Meraviglia - bookings soon to open!

panamapd

Just received email from MSC telling me that "Members only Pre-Sale" starts Today for Meraviglia! somewhat odd seeing as people have already been booking.

Hi Mike ... With Seaside out of Miami I doubt Divina would be also kept there, unless you meant sailing Divina elsewhere.

Just received email from MSC telling me that "Members only Pre-Sale" starts Today for Meraviglia! somewhat odd seeing as people have already been booking.

Hi Mike ... With Seaside out of Miami I doubt Divina would be also kept there, unless you meant sailing Divina elsewhere.

Both MSC Divina and MSC Seaside will be sailing year round Caribbean itineraries from a dedicated terminal at the Port Of Miami. I think Divina will be sailing extended itineraries while Seaside sails 7 night Eastern and Western routes.:)

They have been promising an up dated web for a long time now.

Thanks for the warning, I see what you mean. I just got off the phone with my TA and my additional discount that was supposed to be applied "mid-June" with the updated site still hasn't been :(.

Thanks, Mike.

I've just got off the phone now - I'm officially booked! The MSC rep put it through as soon as booking opened. I can't believe I've just booked a cruise 2 years out - and an inaugural at that!

Why wait for the review, Mike (I don't do reviews so you'd be a loooong time waiting LOL)? Why not push the boat out and come along for the craic? :D

Congrats!!! I'm seriously very excited for you and hope you'll have a great time! I know the wait can be brutal, but maybe you can book another cruise or two in the meantime :D!

Congrats!!! I'm seriously very excited for you and hope you'll have a great time! I know the wait can be brutal, but maybe you can book another cruise or two in the meantime :D!

Thank you so much for your good wishes, Imasima.

I actually have 3 booked before then - all within the next 7 months! So I have plenty to look forward to and plan for in the meantime. :)

Just received email from MSC telling me that "Members only Pre-Sale" starts Today for Meraviglia!

While it's a day late, Dave, at least you got one and the pre-sale is on 'til July 5th before it goes on general release. If it hadn't been for Panamapd starting the thread and Mike adding the up-to-date info, I wouldn't have even known about it! I asked the MSC rep why I'm not receiving news emails. They have my email address and I have many communications via email with them. She couldn't tell me, although, in her defense, it's not her area - she's in sales, not admin.

Edited by Beamafar

Here's more info about MSC Meraviglia:

MSC Meraviglia will be the biggest and most innovative cruise ship ever built by a global European-based cruise line. The cutting-edge 5,700-guest, 167,600-GRT ship — due to be delivered in May 2017—will spend her first summer sailing the western Mediterranean, and will be the first to have three homeports: Genoa, Marseille and Barcelona. MSC Meraviglia will be perfectly able to call at any cruise port in the world, meaning travellers from the more than 150 countries from which MSC Cruises sources its guests will be able to explore more of the best destinations.

MSC Meraviglia will be a ship full of cutting-edge technology and will feature a range of services ranging from ‘Near Field Communication’ technology to mobile applications and the use of smart devices throughout the ship, thus enabling guests to interact with the ship and the onboard community or select and plan their activities. This technology will also allow guests to make payments, access their cabins or geo-locate children, friends and onboard locations using their cruise card or smartphone. Another jaw-dropping feature, and an industry first, will be a 480-square-metre LED screen, which forms the entire ceiling of the ship’s interior promenade. Like a digital sky, this LED image vault will beam out compelling images and vistas day and night – including highly impactful visual events – creating a variety of powerful atmospheres at all times.

With such an innovative ship, the Company also introduces new cabins that will enhance the care it takes of its guests, with specially crafted Family and Super Family cabins, duplex cabins and an extended MSC Yacht Club, the wholly self-contained luxury area on the prestigious foredecks, a vast solarium and a private lounge and restaurant. She will be packed with extraordinary features that make it ideal for cruising all year-round in any destination, including wide dining options and entertainment choices, stunning panoramic spaces, a large theatre and a spectacular amusement park linked to an outdoor aqua park, as well as a three-deck interior promenade.

Entertainment options are also widely available through the day for everyone, from music, games and other various activities, without forgetting parents and their little ones –with partnerships with global brands Lego and Chicco that further exemplify the Company’s commitment to creating unforgettable holidays for families and their children. MSC Cruises endeavours to provide outstanding cruising experience to its guests throughout their holiday aboard the Company’s expanding fleet. To do so, MSC Cruises offers a rich programme of varied and spectacular shows, impressive Broadway and Las Vegas-style theatrical performances, live music and dance-'til-dawn nightlife.

MSC Meraviglia is the first of two identical ships on order from STX France, the second of which will be entered in to service in 2019. In addition, MSC Cruises has options for two further Vista project ships to be delivered by 2022.

Fine food is an unforgettable centrepiece of every MSC cruise, with a vast array of mouth-watering choices ranging from formal dining in a choice of delicious restaurants to an extensive buffet with “visible kitchen” and dedicated sections covering everyone’s favourite foods, freshly prepared by highly-trained chefs. In addition, another recent noteworthy additional partnership was struck with Italian restaurant and marketplace brand Eataly, which promotes a real understanding of high-quality food, that adds high-end Italian cuisine based on exceptional ingredients to the fleet’s rich Mediterranean and international dining offering.

Still think 5,700 passengers is too many for this ship size when you consider that the Oasis class that is some 55,000 tons in excess of Meraviglia has 6,500 at maximum all beds filled capacity.

Divina when full is crowded this new one for me will be over crowded.

Thank you so much for your good wishes, Imasima.

I actually have 3 booked before then - all within the next 7 months! So I have plenty to look forward to and plan for in the meantime. :)

Sweet! My husband told me I need one of these, sounds like you need one too ;):

http://www.zazzle.com/cruise_control_shirts-235102463971773014

Bea,,,how was pricing for Meraviglia? Is it in line with pricing on current ships?

The YC price is pretty much in line with what I paid for my Sept Divina cruise which was on special offer as an Early Booking Rate. The fact that the Meraviglia booking is a June sailing makes it all the more of a bargain price as we don't usually get reduced rates for YC at peak times here. It's an EBR, too, which I couldn't believe was being offered! It meant being able to use my €10 voucher for €400 OBC :cool:

I didn't get prices for other categories, Mike. The rep was saying that it was really busy and I was so surprised by the YC price all I was interested in was getting booked............with only 6 YC cabins on offer on that day I wasn't going to dither :D

Nice going, Bea! That's a treat to look forward to.

I've just booked Divina out of Rome on 4th July. Incredible price but gouged on flights, of course. Meant to ask about Meraviglia when on but forgot! Getting to apply OBC voucher to balcony statehood. Yippee!!

Nice going, Bea! That's a treat to look forward to.

I've just booked Divina out of Rome on 4th July. Incredible price but gouged on flights, of course. Meant to ask about Meraviglia when on but forgot! Getting to apply OBC voucher to balcony statehood. Yippee!!

Hi Ken..........good to hear from you. I've seen a couple of posts from you here in recent times ;)

Delighted to hear you're doing Divina. You got to use the voucher?? Nice one!! Let me know how you get on. The flash sale prices are fantastic but, as you say, the flight prices are fierce, altogether :mad:

Have you seen the prices for the Meraviglia - they're pretty reasonable. It's a long way out, though, 'til 2017. I got carried away with the excitement of it all - now I have 2 years to dwell on all the things that could go wrong in the meantime :rolleyes: The deposit is only €200, though, so it's a small price to pay for the thrill of anticipation of being on an inaugural cruise :cool:

Beamafar wrote:=

The YC price is pretty much in line with what I paid for my Sept Divina cruise which was on special offer as an Early Booking Rate. The fact that the Meraviglia booking is a June sailing makes it all the more of a bargain price as we don't usually get reduced rates for YC at peak times here. It's an EBR, too, which I couldn't believe was being offered! It meant being able to use my €10 voucher for €400 OBC :cool:

I didn't get prices for other categories, Mike. The rep was saying that it was really busy and I was so surprised by the YC price all I was interested in was getting booked............with only 6 YC cabins on offer on that day I wasn't going to dither :D

I can't get a YC balcony for any of her sailings at all. They all say

" Not available for this promotion". there is no other choice of promotion available or not even the full brochure price (not that i would pay that) there are insides on some

anyway here are the UK prices, cruise only , with a BLACK Card 20% discount applied

meraviglia.jpg

Pete

I can't get a YC balcony for any of her sailings at all. They all say

" Not available for this promotion". Pete

I rang them, Pete (we can't book online here). The inside YC wasn't available to book at the time and the rep told me there were only 6 of the deluxe available for booking. Perhaps they're keeping some cabins back for other markets?

Bytheway, I received the 20% discount PLUS the €400 OBC!

Edited by Beamafar

I rang them, Pete (we can't book online here). The inside YC wasn't available to book at the time and the rep told me there were only 6 of the deluxe available for booking. Perhaps they're keeping some cabins back for other markets?

Bytheway, I received the 20% discount PLUS the €400 OBC!

I'll try that

How on earth did you get €400 OBC, unless it was one of those €10 vouchers, as thers is not a whiff of it on the UK site?

where's HERE?