Wonderful Copenhagen 2016 edition

Thanks.If I want to take the train then I go to terminal 3 and take the train to central station then walk to the hotel,is that right? My ship debarkation at 9am Saturday and I want take time to get off the ship around 11am.Should I book for cruise ship transportation $30 a person to take us to airport or book a taxi, uber,tran? My flight is 4 pm

I would say that if you are more than one person then its not worth taking the cruise transfer as its way to expensive (my opinion).

A taxi for 2 persons will be around the same price.

But as you all have figured out then I'm a fan of public transportation.

And it can't be easier, pay for your ticket at the Town Shop just next to the bus stop (single ticket 3 zones 36 kroner) get on bus 25 or 27 and get to either Østerport (for the airport train) or Nørreport for the very same airport train or metro line M2 to Lufthavnen (the airport).

Bus 25 will get you to both stations and 27 to Østerport only.

Its very easy to find the station at Terminal 3, when you exit the luggage claim area and costoms you just continue straight ahead.

Ticket machines and ticket office is on your right hand and if you decide on using the Copenhagen Card instead you just go to the information desk on your left hand.

At the central station you just continue in the same direction as the train and then you come out off the exit where theres a hole down to the train tracks.

Walk left of that hole until you reach the main road, this is then the Vesterbrogade where your hotel is located

Walk left a few 100 meters and you will find the hotel on your left hand.

When going to the pier you just take any northbound train track 1-4 and 9-10 (S-train) to either Nørreport or Østerport and just take the reverse trip of what i told you at the top of the post. :-) does that make sense :D

I would say that if you are more than one person then its not worth taking the cruise transfer as its way to expensive (my opinion).

A taxi for 2 persons will be around the same price.

But as you all have figured out then I'm a fan of public transportation.

And it can't be easier, pay for your ticket at the Town Shop just next to the bus stop (single ticket 3 zones 36 kroner) get on bus 25 or 27 and get to either Østerport (for the airport train) or Nørreport for the very same airport train or metro line M2 to Lufthavnen (the airport).

Bus 25 will get you to both stations and 27 to Østerport only.

Its very easy to find the station at Terminal 3, when you exit the luggage claim area and costoms you just continue straight ahead.

Ticket machines and ticket office is on your right hand and if you decide on using the Copenhagen Card instead you just go to the information desk on your left hand.

At the central station you just continue in the same direction as the train and then you come out off the exit where theres a hole down to the train tracks.

Walk left of that hole until you reach the main road, this is then the Vesterbrogade where your hotel is located

Walk left a few 100 meters and you will find the hotel on your left hand.

When going to the pier you just take any northbound train track 1-4 and 9-10 (S-train) to either Nørreport or Østerport and just take the reverse trip of what i told you at the top of the post. :-) does that make sense :D

Thanks for the advices DV.

Dear Danish Viking

I have read many of your responses to questions people have and you seem very knowledgeable. Thanks for all the great information.

We will be staying in Copenhagen for a few nights before sailing from there in June on a cruise to British Isles and Baltics. We would love to find a place to purchase some diet soda before boarding the ship out of Oceankja. Where would you suggest we purchase and what can we expect to pay for some.

Thanks so much

Dear Danish Viking

I have read many of your responses to questions people have and you seem very knowledgeable. Thanks for all the great information.

We will be staying in Copenhagen for a few nights before sailing from there in June on a cruise to British Isles and Baltics. We would love to find a place to purchase some diet soda before boarding the ship out of Oceankja. Where would you suggest we purchase and what can we expect to pay for some.

Thanks so much

All supermarket, kiosks, 7-Elevens should have all the general brands like Coca Cola Light, Zero, Fanta Zero, Pepsi Max etc etc etc.

Danish Viking,

Thank you tremendously for all of the valuable information you have provided on Copenhagen and surrounding areas for our cruising community for the past years. My husband and I had a grand time last year for our port day in Copenhagen, based largely on your insights. We used that one port day to help us figure out where we wanted to stay this coming July pre-cruise. We are arriving into CPH airport at 11am on Friday, July 1, 2016 and we board our ship (Azamara Quest) the afternoon of Sunday, July 3. We're staying across the plaza from City Hall at the Scandic Palace. On Friday we're planning to stroll through Tivoli Gardens (not doing rides) in the late afternoon, watch/listen to the concert that night, and finish the evening taking in the fireworks.

Here's my question: On Saturday, July 2, it appears that the Jazz Fest event is having a number of open-air concerts in the middle of the city, close to the University. Have you ever attended any of these free, open-air concenrts? If so, are you able to bring food and drink (including alcohol) with you to enjoy? Also, are you able to use your own chairs to sit and listen to the different artists? (In looking at pictures on the Jazz Fest site, it looks like some of the locations do allow you to bring your own chairs/blankets.) If you are able to bring your own chairs, where is the best place to purchase/rent/borrow those? (If we get chairs for Saturday, are we also able to take them into Tivoli with us on Friday afternoon for the concert?)

Thank you in advance for your insight and help. If you need to chat with me directly, please feel free to email me.

I´m not a Jazz guy so I have never been at these concerts.

The cheapest chairs will probably be those foldable camping chairs you get at festivals etc, they cost around 40-50 kroner.

Spejdersport or Jysk is probably your best bet, Jysk is located on Vesterbrogade not far from the central station.'

But looking at your dates then it can be hard to get such chairs because Roskilde Festival is on during that week and with 130.000 people where many comes from Copenhagen I´m guessing that they have sold out of those chairs.

The cheapest chairs will probably be those foldable camping chairs you get at festivals etc, they cost around 40-50 kroner. Spejdersport or Jysk is probably your best bet, Jysk is located on Vesterbrogade not far from the central station.'

Danish viking,

Thank you for your response and including the location of where we "might" find chairs. We'll take a chance that they will have restocked by the time we get there, since the Rock Festival closes out on July 2.

If we are successful in getting the chairs, do you know if Tivoli would allow us to bring them in for the Friday night outdoor concert they have?

Oh my goodness, I just discovered your informative thread. I'm having a problem of which hotel to select. We're due to stay in Copenhagen 2 days prior to sailing on July 4 on Zuiderdam and 3 days upon our return. Would you please recommend a good hotel within walking distance of Trivoli and other attractions? Also, is there a ticket we can purchase which has entrance to most major attractions? Thank you for any information you can provide. Really getting excited about visiting your lovely city. :)

Danish viking,

Thank you for your response and including the location of where we "might" find chairs. We'll take a chance that they will have restocked by the time we get there, since the Rock Festival closes out on July 2.

If we are successful in getting the chairs, do you know if Tivoli would allow us to bring them in for the Friday night outdoor concert they have?

I think they are allowed but I'm not totally sure.

Oh my goodness, I just discovered your informative thread. I'm having a problem of which hotel to select. We're due to stay in Copenhagen 2 days prior to sailing on July 4 on Zuiderdam and 3 days upon our return. Would you please recommend a good hotel within walking distance of Trivoli and other attractions? Also, is there a ticket we can purchase which has entrance to most major attractions? Thank you for any information you can provide. Really getting excited about visiting your lovely city. :)

Get a hotel near the central station or the Town hall square (Rådhuspladsen) and you can walk to most thing.

The card you are looking for is the Copenhagen Card, It gives you free transportation and entrance to most things.

HI. Thanks in advance for your help.

We will be in Copenhagen for two nights, but no days to sight see.

One night we will go to Tivoli, but can't figure out the next night as I'm having trouble locating a canal cruise that runs into the evening. We are fine with just hanging out and enjoying the city but would love to view it from a moving vehicle as we will be tired. Perhaps a tram ride would work?

What is your opinion?

We will be staying in Malmo (as there are 2 conventions & a rowing competition) when we plan on coming. How do we get from the central station in Copenhagen to Oceakay Quay 330 to get our ship in September?

Thank you so much for all your wonderful advise.

Hi,

My ship, the ms ZUIDERDAM, returns to Oceankaj at the end of my cruise on a Saturday evening. My return flight home is at 6am the following Sunday. So I'm thinking I need to leave the ship around 3am. Will there be taxis at the port at this time?

Your post at the beginning of this excellent thread implies that taxis don't take reservations at Oceankaj. So I'm worried about not getting a ride at this early in the morning. Any advice?

Thanks in advance!

Danish Viking

It's probably been asked before, but is the 24hr city transportation card based on the calendar day of purchase or is it actually valid for 24hrs from the time of purchase/first use til the following day at the same time of day ?

We arrive CPH at apox 3:00pm and sail the next day, so I was curious if the same card purchased after 3:00pm arrival and used to go to the city center could still be used the next morning to head to the cruise terminal ?

Thanks in advance

Srpilo

Danish Viking

It's probably been asked before, but is the 24hr city transportation card based on the calendar day of purchase or is it actually valid for 24hrs from the time of purchase/first use til the following day at the same time of day ?

We arrive CPH at apox 3:00pm and sail the next day, so I was curious if the same card purchased after 3:00pm arrival and used to go to the city center could still be used the next morning to head to the cruise terminal ?

Thanks in advance

Srpilo

We just did this and it's 24 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk