Meraviglia - bookings soon to open!

panamapd

MSC would be foolhardy to have Tunis as a port call now and any time in the future because things like this will only get worse while Europe and the rest sit back and allow it to happen. Sad but true, R.I.P all those who lost their lives.

I agree with all of the above. I'm by no means one to be panicked by the masses but this is a problem that is only going to get worse. MSC has a duty of care towards its passengers and, as much as they may reassure us all, how can anyone be certain one of these fantasists can't get aboard the ship and carry out the unthinkable...

Up until now he Meravigliio Yacht club was not available to book for UK residents, I tried phoning the booking line but got no answer.

This was during the period under the MSC club priority bookings .

Now booking is open to all, but on the UK web site you still cant book any YC cabins in Sept, Oct or Nov 2017 (the only time that Meraviglia cruises are listed) as only SYRIAN and LEBONESE citizens can book a YC cabin apparently. This applie sto all grdaes of YC cabin

How many of them realisticaly can go cruising given the problems over there?

mera%2012.jpg

Edited by Skier52

I just tried to do several MSC Meraviglia mock bookings from August through November 2017 and the Yacht Club is not a visible option for us here in the United States either Pete. I'm wondering if a travel agent or booking via a personal vacation consultant may yield different results. I'll task my travel agent into inquiring about it.

Up until now he Meravigliio Yacht club was not available to book for UK residents, I tried phoning the booking line but got no answer.

This was during the period under the MSC club priority bookings .

Now booking is open to all, but on the UK web site you still cant book any YC cabins in Sept, Oct or Nov 2017 (the only time that Meraviglia cruises are listed) as only SYRIAN and LEBONESE citizens can book a YC cabin apparently. This applie sto all grdaes of YC cabin

How many of them realisticaly can go cruising given the problems over there?

There were 6 YC cabins available in the UK to book on the first day for the inaugural cruise.

Pete, I think you're misreading that note. It's followed by a colon for the information that follows about Tunisian authorities denying access to those nationalities from Aug 2012. It states the NOTE is valid only for Lebanese and Syrian passengers etc......

Edited by Beamafar

Pete,,,,I had my TA do a mock booking for MSC Meraviglia in September,,October and November and YC staterooms were all available for those months. It appears that MSC is reserving those bookings for TA's or MSC's PVC's directly.

Pete,,,,I had my TA do a mock booking for MSC Meraviglia in September,,October and November and YC staterooms were all available for those months. It appears that MSC is reserving those bookings for TA's or MSC's PVC's directly.

Maybe I'll try a TA then as I just can't get through on the phone to the UK office

There were 6 YC cabins available in the UK to book on the first day for the inaugural cruise.

Pete, I think you're misreading that note. It's followed by a colon for the information that follows about Tunisian authorities denying access to those nationalities from Aug 2012. It states the NOTE is valid only for Lebanese and Syrian passengers etc......

it makes sense now you've pointed out the colon. I thought they wouldn't

hold all the YC berths for only two small wartorn countries.

I usually read the small pint carefulll but this time I was verry annoyed at being told the YC was unavailable

Perhaps i should have gone to Spec.............s:):):)

Pet

Edited by Skier52

I managed to get through to MSC UK this afternoon and have got a YC 1 cabin for September 2017 with the 20% discount. :) They can't give me a cabin number yet but they said I could have a port side cabin, so it'll face the sun on the seaday leg.:D

Pete

I managed to get through to MSC UK this afternoon and have got a YC 1 cabin for September 2017 with the 20% discount. :) They can't give me a cabin number yet but they said I could have a port side cabin, so it'll face the sun on the seaday leg.:D

Pete

Good to see you were able to get that sorted out Pete!!!! Let the 2 year wait begin!!!:)

MSC Wonder: baptism in Le Havre?

*July 11, 2015 VISTA PROJECT

They are open to a little less than two week bookings in exclusive preview for members of the MSC Club (now MSC Voyagers Club) for the inaugural season in the Mediterranean MSC Wonder, with the classic route departing from Genoa.

We gave almost certain that it could be the port of Superba to accommodate the anticipated baptism of the future flagship of MSC and instead seems to Le Havre, on the coast of Upper Normandy, to have won this event. In fact the site has booked ticketcrociere.it the true inaugural cruise of Wonder, starting 4 June 2017 from its French port and calling at Vigo, Lisbon, Barcelona and Marseille, before reaching, on 11 June, his home- port for the summer season: Genoa.

So Le Havre will be the site of the baptism of MSC Wonder? Likely, but nothing official leaked by the Society of Aponte.

Surely it would be a normal thing and not for new MSC. In fact, we must recall that other ships of the fleet have been baptized in that part of Europe; just think of MSC Poesia, christened in Dover, with special guest Andrea Bocelli and MSC Magnifica, christened in a snowy day on the banks of the Elbe in Hamburg. Le Havre, however, would be the second French port after Marseille with MSC Divina, MSC to host a christening.

http://www.mscfans.it/2015/07/11/msc-meraviglia-battesimo-a-le-havre/

I wonder where Meraviglia will spend the winter months? I'd be very interested in doing her first repo - depending on where she's going - though it's bound to be to the sun, so it won't take much convincing on my part :D

I wonder where Meraviglia will spend the winter months? I'd be very interested in doing her first repo - depending on where she's going - though it's bound to be to the sun, so it won't take much convincing on my part :D

I put my cent on 11 days Eastern Med and 11 days Canaries from Genova and Civitavecchia as they did with MSC Divina when she was new. Another option is that they will introduce her in the Brazilian market.