I'm nervous about the storm

ritajandj

When you check in online, you are asked for a contact information phone number, email or text, etc.... To be on the safe side we select email for one name and the text for the other name.

Royal has been good about sending information about your sailing a week ahead of time. For storms, I find that they communicate a day or 2 in advance of the sailing as the weather has a mind of its own......

If the Oasis is doing a Western Caribbean, they may switch over to an Eastern Itinerary or vice versa. If that is not possible, the ship may spend more days at sea, or they may try to find another port to go to. The Captain is good about announcing to the cruisers any changes they may have to make at the last minute....

I think it was a great idea to change ones flight from the day of the cruise to the day before. We have read or heard of too many horror stories.

We wish you all a Bon Voyage. We will be following you all on Cruise Critic and on Facebook.....

A Florida Cruiser..

The good news about Oasis is that with it being such a HUGE ship, you shouldn't feel the "movement" (if you encounter bad seas) as much as you would on a smaller ship.

We sailed on her in June (Deck 6) and felt ZERO movement all week.

I kind of missed being rocked to sleep at night.

However, if you are up higher, you may feel a bit, but I would imagine a lot less than a smaller ship.

The captain will keep you safe. No worries. Have a great cruise!!!:D

I can understand the nerves, but please know that the captain will make sure the ship stays out of the storm's path. The nice thing about the Caribbean cruises is there are so many more options for navigating vs. say sailings out of NJ and are basically stuck along the eastern seaboard.;)

It is possible you could be delayed leaving Port Everglades if the ship isn't able to come in on time (basically has to follow behind the storm). I know that has happened a few times, where a sailing had an extra day and so the next sailing lost a day.

Is anyone else going on the OASIS of the Seas on Oct 1? I am nervous about the storm. Has anyone heard anything from RCC?:confused:

Alot of uncertainty with this storm because it took so long to form. Now that it has formed a center, the tracking models are beginning to show less variability and they predict a turn over Jamaica/Cuba, then to he Bahamas. If I remember, your itinerary is Eastern, so my guess (emphasis on guess) is that you won't be doing that. So while the NHC is trying to predict the path of Matthew, my prediction is that you might do a reverse western; Cozumel, Falmouth, Labadee. That should keep you well to the west of the storm on departure and on the return, well south of it; if it keeps moving as the models currently suggest.

Your best friend now are the National Hurricane Center web page. Have a fun cruise.

The good news about Oasis is that with it being such a HUGE ship, you shouldn't feel the "movement" (if you encounter bad seas) as much as you would on a smaller ship.

We sailed on her in June (Deck 6) and felt ZERO movement all week.

I kind of missed being rocked to sleep at night.

However, if you are up higher, you may feel a bit, but I would imagine a lot less than a smaller ship.

The captain will keep you safe. No worries. Have a great cruise!!!:D

This isn't entirely true. Oasis class will rock more than freedom class b/c they are so tall. You will still be safe I'm sure but oasis can move more than one thinks and it is a bit of a myth that she rocks less b/c she is the biggest class ship.

Is anyone else going on the OASIS of the Seas on Oct 1? I am nervous about the storm. Has anyone heard anything from RCC?:confused:

Your nervous? We're flying to San Juan tomorrow & boarding Adventure on Sat. Hopefully Matthew is long gone by then.

Edited by Goodtime Cruizin

I understand your concerns, we leave Port Canaveral on Sunday October 2. I know RCCL will not put anyone in danger and the Captains are great. I am mostly concerned about our family flying in from Colorado and Kansas and flight delays due to the weather in Florida.

Also we hope the Freedom can get back to port safely on Sunday morning.

Have a wonderful, safe cruise. Don't forget the Dramamine! Lol