Late deals

Talkinman

As far as I know there is no site that just sells deals. You have to look at the ship's site and the internet cruise sites. Often price go down just before a cruise to fill the ship up or after people have canceled before final payment Is due.

On Carnival if you book far enough ahead you can get 'early saver'. If the price goes down they will match the lower price. After final payment tis due, you received OBC. Once we got $240 OBC on a fall Glory cruise!

If there were a "site" that was all about last minute deals, we wouldn't be able to discuss it, as Cruise Critic rules don't allow naming or discussing travel agents, on line or brick and mortar.

There are many threads discussing how to get last minute deals, when available, including the pluses and minuses, like costly last minute airfares, and perhaps lack of cabin choice. It involves some shopping around, and, in the case of truly last minute- less than 10 days to sailing- using whatever system each cruise line has for moving their available cabins very close to sailaway. This is frequently an e mail system, alerting people to really last minute deals.

One way to find out about sales is to sign up for emails from each cruise line you're interested in sailing with. I get emails from Princess and Holland America.

When it comes time to book a cruise, I check out the prices on the cruise line websites and then call a discount cruise travel agency. The cruise line website will give me an idea about the current prices--the max we would pay.

You have to read the fine print. Many last-minute deals are not combinable with other offers. For instance, I had a travel agent quote me prices for our upcoming HAL cruise to Alaska (end of August). The price under the special code that would have included free gratuities and a $100 beverage credit for the cabin ended up being more than $200 per person after subtracting the value of the offer. The flash promo price did not include these bonuses but was much better.

Keep in mind that cruise lines consider Late as being after final , 60 to 30 days out from sailing. That's when they may offer Deals on sailings that didn't fill out with all the other Deals that they offered along the way.

Google Last Minute Cruises, and lists will appear from both Travel Agents and cruise lines. From Preston, you have a choice of Southampton, Liverpool, Newcastle, fly/ cruise etc.

We're on several lists and get bombarded with Last Minute offers, and, yes, we've made use of some. ;)

As others have mentioned above, I cannot post a TA name. However, you can google search for last minute cruise deals and also check the big box websites.

We just got a great deal for a last minute cruise at the end of the month on Celebrity Aqua Class. So keep checking. Good Luck!:)

We generally only book late deals. We often travel in shoulder season-beginning or end. Anywhere from 89 days out to 4 days out. But usually about 45-60 days. Works for us.

One has to be flexible with regard to cruise line, cabin etc. If you are OK with an inside or outside there are many bargains to be had. We do balcony cabins so it involves a little more work to find the right one.