Speciality Dining Question

alan9945

I am not sure if they have the menus for the MDR but once on board they will know which nights are formal nights so you can decide where you want to dine on those nights. We normally board and the first thing we do is then book our speciality restaurants first thing. :)

I would recommend that you make one of your nights the first night. MDR is always chaotic as waiters and bar staff try to sort everyone out......by the second night they are far more organised and it becomes a far more pleasurable occasion.

We are thinking about booking the three restaurant package on board. Will the member of staff have the MDR menus so that we can choose which nights to dine in the Speciality restaurants?

Thanks

Alan

The specialty signup at boarding can be hectic - goes quick if you know your plans. I have not seen MDR menu set at signup table for referral.

1) You might try Guest Relations, Concierge desk for menus to pre-plan.

2) Go to MDR lower level and find Maitre'd table - they should be able to let menu look. If doing traditional seating, check your table assignment to see if its ok (size, location, etc - changes may be difficult but you could register your preferences)

If doing traditional and doing specialty the first night, I go to MDR to say hello to my waiter as a courtesy to show I'll be present other evenings. If large table, he then doesn't have to delay starting ordering wondering if you may arrive. Just applying 'Golden Rule'. (I've had 'squatters' grab my 2-top on first night and needed to get that sorted early)

One idea is do 3-pkg for discount, at least know 1st preferred nite, best guess at other 2 based on port times, etc. Then you can adjust 2d-3d night after researching the menus (unless you are inflexible about peak dining times). You realize the 3-pkg discount gives you 3 specific restaurants, 1 x each.

Most nights 6-6:30 or 9pm+ often available. I've seen Tuscan open as early as 5:30pm but that may have been unusual for just that cruise itinerary. HAPPY CRUISING

Edited by greydog

I thought with the 3 package you have to book the first night. That's what it says on the description so that's why I've not booked it

First or second night, not required for only the first night. You choose which.

I received an email earlier today that said 20% off if you pre-book for the first night. The fine print says: "Specialty dining reservations must be booked four days prior to departure date. The full reservation fee must be paid when booking online before your cruise, and a 20% refund will be credited to your onboard account."

We did the five meal package on reflection last week.

It was fab and we thoroughly enjoyed all the restaurants.

Only one thing I would suggest is to book your three meals quickly when on board.

When booking the package, we were asked to choose either the first or second night for the first meal. As it asked for a time, we presumed that this meant it was booked.

However, when we went to book the other four meals, we were told that we had just been allocated the second night and our first meal wasn't in fact booked for that specific time.

It didn't make much difference to us as we like to dine later anyway, but for four of the five evenings we had to book for 9pm.

We booked all the five meals after the safety drill on the first day, so definitely do it quickly when on board.

I'm sure you will love it! :) enjoy!

I spoke with a Celebrity rep last week who told me there is a 20% discount at the specialty restauranrs the first night. She said if we are already booked for the first night they will give the 20% credit to our onboard account.

That is usually true. The discounted amount gets added to your account but it is not refundable I believe. You can use it for gratuities, excursions, purchases on board, etc. Make sure you ask for the discount when on board.

That is usually true. The discounted amount gets added to your account but it is not refundable I believe. You can use it for gratuities, excursions, purchases on board, etc. Make sure you ask for the discount when on board.

The discount is definitely REFUNDABLE.

Edited by mickey89