Royal R 416

vino100

How big are the balconies in this area?

I realise that the regular balconies on Royal and Regal and the ones for the normal mini suites are on the small side.

This is the area with larger balconies.

But just how much bigger are they?

Is there enough space to enjoy a balcony dinner for 4 persons on on 416/417?

The rooms which interest me even more are:

409 / 410

414 / 415

426 / 427

What is your experience with those balconies?

Would you go for the ultimate balcony dinner for 4 on any of those balconies or is this a stupid idea?

I realise that the regular balconies on Royal and Regal and the ones for the normal mini suites are on the small side.

409 / 410

414 / 415

426 / 427

Would you go for the ultimate balcony dinner for 4 on any of those balconies or is this a stupid idea?

409/410 are larger but not big enough to have a meal for 4 people. Maybe coffee & donuts but that's about it.

409 / 410

414 / 415

426 / 427

I would say no.....

Bob

409 / 410

414 / 415

426 / 427

I don't think they are large enough for 2, much less 4 [emoji17]

I personally would consider it too cramped. I had wanted to do it in April for 3 adults and it was too small for our liking. We did The wine makers dinner instead and that was phenomenal.

We also did the Super Tuscan dinner in Sabatinis

Both great!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We also did the Super Tuscan dinner in Sabatinis.

When sailing the Royal in 2013 they only had the $40 Super Tuscan Wine Tasting...would you have any information you could share about the ST dinner...thanks.

We've greatly enjoyed the $40 Winemakers Dinner on every Royal & Regal cruise and would consider the ST dinner during our cruise this Fall on the Royal.

When sailing the Royal in 2013 they only had the $40 Super Tuscan Wine Tasting...would you have any information you could share about the ST dinner...thanks.

We've greatly enjoyed the $40 Winemakers Dinner on every Royal & Regal cruise and would consider the ST dinner during our cruise this Fall on the Royal.

So Maitre d Silvio .... can't recall his last name, said he created the Super Tuscan dinner idea. He did it on the Regal then followed again with it on the Royal. We loved it. I think it came with wine also and it was pricier... $60 rings a bell but that's more than wine makers dinner. So I could be wrong. I have the menu somewhere. I'll look for it.

We signed up the first night at Sabatini's.

We really enjoyed it and would do it again

So Maitre d Silvio .... can't recall his last name, said he created the Super Tuscan dinner idea. He did it on the Regal then followed again with it on the Royal. We loved it. I think it came with wine also and it was pricier... $60 rings a bell but that's more than wine makers dinner. So I could be wrong. I have the menu somewhere. I'll look for it.

We signed up the first night at Sabatini's.

We really enjoyed it and would do it again.

Thanks...will check for it on the Royal.

We had Silvio Zampieri on the Regal in April 2015 but don't recall it being offered.

Thanks...will check for it on the Royal.

We had Silvio Zampieri on the Regal in April 2015 but don't recall it being offered.

That's him!!

Check it out! It was not highly publicized but since we asked about chefs table the head waiter mentioned it

• 3 weeks later...

I found the menu. Hope they have it in your cruise this fall. It was a great dinner!

c50a7c892487ba66b33737450667549c.jpg

I found the menu. Hope they have it in your cruise this fall. It was a great dinner!

c50a7c892487ba66b33737450667549c.jpg

Grazie! :)

That was very considerate of you to post the menu which isn't too different than the Winemakers Dinner ($40) in the Royal & Regal's Wine Cellar. The Anthilia wine is on both menus & the other ST wines are in the $30 range. We had the Ammiraglia & Ornellaia at a $40 ST wine tasting but the meal is better than the hot appetizers we had with the ST tasting.

Will check for it in a couple of months & will verify the $60 price.

Grazie! :)

That was very considerate of you to post the menu which isn't too different than the Winemakers Dinner ($40) in the Royal & Regal's Wine Cellar. The Anthilia wine is on both menus & the other ST wines are in the $30 range. We had the Ammiraglia & Ornellaia at a $40 ST wine tasting but the meal is better than the hot appetizers we had with the ST tasting.

Will check for it in a couple of months & will verify the $60 price.

I did not get a photo of the Wine Maker dinner. The menu they showed us was not the one served. They apologized and said the menu was just being changed and they never brought a new one. It was kind of fun not knowing what was coming next, and it did feel similar to the Super Tuscan Dinner, except the wine maker dinner was at a beautiful table with less people and more personal attention.

We also did Chef's Table. We were celebrating our mom's retirement so we went all out this trip. Just mom and her 2 daughters.

This was the menu for Chef's Table. a311d57d47e70d9d3faa60a08496bbde.jpg

To the original point.. We had either that cabin or the one next door, can't recall offhand. No issues at all from the seawalk except a little water drippage during rain and some light earlier in the evenings. I checked, while the balcony is exposed to view, from the angle the only thing you could see in cabin was tops of feet of someone standing right at the window.