Prinsendam Electric

WVU_Neal

We have sailed many times on this fine ship. While there is limited outlets, I suggest you bring a power strip as it makes using the US outlet easier.

harry

It may be better to use a power strip that the front desk will supply.

Scott & Karen

Will they let you use your own? ?
Usually' date=' provided it does NOT have a surge suppressor. Those are bad for ship electrical systems. I suggest you take your power strip to the front desk for inspection and approval.[/size']

I just got off the ship last week so I am pretty current (no pun intended) about this information. There are only two plugs in the room, one is European the other is US currency. I just used the US one but if you have the plug adaptors and the correct charger you could also use the other one. None in bathroom as was previously mentioned.

I take a standard US extension cord that was made for Christmas Trees. It has three, three socket receptacles on it. I plug it into the US power port and then plug my chargers into it. And when I am in European hotels, I put a plug adapter on it its male plug and put it into the 220 volt socket. Since all of my chargers run on 110-220, I just plug them into the cord. I only have to have one socket and one plug adapter. And since it doesn't have any surge protection on it, it is fairly light weight and fine on the ship.

Greg

• 10 months later...
Yes. There was no outlet at all in the bathroom, however, the last time I sailed that ship.

There were US and European outlets at the desk.

That is correct. Even in the Signature Suites with the mini-bathroom, no outlets were available.

So one has to come into the main cabin to use the hair dryer from the only receptacle?

Find that kind of weird but I guess that is the only choice!

Not needing a hair dryer, I cannot say for sure that there is a proper outlet in the larger bathroom that my traveling companion mostly used for such. But, I do not recall that the hair dryer was ever used by her in or out of the bathrooms.

So one has to come into the main cabin to use the hair dryer from the only receptacle?

Find that kind of weird but I guess that is the only choice!

yes.

Just like a lot of ships on HAL.

Works well for us as DH can have his shower and I can dry my hair with tying up the bathroom ;)