No more Derek Lewis in 2016...

stompy

Matt Yee who packs the Schooner Bar has something similar happening. He's hysterical, so we're sad we might not get to see him again.

The live music is a reason I recommend Royal to many people.

Really? More cuts that just don't make sense. :confused:

The Schooner Bar is the *you know what*. We have not sailed RCCL in a good bit but DD did this summer and we asked her if the fun was still alive and well...we will be on in two weeks.

We know one of our local hot spots has a former 'Schooner Crooner and Piano Man' and we LOVE him on land. Hope to LOVE who ever is on the seas now too.

This has been our experience of late as every schooner bar and pub entertainer has played so many slow slow boring songs that are more likely to put you to sleep rather than make you happy, wanting to party and buy a drink. They may be good musicians, but have no sense of how to put on a show or were specifically told to slow things down or were specifically chosen because they are dull. I miss a full schooner bar like you can't believe.

Blah.

Derek Lewis is anything but dull!!!!

I wonder if the cutbacks in onboard live entertainment is related to the prevalence of drink packages (and I say this as someone who loves the drink package). But in the past, RCI had an interest in keeping people in the bars and keeping them happy and lively so that they purchased more drinks. Now, with drink packages, I think they are just as happy to bore their passengers in the evening and put them to bed. There's no incentive to keep the bars full anymore. All they need to do is the minimum required to keep people booking.

No evening entertainment means trying to find other things to keep passengers occupied...things that cost money like specialty dining, tastings, etc. What a bummer! We were so excited to finally get to see DL on our upcoming cruise...sigh. Seems like a small pay-out for entertainment that keeps people coming back.