Carnival Dream, Miracle or Sunshine for a mom, dad, and two 16 year old girls?

estillcrew

We are looking at a 2018 spring break cruise and need help. There are four options available from the ports closest to us for the last week of March. I have ranked these from the most expensive cruise to the least expensive:

1. Carnival Magic: 7 day to St. Thomas, San Juan, Dominican Republic, and Grand Turk out of Port Canaveral

2. Carnival Sunshine: 8 day to Aruba, Bonaire, and Grand Turk out of Port Canaveral

3. Carnival Miracle:7 day to Cozumel, Belize, Honduras, and Grand Cayman out of Tampa

4. Carnival Dream: 7 day to Cozumel, Belize, and Honduras out of New Orleans

We sailed the Magic on the exact same itinerary last year, so we really don't want to do that again even though it was a fabulous cruise.

We went on the Dream two years ago, but that was before the refurbishments. We have been to all of these ports.

We have never been on the Sunshine and have never been to Aruba or Bonaire, so this is very enticing.

We have never been on the Miracle, have never sailed out of Tampa, and have been to all four ports.

So, what would you suggest so that my husband and I have a great time and so my girls who are juniors in high school will have plenty to do and meet tons of kids their age? Thanks for your feedback!

I’m taking the Sunshine in January and I have ridden on the dream. I loved my experience with the dream. Maybe your children will too. I’m taking the Sunshine in the attempt to see how newly revamped ships turned out. If you take the dream enjoy the cruise director. He was funny as it gets!

I looked at almost all those when choosing my next cruise (all except Miracle, she won't be in Tampa until this winter). My choice was the Dream. For me it was by far the best value. I'm excited to try my first cove balcony! You have picked 4 great options though, I'm sure you will have a great trip no matter your decision!

I'm booked on the Sunshine that same week. I've sailed her before and not only is the eight days what I like love, but the specialty restaurants are terrific. Jijis Cucina Del Capitano and the Havana Bar are places I love. I've never been to Bonaire so am excited to go somewhere new. Aruba and Grand Turk are great and you're there for both a nice long time. That's my vote! Hope I helped.

• 3 weeks later...

Great choice. Fantastic ship (easily our favorite compared to other Carnival ships we have sailed). The variety of included food options is great and their Serenity cannot be beat! The extra day plus those two fantastic ports should make for a terrific trip. Bonaire particularly is fantastic, especially if you like snorkeling, diving or even just swimming in gorgeous water. It is a top dive site. On land the town is very small, but quaint with a couple of good restaurants.

Edited by cruzeluver
spelling