Meraviglia - bookings soon to open!

panamapd

I'll try that

How on earth did you get €400 OBC, unless it was one of those €10 vouchers, as thers is not a whiff of it on the UK site?

where's HERE?

Fortunately I'd bought a voucher on the off-chance that I'd avail of EBR at some stage. I've been lucky enough to get my upcoming cruise on an EBR, too, so €400 OBC from a previous voucher will nicely cover the Allegrissimo package for when I deign to venture down to steerage :D

HERE is the Emerald Isle, Pete.

Edited by Beamafar

HERE is the Emerald Isle, Pete.

I've heard it's beautiful.

As an aside there is a member of another cruise forum in the UK, for which I am a moderator, from your neck of the woods who is one of our prolific posters and who has great problems with MSC in Eire. He seems to always get his best deals by booking through MSC Germany and seems to sail out of Hamburg and Keil.

He also can't get easy flights to Genoa, he has to go to Bergamo NE of Milan as it seems that MSC like to have irish guests board at Barcelona.

I've heard it's beautiful.

As an aside there is a member of another cruise forum in the UK, for which I am a moderator, from your neck of the woods who is one of our prolific posters and who has great problems with MSC in Eire. He seems to always get his best deals by booking through MSC Germany and seems to sail out of Hamburg and Keil.

He also can't get easy flights to Genoa, he has to go to Bergamo NE of Milan as it seems that MSC like to have irish guests board at Barcelona.

I know who you're talking about, Pete. I've perused the forum on occasion - though not in recent times. I must take a gander.

I've no problem getting great deals here. I suppose it depends what you're looking for and when you want to travel. That particular person is time-constrained, I'm not. He also, as you say, sails from Hamburg or Kiel so probably does different itineraries to the ones I've done to date. I'd imagine the prices for sailing from those ports would be more attractive in the German market.

It's not a question of MSC wanting the Irish to board in Barcelona. Genoa is difficult from here. There are no direct flights to/from there which MSC are aware of - hence their prices for boarding in Barca are better for us! On my last cruise, which ended in Genoa, we had to fly to Paris and spend hours in the airport before our flight to Dublin. NEVER again!!!!!

Barcelona is ideal for so many reasons. It's cheap to get to if you book the flights early enough and the port isn't too far from the airport.

If us here in the states wanted to book MSC Meraviglia, we would have to board her in Barcelona as well Pete!!

Barcelona is a great port to board at, Mike. It's also easily accessible from the airport - about a 20 minute drive. AND it'll be one of Meraviglia's home ports :confused: though what that actually means I'm not sure.

Bytheway, re the renderings of the duplex - MSC would want to improve their room-service menus for that table and chairs to be utilised! Really, though, would you want these facilities on a 7 nighter (which is the length of most of MSCs itineraries) ??

Edited by Beamafar

It's hard to tell from that angle Bea, the size of the table and chairs. I'm hoping to find some better renderings of all the new staterooms soon.

At the end of the day, Mike, the renderings are often more imaginative than the actual product :rolleyes: Although they do serve to give an overall impression, so we'll enjoy them until such time as the real thing comes along! :)

Hi Pete

I'm not sure from who's site you took the earlier screen grab but they've got it wrong?

It looks, to me, as though the illustrations for executive and royal suites in YC are the wrong way round?

We've managed to book for her second outing in the RS and we cannot wait.

That's the problem with the YC I guess, once you're in...

G

Going slightly off kilter here (get ready) but it also annoys me that the 400 euro deal isn't applicable if you book higher than a YC1 or YC2.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure I'll be totally over that by the time our next one comes along aboard Preziosa next year.

G

Going slightly off kilter here (get ready) but it also annoys me that the 400 euro deal isn't applicable if you book higher than a YC1 or YC2.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure I'll be totally over that by the time our next one comes along aboard Preziosa next year.

G

I thought that one had been sorted, G, and that it now applied to all YC cabin types? It was mentioned on a thread here some time ago IIRC. I think the voucher states what categories it applies to, so I suppose you need to check it out before purchasing one.

Hi Bea!

Yes, we were last on Splendida in April and the rep then sold us the voucher. When we came to sign the paperwork we noted it said excludes YC3 and above, so we declined. With speed!

G

Correct,,the voucher we purchased onboard Divina clearly states that the voucher is not valid for a YC3 category stateroom, only YC2 category staterooms and below.

I thought so - glad to hear I've not imagined the entire thing.

I must say, although several cruises booked beforehand, we have bever sailed on a NEW ship before and it's very exciting.

:)

G

I suppose with only having the two RS they don't need to incentivise in order to ensure they're booked.

That said, the same can be said for any category of suite in the Yacht Club.

Not too sure about the inside cabins personally, I thought the idea of YC was to pamper yourself?

I suppose with only having the two RS they don't need to incentivise in order to ensure they're booked.

That said, the same can be said for any category of suite in the Yacht Club.

Not too sure about the inside cabins personally, I thought the idea of YC was to pamper yourself?

An inside YC is currently priced at €1149 for the inaugural from Barcelona - same price as a fantastica balcony. A deluxe YC is €2069. That's some difference! It'll certainly make the YC experience more affordable for some - especially as it's an all-inclusive enclave. An Aurea suite is priced at €1839.

Edited by Beamafar

Hi Pete

I'm not sure from who's site you took the earlier screen grab but they've got it wrong?

It looks, to me, as though the illustrations for executive and royal suites in YC are the wrong way round?

G

It's a screen dump from the MSC UK site. And i wouldn't be at all surprised that they've got it wrong.

Hi Pete

G

They've definitely got it wrong!! here are the cabin descriptions for Meraviglia on the same MSC UK web site

meravig.jpg

Pete

G

Congrats on your scoop, G. :cool:

Are there just 2 people in your booking, or more? The reason I ask is because I tried to book an RS once and was told there had to be an occupancy rate of 3 people or more. I'm aware that others have been able to book those cabins with only 2 person occupancy.

I didn't consider asking when making the booking for the inaugural sailing - I was just glad I'd managed to make a YC booking at all and the rep said there were only 6 available so I assumed at the time that the RS wasn't included in that. I'm also not too keen on the position of the RS on the current ships and the price is usually too much of a jump for it to be worth it even if I could book it.

Hi Pete

G

Here is the whole screen from their web site not just a part of it

maravig%202.jpg

Pete

Hello again!

I can confirm its just the two of us - plenty of room for pre dinner cocktail Soiree's that way you see... :)

Ah, YC1, 2, Executive, Royal... Who cares when we're all sat on deck soaking up the sun whilst an impeccably behaved gent serves us a cooling prosecco and Limencello chaser?

My OH found this fabulous update online just this afternoon of the new RS - including dining area and hot tub on the balcony.ImageUploadedByForums1435253927.640506.jpg.28e6f6f6f686c48b878a91778e47f439.jpg

After what happened yesterday in Tunis, I wonder whether they will keep the original itinerary for MSC Meraviglia.

MSC has a special interest in Tunis, and after they cancelled the 2015 calls, they just introduced the port again in their newest ship maiden season itinerary.

After what happened yesterday in Tunis, I wonder whether they will keep the original itinerary for MSC Meraviglia.

MSC has a special interest in Tunis, and after they cancelled the 2015 calls, they just introduced the port again in their newest ship maiden season itinerary.

Such an awful, despicable act - an Irish woman is among the dead - RIP.

I was expecting someone to start a thread on it due to MSC having recently reinstated Tunis on their itineraries.

Visiting the port meant duty-free could be sold onboard. There really isn't an alternative, convenient port outside of the EU to visit for the west Med route. One of the reasons why we cruise is so hubby can get his cigarettes on the ship at a great price - 16% of what they cost here! The savings in cost help pay for the trip! So we were delighted to see Tunis back on. However, there are a lot of people who would be just as happy to see it removed from itineraries and after what's happened it could impact on cabin sales if it's not dropped - though I can't see MSC re-instating after this latest horror.