Repositioning Weather-- San Juan to Bayonne

iambumbo

We recently booked the Summit repositioning cruise from San Juan to Bayonne via Bermuda in April 2018. Having never sailed to Bermuda or through the Atlantic (just the Caribbean), I'm wondering what kind of weather we are likely to encounter. Yes, I understand weather is volatile and anything is possible, but primarily I'm wondering if it will likely be warm/calm enough to lay out on the pool deck on the sea days, and weather the water will be a lot more choppy outside the Caribbean. I'm sure the first day from St. Maarten to Bermuda will be comfortable-- how about the second day to Bermuda and from Bermuda to Bayonne?

We'll have fun no matter what as we've encountered all kinds of weather at sea, but just good to have some idea on what to expect from seasoned repositioners. :)

We recently booked the Summit repositioning cruise from San Juan to Bayonne via Bermuda in April 2018. Having never sailed to Bermuda or through the Atlantic (just the Caribbean), I'm wondering what kind of weather we are likely to encounter. Yes, I understand weather is volatile and anything is possible, but primarily I'm wondering if it will likely be warm/calm enough to lay out on the pool deck on the sea days, and weather the water will be a lot more choppy outside the Caribbean. I'm sure the first day from St. Maarten to Bermuda will be comfortable-- how about the second day to Bermuda and from Bermuda to Bayonne?

We'll have fun no matter what as we've encountered all kinds of weather at sea, but just good to have some idea on what to expect from seasoned repositioners. :)

Just did that cruise this year. We had great weather. It was HOT in Bermuda. No issue with choppy seas. No guarantees for next year of course.

We were also on this cruise for 2017 LOVED it! great weather - few scattered liquid sunshine moments; but for the most part - really happy that we did it. A fun cruise, very relaxing, outstanding weather.

Here is my blog review of the trip, if you would like to read more or view photos: LINK

You "SHOULD" have great weather, or at least warm enough to sit out and get some sun, right up until your last afternoon or evening at sea. As to the condition of the sea??? Been going up and down to and from the Caribbean at that time of year many many, times and have seen billiard table smooth seas right up to Jersey and some rocky ones in the Caribbean. All in all it is a good time to sail since it is not the traditional Hurricane season.

bosco

The weather is gorgeous and when I did this cruise a few years ago, Bermuda was very lovely. The mornings can be a bit cool though, so the light pullover sweater I packed came in handy(it warms up nicely in the afternoons). What I did was monitor the temps in Hamilton, Bermuda the week before the cruise because I already had it added to the weather app on my phone since it's my favorite place to visit. That way, I knew that the chances of it being cool in the mornings while in port were very likely and I packed accordingly(as well as needing it to wear when the ship docked in Bayonne).

I did it last year. Bermuda was warm but didn't do the beach. The last sea day was pretty choppy and I got sick (although possibly being a taster on the top chef competition wasn't the greatest idea!)

The deals certainly can't be beat for this cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Pool will be fine.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. I'm sure we'll be spending our time in St. Thomas and St. Maarten in the water and having never been to Bermuda before, we were likely to just tour the island so no big loss to be landlubbers there. I'd read that the water temps were close to 70 in April-- I much prefer the warm bath water in the Caribbean Sea! Fingers crossed that we have the same nice weather you folks experienced in recent years!