, it's like taking a shower in a phone booth thus we shower in the tub!

The separate shower is probably the one thing we do not like about Signature Suites, it's like taking a shower in a phone booth thus we shower in the tub!

Agreed that the shower is too restrictive in space. Apart from that the SS/SY size is quite ideal, and priced within reach, more or less.

The long couch, and two chairs makes it a sitting/living room. It is not comparable to a verandah sized suite at all...

Edited by OceanTraveller4ever

Two sinks in the bath as well, IIRC. Loved the spaciousness of that category, especially the big balcony, on our last Canal cruise. Very comfortable compared to our usual Promenade Deck outside double room (though I do love being on the Promenade, too. Wish there were suites on that deck.)

More like 100 sq ft: 4.5 ft wider than a standard verandah and the same 22 ft long.

I'm sorry, I was thinking of Princess Mini-Suites. On Princess, the mini-suites are the same width as balcony rooms, they are just a little deeper.

As you mentioned the Signature Suites are a wider than Vernadah rooms.

But for us, we have no problem with the regular verandah rooms, and are as happy as clams in them.

For us there is a huge jump in desirability when going from an Ocean View to a Verandah, but just a little jump from a Verandah to a Signature Suite. Just having more room is not worth it for us.

It is not a question of having a little more room. It is a question of having a very long couch, with space for larger coffee table, and two more chairs.

We entertained folks in a SY cabin, and had room to sit 3 couples easily and comfortably.

That is not doable in a veranda suite.

Each is own, but disparaging an SS/SY in favor of a veranda.....is sad

Edited by OceanTraveller4ever

No priority boarding unless in a Neptuneor Pinnacle Suite.

From the HAL site:

SIGNATURE SUITE AMENITIES

New premium duvet, and soft, cotton bathrobes and slippers

New binoculars for use during voyage

Teak-lined private verandah

A variety of firm, medium and soft pillows

No-host mini-bar for easy entertaining

Personalized cruise stationery

One-touch telephone concierge service

Fresh flowers

Umbrellas for your use on the cruise

SIGNATURE TOUCHES IN EVERY STATEROOM

Our signature Mariner’s Dream™ bed featuring a plush Euro-Top mattress and finely woven cotton linens

Daily housekeeping to tidy belongings and keep staterooms immaculate

100% Egyptian cotton towels

Lighted magnifying mirrors; massage showerheads; salon-quality hair dryers

Fragrant soaps, lotions, shampoo and other bath amenities from Elemis Aromapure

Flat-panel TV and DVD player

Complimentary DVD library

Generous storage

Safes for your valuables

Complimentary fresh fruit on request

Complimentary 24-hour In-Room Dining

Nightly turndown service

Complimentary shoeshine service

Complimentary ice service

The shower may be small but it is a Godsend for people like my husband who just can't manage the high sided tubs found on board.

I like the two wash basins as we have two at home and are not used to sharing. It makes for harmonious use of the washroom. :)

JMO though ;)

DITTO WITH Kazu!!!!

If you can swing a Neptune that in itself is

Better!

We enjoy Signature Suites!!!!Snaged a Neptune on our Med cruise in Oct on The Eurodam!!! All I can say is WOW!!

Denise:)

PS we

Got it on a upsale!

I, too, would recommend a signature suite. I think it is the best deal on the ship. The double sinks, wider cabin, and larger balcony are wonderful. If we don't want to spend the money for a NS, the Signature suite is our preference.

This sums it up for me. I love the SS and it's good value for the money.

I, too, would recommend a signature suite. I think it is the best deal on the ship. The double sinks, wider cabin, and larger balcony are wonderful. If we don't want to spend the money for a NS, the Signature suite is our preference.

This sums it up for me. I love the SS and it's good value for the money.

Another vote for Signature Suite ! If you are 4-star Mariner and get the other perks like priority boarding, laundry, etc., then we see no need for a Neptune Suite unless a really "sweet" deal comes along.