Any way to bring down cost of Haven?

mafig

were you able to pick the specific H6? i admit if i'm getting a steep discount that i should not worry about the room but some of the haven spa rooms on BA are below the gym i believe.

----------------

on BA are the 15th and 16th deck haven rooms access/hallways protected by a door. i'm assuming so but i've never actually seen that in print. or can anyone just walk past them? i'm assuming the access to restaurant and courtyard is 'walled off' of course.

There's also a door across from the gym on 15 that is keyed and then another door (glass) just inside that on the BA (think that is keyed too) but it didn't always close. You can then take the stairs up to 16.

does the elevator go to 16 too?

also that was my next question about the courtyard. could any noise/playtime from there be heard in any of the rooms?

Was on the BA in 16122 in June - the glass door to the lounge was right near the cabin. I was in the second bedroom and occasionally you heard the closing of that door; the only day I really noticed it was disembarkation day and we had to be awake early that morning anyway!

• 7 months later...
You might get a lower price or a heafty obc by using a ta vs using NCL direct. I couldn't find Haven prices that even remotely resembled your price but was shopping for med two week. They are running about quadruple what you are seeing. I used the online site where you put in the dates and category desired and then get quotes from various ta's. Once you get the quotes via email you can look up the companies and then call the ones with the best reviews and prices.

I've come to the conclusion that for the price, and the extras I would want, the Haven is not in my future any longer. People are raving about MSC but the big negative for me are the formal nights. Celebrity did away with them recently and their bev pkg is hands down much more inclusive and less expensive. They have some good suite prices. They don't have the Haven but do have a dedicated restaurant and Michaels club, concerige and butler. HAL has also ditched formal nights and has upped their suite amenities. I guess if you don't want all the extras that NCL charges you can still get a decent price on NCL. But for someone who does want the extras on NCL they will typically cost you much more now that they come with the included perks that for some aren't all that inclusive when you read the fine print.

I think that the whole book early and then keep an eye on prices till final payment is the best way to go regardless of which line you choose. They all fluctuate up and down depending on how strong bookings are but I've not seen any big price cuts on NCL suites. Some discounting after final pmt but not to the level when first avail for booking. That whole upsell last min is a bit too risky if you know you want a suite. I would think odds are pretty slim you would get lucky enough to nab one using that method.

I agree with you about NCL's Haven prices. You almost have to plan your cruises during the slow seasons which is difficult if you have kids still in school. We looked at the NCL Bliss and their least expensive Haven room is running over $4k pp. I mean you can book a concierge level room on NCL's luxury cruise line, Regent Seven Seas for less than the cost of a Haven room.

We're booked on the NCL Pearl later this year in a Haven Courtyard Penthouse but we've already booked our next cruise on the MSC Yacht Club. I have friends that have sailed the Haven and the Yacht Club and say MSC's Yacht Club experience rivals NCL's Haven experience. It's about $1k less per person so we're willing to try it.

I agree with you about NCL's Haven prices. You almost have to plan your cruises during the slow seasons which is difficult if you have kids still in school. We looked at the NCL Bliss and their least expensive Haven room is running over $4k pp. I mean you can book a concierge level room on NCL's luxury cruise line, Regent Seven Seas for less than the cost of a Haven room.

We're booked on the NCL Pearl later this year in a Haven Courtyard Penthouse but we've already booked our next cruise on the MSC Yacht Club. I have friends that have sailed the Haven and the Yacht Club and say MSC's Yacht Club experience rivals NCL's Haven experience. It's about $1k less per person so we're willing to try it.

We ended up getting a deal by booking on the NCL Asia site. They ran a special for 2nd person at 50% off. No other perks included and reservation not transferable to a ta for any extra obc. It includes a whopping $100 obc and an extra latitude point. It actually was a great deal for us because we would not benefit from the UBP. Still high priced. We didn't find out about the 50% off sale until there was one Haven suite left and by that time the prices were at their highest. If that fish site is accurate I could have got the same room with all the perks for about 2k less had I booked a couple months prior. The cruise sold out almost a full year in advance so NCL is getting the $ they want on the popular sailings. It can pay to monitor prices though. On the fish site Supposedly the prices for my cruise dropped dramatically for two days in October, 2016 for a September, 2017 cruise. I would love to know if that was true.