What is Irie Tour?

Banana15

http://irietours.com/

Local tour company that has a few different options for island tours. We're on the fence about taking a tour vs just taking a taxi to the beach. They get pretty good reviews both here and on Tripadvisor, and if we go the tour route we'd probably use them.

I did look them up, and I saw the website. It just doesn’t really give a lot of info. I see it has different tours available, but I’m trying to figure out times and such, along with where it actually goes. I’d like to be able to see the city AND the beaches, but it doesn’t appear that’s an option.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We booked Irie Tours for our cruise in December. We chose the East Side tour, which includes two hours at the beach. On of the tours offered visits 4 beaches. Just click on the read more icon on the tour and it will describe the tour stops and the duration of the tour. Hope this helps!

We booked Irie Tours for our cruise in December. We chose the East Side tour, which includes two hours at the beach. On of the tours offered visits 4 beaches. Just click on the read more icon on the tour and it will describe the tour stops and the duration of the tour. Hope this helps!

I actually requested the West Side tour. I guess mainly because the ES description seems somewhat vague. It says 25 minutes at the distillery and I question if that's enough. Then it says one or two hours at the beach, but I want to be able to spend a little more time at the beach. I don't know. I sent them an email, so maybe I'll get a little more information. I do like the idea of the city tour along with the beach, but maybe I'll just do the WS beach tour and then walk the city....assuming it's not far from the port.

Irie tours got great reviews on trip advisor and I think the tour section of the Irie web site is pretty good at explaining what you get for each tour. I'm leaning towards booking them for my stop there in November.

Here's the link to the trip advisor page for Irie:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g147278-d2301522-Reviews-Irie_Tours-Willemstad_Curacao.html

Come back and tell us what you thought after your trip. I am planning on using them in April to see the west side which ends at my favorite beach Porto Marie. We will get to see more of the island and my favorite Caribbean beach. Sounds great unless you have a bad experience.

I actually requested the West Side tour. I guess mainly because the ES description seems somewhat vague. It says 25 minutes at the distillery and I question if that's enough. Then it says one or two hours at the beach, but I want to be able to spend a little more time at the beach. I don't know. I sent them an email, so maybe I'll get a little more information. I do like the idea of the city tour along with the beach, but maybe I'll just do the WS beach tour and then walk the city....assuming it's not far from the port.

25 minutes is well enough time for the distillery. It's actually very small, just the length of a long shed really and not a great deal to see to be honest. You then walk out to a little courtyard where there's a bar and a big shop. Don't buy Curacao there, it's very expensive.

We did the Irie East Coast and it was okay but I wouldn't do it again. There's nothing of real note to see and had just 1.5hrs at the beach because of waiting for late stragglers to come back to the bus. If I went again to Curacao I'd just make my own way to a beach early in the morning, spend 3 or 4 hours there then go back to town and be dropped off in the centre of it. You can then walk back to the ship via the floating bridge or the little free ferry. About the Irie buses, they are very old. The one we were on had a door that wouldn't close, a big hole in the floor beneath my feet with a duct taped cable sticking through, and ripped seats. The driver was amusing but he drove one handed the whole time while checking Facebook on his mobile phone and with a microphone tucked under his chin. There's free water, soft drinks and beer but those of us at the front only managed to get 1 bottle of water which was given to us as we first boarded the bus. The coolboxes were at the rear and we were to help ourselves. But it was difficult for us to get to them because of bags and legs in the aisle and the lurching of the bus, and people at the back soon stocked themselves up with what was in the coolers not leaving much for anyone else.

I know many people love Irie Tours but we didn't. Well, actually, to be fair we never went on a tour with them.

We boarded the bus (pretty broken down), paid our fare and then the bus went about one block and broke down in the middle of the intersection. Numerous attempts to start the bus followed and then the bus started to smoke. We left .... they were very nice about giving us back our money.

I know many people love Irie Tours but we didn't. Well, actually, to be fair we never went on a tour with them.

We boarded the bus (pretty broken down), paid our fare and then the bus went about one block and broke down in the middle of the intersection. Numerous attempts to start the bus followed and then the bus started to smoke. We left .... they were very nice about giving us back our money.

I actually am worried about that. If the bus breaks down at the far beach, will we be picked up to go to the port so we don't miss our ship? I don't know and that's what has me concerned about using them. I can tell the buses are extremely old, so it's definitely possible.