Platinum Gift confirmation

lele100

Where can I see a picture? I just got off last week and got a cup. It was fine..but still pretty cheesy. I liked the cubes but I am the only one platinum so I only have one. I was hoping for another. I guess...even though I have not seen it...that I will pray I will not get the visor in September...lol.

Where can I see a picture? I just got off last week and got a cup. It was fine..but still pretty cheesy. I liked the cubes but I am the only one platinum so I only have one. I was hoping for another. I guess...even though I have not seen it...that I will pray I will not get the visor in September...lol.

There are certain things that you are better off not seeing:eek::eek:

We just got off the Magic last week and this was the gift. Went to Guest Services to see if we could swap the visors for another gift, but was told they did not have anything else.

Hate when that happens. Only left to do is regift it to a new friend you meet on the ship and hope they like it

Hate when that happens. Only left to do is regift it to a new friend you meet on the ship and hope they like it

And if you can't......just leave it on a table :D

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

If you tend to sail (at least one or two sailings per year) you are bound to get either something you do not like or a duplicate gift. Re-gifting is a perfect solution. Someone at home is bound to like it and be very happy to receive it.

:D

MARAPRINCE

Edited by Maraprince

Last year we went on a S2B2B2S, with the two of us we ended up with 8 chess sets! lol Just got off a quick 4 day, 2 days ago. We got the Tervis Tumblers. Going on a B2B in November, hoping the hats will be gone, but if not, my granddaughters kindergarten class will love them.

Last year we went on a S2B2B2S, with the two of us we ended up with 8 chess sets! lol Just got off a quick 4 day, 2 days ago. We got the Tervis Tumblers. Going on a B2B in November, hoping the hats will be gone, but if not, my granddaughters kindergarten class will love them.

Exactly what I was referring to!

MARAPRINCE

Please, please do not re-gift them. The person you give them to will leave them in their cabin and the steward will put them back in stock. As ugly as these visors are it will be years before they get rid of them. By that time I will be Platinum and I don't want one. Take them home and hide them, burn them, bury them. Anything but leave them on the ship!!!!:D

Please, please do not re-gift them. The person you give them to will leave them in their cabin and the steward will put them back in stock. As ugly as these visors are it will be years before they get rid of them. By that time I will be Platinum and I don't want one. Take them home and hide them, burn them, bury them. Anything but leave them on the ship!!!!:D

By that time, Carnival may well have done away with the logo gifts due to too many whiners. The ingrates will try to shift blame back to Carnival. The reality is that Carnival can't possibly please everyone. Also true is Carnival doesn't owe passengers anything.

As for Tervis tumblers, have far too many of those and Yeti and Yeti-like ones as well.

But I will accept whatever gift Carnival offers and say Thank You.

By that time, Carnival may well have done away with the logo gifts due to too many whiners. The ingrates will try to shift blame back to Carnival. The reality is that Carnival can't possibly please everyone. Also true is Carnival doesn't owe passengers anything.

As for Tervis tumblers, have far too many of those and Yeti and Yeti-like ones as well.

In the 5 plus years we have been platinum we have seen about 10 different gifts. This is the only one universally panned and for very good reason.

And if you can't......just leave it on a table :D

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Lets get something straight. on a previous cruise we did leave the gift on a table and than a few hundred people came along and did the same and the table broke.

Who knew the table was an antique from the Santa Maria? Not my fault at all:eek::eek:

So we are whiners and ingrates? I was joking around about what to do with the visor. I do think it is ugly and that is my opinion but i can laugh about it. Do they owe Platinum and Diamond guest something? Yes they do! I have stayed at a number of hotels and have loyalty cards with the two brands I choose to spend my money with. What do I get for that loyalty? Generally a free nights stay after 7 to 10 nights. And generally an evening get together with drinks and snacks. What does Carnival give that compares to that? A Tervis tumbler, packing cubes, a sun visor? I know, they can get in their room early and go to guest services priority line and a get a free drink and a few other services that cost Carnival little to nothing to provide. People are spending thousands of dollars and staying very loyal to a brand and they toss them a sun visor? Flat out, it is UGLY and I am not seeing a comment from anyone that likes them. Will Carnival do anything about it? No. Do I dislike Carnival? No. They offer a good value for the services you get but I don't think they really go the extra mile to please those that are most loyal to them. BTW, I am not Platinum or Diamond and probably won't be for a long time since I don't live close to a port. But the cruises I have done are with Carnival and I have 2 coming up over the next several months. Both with Carnival.

So we are whiners and ingrates? I was joking around about what to do with the visor. I do think it is ugly and that is my opinion but i can laugh about it. Do they owe Platinum and Diamond guest something? Yes they do! I have stayed at a number of hotels and have loyalty cards with the two brands I choose to spend my money with. What do I get for that loyalty? Generally a free nights stay after 7 to 10 nights. And generally an evening get together with drinks and snacks. What does Carnival give that compares to that? A Tervis tumbler, packing cubes, a sun visor? I know, they can get in their room early and go to guest services priority line and a get a free drink and a few other services that cost Carnival little to nothing to provide. People are spending thousands of dollars and staying very loyal to a brand and they toss them a sun visor? Flat out, it is UGLY and I am not seeing a comment from anyone that likes them. Will Carnival do anything about it? No. Do I dislike Carnival? No. They offer a good value for the services you get but I don't think they really go the extra mile to please those that are most loyal to them. BTW, I am not Platinum or Diamond and probably won't be for a long time since I don't live close to a port. But the cruises I have done are with Carnival and I have 2 coming up over the next several months. Both with Carnival.

Actually, they don't "owe" diamonds and plats anything, and this is coming from a loyal diamond member. Whatever the gift (and I am not overly impressed with the visor) is just that a gift. Your analogy of hotel room free after 7 nights seems way overstated but in any caw it's apples and oranges.

What you or I (even as a Dimond cruiser) get for our cruise fare is a good value cruise by the company that brings us the FUN ships. The rest is gravy.

Sent from my iPhone

What you or I (even as a Diamond cruiser) get for our cruise fare is a good value cruise by the company that brings us the FUN ships. The rest is gravy.

Sent from my iPhone

Jimbo hits the nail squarely on the head.:)

You people drop TWO TO FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS on a cruise and you're going to get all pissy over an out and out gift worth maybe $2 ? :confused: If you like it, wear it. If you don't give it to someone else. Geeeeeeeeeeez !

Loved my two Tervis Tumblers, finally broke one, but having hot coffee in the other as I click.:rolleyes:

The half-back-pack-shoulder-thingy (I have no idea the correct name) was great also. Holds my phone, cameras, tablet and sandwich.Took it to many land events, parades, car shows and hikes. Best land advertising Carnival could hope for. Still have people yell "cruiser" and wave to me now and then when they spot it.:)

Actually, they don't "owe" diamonds and plats anything, and this is coming from a loyal diamond member. Whatever the gift (and I am not overly impressed with the visor) is just that a gift. Your analogy of hotel room free after 7 nights seems way overstated but in any caw it's apples and oranges.

What you or I (even as a Dimond cruiser) get for our cruise fare is a good value cruise by the company that brings us the FUN ships. The rest is gravy.

Sent from my iPhone

If your a smart enough cookie you can do it after 7 nights. Hilton Honors, you can use their reward program combined with their credit card and get bonus points using business that will give you bonus points when you use their credit card. I have done it a few times so I don't appreciate the questioning of what I wrote. I will be staying at Cocoa Beach at a Hilton next year at no cost to me other then taxes and any incidentals. 8 stays and combined with using the credit card and it is qualified at 30,000 points.

You can say it is gravy and I respect that as your opinion. I just think they can do better then a visor for you to wear and advertise their product.