Meraviglia - bookings soon to open!

panamapd

Sure thing, Mike, but I'm not very hopeful about it. Cruiselines tend to talk a great talk but reality is usually nothing like the spiel!

I tend to agree Bea!!! My twitter feed is blowing up with all these representatives in Venice getting ready for tomorrow's steel cutting ceremony but still no announcement from MSC regarding it at all.:mad:

MSC Seaside will begin construction tomorrow with a steel cutting ceremony from Fincantieri Monfalcone. A little birdie told me that pre-booking for MSC Seaside's inaugural season will be available late 2015, early 2016.

I was told something similar when I called MSC a while back, but given what some have posted about MSC's punctuality, I was starting to have doubts.

I hope they'll start providing more information soon. I haven't been able to find anything on their site about the Meraviglia.

I'm curious how anyone can book without knowledge of the deck plans :confused:

Maybe they'll provide deck plans and cabin information during the booking process as with other bookings? I was told a few weeks ago that the website was to be updated mid-June.

I was told something similar when I called MSC a while back, but given what some have posted about MSC's punctuality, I was starting to have doubts.

I hope they'll start providing more information soon. I haven't been able to find anything on their site about the Meraviglia.

Seems we're the last to know,,,,here's where I found my information regarding pre-booking and the steel cutting ceremony for tomorrow: https://twitter.com/MSCTravelAgents

Seems we're the last to know,,,,here's where I found my information regarding pre-booking and the steel cutting ceremony for tomorrow: https://twitter.com/MSCTravelAgents

Thanks for sharing the link! I never would have found this as I don't tweet. Communication could definitely be improved. Considering potential passengers are going to look to their website for info and possibly booking, you'd think they would keep it as up to date as possible.

Wandering around the internet looking for information on the MSC Meraviglia I stumbled across the Lebanon MSC website which has a description of the new ship.

http://www.msccruises.com.lb/lb_en/Ships/MSC-Meraviglia.aspx#

One of the cabins listed is "MSC Yacht Club Inside". Very strange.

It is now 22 June here in Aus so I am contacting MSC today to see if we can pre-book, and if they have any further information.

I'll let you know their reply (if any!!).

Wandering around the internet looking for information on the MSC Meraviglia I stumbled across the Lebanon MSC website which has a description of the new ship.

http://www.msccruises.com.lb/lb_en/Ships/MSC-Meraviglia.aspx#

One of the cabins listed is "MSC Yacht Club Inside". Very strange.

It is now 22 June here in Aus so I am contacting MSC today to see if we can pre-book, and if they have any further information.

I'll let you know their reply (if any!!).

MSC Meraviglia actually has two new Yacht Club category staterooms. The first is the "Family Duplex" two deck stateroom and the second is an "Inside" stateroom.

Maybe they'll provide deck plans and cabin information during the booking process as with other bookings? I was told a few weeks ago that the website was to be updated mid-June.

They have been promising an up dated web for a long time now.

MSC Meraviglia actually has two new Yacht Club category staterooms. The first is the "Family Duplex" two deck stateroom and the second is an "Inside" stateroom.

Very interesting info Mike , thanks!!!

Sounds very interesting. Will the YC comprise 3 decks of cabins, do you know, Mike? It seems so from the illustrations.

:confused: no regular sea-view balcony cabins for YC? Weird. And do the YC insides maybe have a window or balcony toward the center promenade? Otherwise hard to believe a tiny regular inside cabin could be counted to the YC.

Lol -- I normally only book regular inside cabins ... YC is so above my reach --- normally .... but for the very first Meraviglia sailing ... I'd love to go YC for once.... would just be a shame not to see all areas of this facinating new ship.

It's 9:50 am here in Germany right now .... any news from successfull bookings yet?

Stef

:confused: no regular sea-view balcony cabins for YC? Weird. And do the YC insides maybe have a window or balcony toward the center promenade? Otherwise hard to believe a tiny regular inside cabin could be counted to the YC.

Lol -- I normally only book regular inside cabins ... YC is so above my reach --- normally .... but for the very first Meraviglia sailing ... I'd love to go YC for once.... would just be a shame not to see all areas of this facinating new ship.

It's 9:50 am here in Germany right now .... any news from successfull bookings yet?

Stef

It seems like an oddity, alright, Stef.

I'm sitting (impatiently) waiting for 9.30am for MSC to open - 28 minutes to go, yet!

I've just spoken to a wonderful rep in MSC. She actually knew me before I gave her my name - all I said was that I was a Black card holder. She remembered me from previous interactions (now, I just wonder why :rolleyes: :D )

Anyway........... she told me that bookings for Meraviglia are opening at 12pm today and she said she'd ring me as soon as they do :cool:

She didn't have the deck plans so I asked how would I know what I was booking. She replied that I'd be told whereabouts the cabin will be eg front, midships, aft.

I asked her about there being inside cabins in the YC and her reaction was "Oh dear, no - they're all balcony suites!" When I told her there's talk that there are, she said she'd check it out.

I've just spoken to a wonderful rep in MSC. She actually knew me before I gave her my name - all I said was that I was a Black card holder. She remembered me from previous interactions (now, I just wonder why :rolleyes: :D )

Anyway........... she told me that bookings for Meraviglia are opening at 12pm today and she said she'd ring me as soon as they do :cool:

She didn't have the deck plans so I asked how would I know what I was booking. She replied that I'd be told whereabouts the cabin will be eg front, midships, aft.

I asked her about there being inside cabins in the YC and her reaction was "Oh dear, no - they're all balcony suites!" When I told her there's talk that there are, she said she'd check it out.

:Deeks -- how exciting.

Oh, just one quick question:

When exactly IS the maiden voyage of the Meraviglia? May or June? Do you have the exact date? Any prices available yet? Oh my God, I'm so giddy. I just don't know if I'll be brave enough to book without a deck plan .... front, mid or aft are so vague descriptions..... I wonder when the real deckplans will be out.

Thanks for keeping us informed!

Darn it, I WANT to be on this sailing pretty bad.

Stef

Just off the phone with Jacqui from MSC.

Inaugural is June 11 2017 from Genoa.

I'm provisionally booked in a YC1 from Barcelona on June 16 AND it's an Early Booking Rate so I get to use the voucher I have for €400 OBC - "Oh Happy Days", as my dad would sing!

There ARE inside cabins in YC but they're not available. Jacqui reckons they're being held for now. She's ringing me back with confirmation of my booking when it officially opens.

Stef............I don't want to say just yet what I've been quoted but, believe me, the price is better than I've got for my upcoming YC1 on Divina - and that's with 20% discount!

PS - There are only 6 YCs open today!

Edited by Beamafar

There ARE inside cabins in YC but they're not available. Jacqui reckons they're being held for now. She's ringing me back with confirmation of my booking when it officially opens.

I have a theory that the insides are intended to be booked as "second cabins", like a mother and father in a YC balcony and the kids in the inside. TBD I know, but figured I'd share.

I have a theory that the insides are intended to be booked as "second cabins", like a mother and father in a YC balcony and the kids in the inside. TBD I know, but figured I'd share.

The MSC rep, Jacqui, felt it may be for invitees for the inaugural outing such as 'bigwigs' and 'higher-ups'. As it is, there are only 6 YCs open today and she cannot say where they are - "on the ship" is all she could say (she wasn't being smart - we were in conversational mode and joking about). I decided "to heck with it, book me in, girl"! The price + the OBC is a nobrainer for me, though I never thought I'd even consider an inaugural. But it'll be DH's birthday during that week so I'm throwing caution to the wind.

Bookings can be made on-line now, on their website, as long as you have your membership number.

I am in a quandary. Would love to do the inaugural but it means leaving our little one at home, as it's during school term. Do I say, "what the heck!" and book it for me and hubby? Alternatively I could book for all of us to go, during the October half-term?

I'd say you'll get a really good rate for October if you wait 'til 2017 to book. If that time of year suits you better it wouldn't be a bad idea to go with it - all the creases should be well-ironed out by then, too. Plus, you'll have the benefit of reading reviews and knowing exactly what to expect in terms of entertainment, restaurant and other facilities onboard.

Mike............thanks sooo much for that link. I don't 'do' twitter so wouldn't have discovered it only for you. Nor would I have known about sales opening up today for Meraviglia - if you were in range I'd give you a great big hug right now! :D

I'm currently waiting for a call from Jacqui to confirm my YC1 booking on Meraviglia's inaugural voyage thanks to you ;)

Just off the phone with Jacqui from MSC.

Inaugural is June 11 2017 from Genoa.

I'm provisionally booked in a YC1 from Barcelona on June 16 AND it's an Early Booking Rate so I get to use the voucher I have for €400 OBC - "Oh Happy Days", as my dad would sing!

Stef............I don't want to say just yet what I've been quoted but, believe me, the price is better than I've got for my upcoming YC1 on Divina - and that's with 20% discount!

PS - There are only 6 YCs open today!

Congrats Bea!!!!! Looking forward to that review with lots and lots of pictures!!!!:D

Congrats Bea!!!!! Looking forward to that review with lots and lots of pictures!!!!:D

Thanks, Mike.

I've just got off the phone now - I'm officially booked! The MSC rep put it through as soon as booking opened. I can't believe I've just booked a cruise 2 years out - and an inaugural at that!

Why wait for the review, Mike (I don't do reviews so you'd be a loooong time waiting LOL)? Why not push the boat out and come along for the craic? :D