Meraviglia - bookings soon to open!

panamapd

Thanks, Mike.

I've just got off the phone now - I'm officially booked! The MSC rep put it through as soon as booking opened. I can't believe I've just booked a cruise 2 years out - and an inaugural at that!

Why wait for the review, Mike (I don't do reviews so you'd be a loooong time waiting LOL)? Why not push the boat out and come along for the craic? :D

I'd love to Bea,,but I'm saving myself for MSC Seaside!!!

CIGY-PiWEAAjel6.jpg:large

First plate of steel cut for her this morning!!!

CIGWoXUWgAA2ZPf.jpg

I'd love to Bea,,but I'm saving myself for MSC Seaside!!!

I can't blame you, Mike. Bookings will likely open for US market first so you'll have first crack at it.

I have to say it's been exciting this morning anticipating this. I never thought I'd ever get the chance to do this and wasn't sure I'd want to, but the buzz is so good - I feel like the Cheshire cat at the moment :D

I can't blame you, Mike. Bookings will likely open for US market first so you'll have first crack at it.

I have to say it's been exciting this morning anticipating this. I never thought I'd ever get the chance to do this and wasn't sure I'd want to, but the buzz is so good - I feel like the Cheshire cat at the moment :D

Did you book the "Shake Down" sailing Bea??

You're sailing in the Yacht Club as well correct Bea??

That's right, Mike - first time ever to book a 'Guarantee' cabin. All I can tell you is that it'll be "on the ship" LOL Being a YC booking I'll get €400 OBC from my €10 voucher so that's my Allegrissimo drink-e-poos for the rest of the ship taken care of :cool:

That's right, Mike - first time ever to book a 'Guarantee' cabin. All I can tell you is that it'll be "on the ship" LOL Being a YC booking I'll get €400 OBC from my €10 voucher so that's my Allegrissimo drink-e-poos for the rest of the ship taken care of :cool:

I'm excited for you Bea!!!! Two years is quite a long time to wait, but it is going to be so worth it!!!!:D

I'm excited for you Bea!!!! Two years is quite a long time to wait, but it is going to be so worth it!!!!:D

It'll be 2 years of following the news about the build which makes it sooo interesting and thrilling - a feeling of being connected and a part of it. And all for a €200 deposit, too!

You have approx 6 months to wait, Mike, before you, too, will get to feel how I do right now - and it really will be well worth it!

I was on tenterhooks waiting for the rep to ring me back so I could book it. I was so sure she was going to say that the YC had gone as soon as it opened. With only 6 cabins being released today and those in the UK being able to book online, I thought I hadn't a prayer.

It'll be 2 years of following the news about the build which makes it sooo interesting and thrilling - a feeling of being connected and a part of it. And all for a €200 deposit, too!

You have approx 6 months to wait, Mike, before you, too, will get to feel how I do right now - and it really will be well worth it!

I was on tenterhooks waiting for the rep to ring me back so I could book it. I was so sure she was going to say that the YC had gone as soon as it opened. With only 6 cabins being released today and those in the UK being able to book online, I thought I hadn't a prayer.

There have been some photos of the staterooms on MSC Seaside,,,a balcony and mini-suite stateroom mock up was produced to illustrate the new stateroom interiors,,,there are some staterooms which can accommodate up to 10 guests,,I'm wondering if Meraviglia will share these same concepts.

CIGtTEjWcAEvrV3.jpg

CIGtUP7WsAA4Ql_.jpg

This is from the info on the UK website re Merviglia

Super Family Plus

Super Family Plus Cabins comprise three connecting cabins, with 3 bathrooms and 2 balconies. They can comfortably accommodate up to 10 people.

WOW!!!! I have also heard that there will be a "Kids Only" restaurant.

They're not giving anything away on the restaurant front from the info. But here's another little nugget

Lounges Area

The whole ceiling of the inside promenade will be covered with a giant 480-m² LED screen: a digital sky, capable of transmitting vistas, events, sunrises, sunsets and the starry skies at night.

They're not giving anything away on the restaurant front from the info. But here's another little nugget

I posted some pics of the interior renderings on page 1 of this thread Bea. The 2 deck Promenade shows the LED ceiling!!! That will be incredible to see!!!

I posted some pics of the interior renderings on page 1 of this thread Bea. The 2 deck Promenade shows the LED ceiling!!! That will be incredible to see!!!

Oooops It looked so like natural sky, I missed your caption on the photo, Mike :o

Here's a link to MSC Meraviglia's new stateroom categories: The YC staterooms come with a Nespresso coffee maker,,,,I guess MSC stole that idea from NCL LOL!!!

http://www.msccruisesusa.com/us_en/Ships/MSC-Meraviglia.aspx

The coffee machine won't get any use in our cabin, Mike. I don't drink the stuff and DH usually has his in the Top Sail Lounge with a cigarette when we're lucky enough to be in YC :rolleyes: However, I imagine it will be a very welcome facility for other folk :)

The coffee machine won't get any use in our cabin, Mike. I don't drink the stuff and DH usually has his in the Top Sail Lounge with a cigarette when we're lucky enough to be in YC :rolleyes: However, I imagine it will be a very welcome facility for other folk :)

I agree Bea!!! It's good to see MSC making the effort though to try and provide some of the same amenities found on some of the main stream cruise lines.:)

Thanks, Mike.

I've just got off the phone now - I'm officially booked! The MSC rep put it through as soon as booking opened. I can't believe I've just booked a cruise 2 years out - and an inaugural at that!

Why wait for the review, Mike (I don't do reviews so you'd be a loooong time waiting LOL)? Why not push the boat out and come along for the craic? :D

Congrats on your booking I feel your excitement.

I agree Bea!!! It's good to see MSC making the effort though to try and provide some of the same amenities found on some of the main stream cruise lines

Mike ... This is what made them different, becoming like the main stream then you may as well choose Carnival! as Amo mondo says in another thread if you want to have an Americanised ship with the same food you may as well sail on an American cruise line.

I agree Bea!!! It's good to see MSC making the effort though to try and provide some of the same amenities found on some of the main stream cruise lines

Mike ... This is what made them different, becoming like the main stream then you may as well choose Carnival! as Amo mondo says in another thread if you want to have an Americanised ship with the same food you may as well sail on an American cruise line.

I agree with that comment whole heartedly!!!! Seaside will cater to the "American" market but still maintain its Mediterranean roots,,,at least that's what has been said. If MSC Seaside becomes to much like the mass market cruise lines out there,,we can always sail MSC Divina,,,:)