Azura Beach House?

BigJH

Was just wondering whether you are able to reserve a table at the new Beach House on Azura, or is it like it was on Ventura where you had to go and queue to get a seat?

No you can't we tried 4 times on recent cruise, and the wait was over 90 mins so we gave up

Mark

They used to give you a buzzer so you could go and wait in a bar. Has that stopped?

Edited by daiB

Doesn't look like you can book, I've just checked my personaliser and it's not there to book whereas the Epicurian and Sindu is.

On Ventura (when it was free) we had to get there before 6pm to get in!:eek:

The Beach House on Britannia is bigger than Azura/Ventura and we walked straight in without a wait at about 7:30. That being said there were probably no more there than when we have used the other 2, so I assumed that maybe the table charge was deterring quite a few people.

On Aurora, you can only book the Beach House. When we booked last month it was fully booked for the next eight days. When we did eventually go, there were a few unused tables, which seemed strange as it was supposed to be fully booked.

Brian

where is the Beach House on Azura please? I can't see it on the deck plan.

One side of the buffet changes to be the Beach House in the evening. Having just seen a sample menu on Brittania I'm disappointed - I preferred the Italian they used to have there in the evenings.

where is the Beach House on Azura please? I can't see it on the deck plan.

It is shown on the 2016 deck plan

http://www.pocruises.com/global/deckplans/azura/azura_deckplans_2016-17.pdf

It's at the rear of the self service and can be either outside or inside depending on weather or your preference.

It replaces the Trattoria

Brian

It is shown on the 2016 deck plan

http://www.pocruises.com/global/deckplans/azura/azura_deckplans_2016-17.pdf

It's at the rear of the self service and can be either outside or inside depending on weather or your preference.

It replaces the Trattoria

Brian

Thanks - I was looking at the 2015/16 deck plan...as one would expect when going on in 2015 . Why cant P & O ever get these right...:(

Has the Beach House replaced the Italian restaurant (Verona) on Azura ?

Yes

The Beach House is not a fine dining restaurant but is meant to be an American Diner. Unfortunately the concept proved so popular that you now appear to have to reserve a table. This is not part of the concept and , IMO, reduces enjoyment of the cruise. As for empty tables, maybe those were booked by people who never bothered to turn up!

controversially I believe if you book a table, that is it until everyone else has had a chance. No booking of tables on multiple nights and you can't book another table until you have eaten the meal at the first one. With popular venues P&O have to try their hardest to share the enjoyment amongst the most passengers.

thinks - why have an evening buffet at all, just have the whole restaurant as the Beach House with no reservation fee.

The next disaster will be reserving of 'tables' at the Glass House.

When you say "reserve", does that mean you can do that whilst on board for a particular day or is it like some of the previous posts where you turn up and be given a buzzer? Do you know if tables can be reserved in advance of travelling as it doesn't seem to appear on the personalised... Thanks for your help.

Yes

The Beach House is not a fine dining restaurant but is meant to be an American Diner. Unfortunately the concept proved so popular that you now appear to have to reserve a table. This is not part of the concept and , IMO, reduces enjoyment of the cruise. As for empty tables, maybe those were booked by people who never bothered to turn up!

controversially I believe if you book a table, that is it until everyone else has had a chance. No booking of tables on multiple nights and you can't book another table until you have eaten the meal at the first one. With popular venues P&O have to try their hardest to share the enjoyment amongst the most passengers.

thinks - why have an evening buffet at all, just have the whole restaurant as the Beach House with no reservation fee.

The next disaster will be reserving of 'tables' at the Glass House.

Not sure you can reserve a table here Dave. They have put a charge on has that not had the effect of reducing numbers.

We used the Beach House quite a lot on Ventura because you weren't there for hours like in the mdrs, the food was good and you only had 3 courses. Sometimes on cruises I feel fooded out.

Spoke to P&O earlier and they said tables could be reserved whilst onboard...but not prior to departure?

Mmm! so there will be a mad stampede to reserve tables as soon as passengers start boarding. Not at all like the idea of a relaxing cruise where you might decide to visit the beach house at the last moment :(

The subject of additional dining venues can be problematical for solo cruisers. My experiences suggest that they don't really want your custom as you will be 'blocking' a table that they could have more people sitting at, and make more profit. The first time I tried the beach house on Ventura the matre'd made it clear by his body language they did not have any spare tables. I persisted and was allowed in, only to discover that there were lots of spare tables :rolleyes: I had similar experiences with the Horizon Grill and Cafe Jardin on Oceana. The Glasshouse was a welcome contrast and became my favourite bar and I even ate there on several occasions.

So how to you reserve it then? Just go to the Beach House?? I must say I much prefer the menu on the Trattoria (sp?) and was looking forward to going there again.

As for the the empty tables, I believe there was some "nonsense" about the atmosphere and they purposely kept it half full. We are a couple and were given a buzzer when we could see half the place was empty. One of the other passengers told us the head waiter told them they didn't want to fill it.

So how to you reserve it then? Just go to the Beach House?? I must say I much prefer the menu on the Trattoria (sp?) and was looking forward to going there again.

As for the the empty tables, I believe there was some "nonsense" about the atmosphere and they purposely kept it half full. We are a couple and were given a buzzer when we could see half the place was empty. One of the other passengers told us the head waiter told them they didn't want to fill it.

Maybe because that might take custom away from the more expensive cover charge restaurants!. Or they did not have sufficient waiters?

Another cruise line has apparently introduced a-la-carte charging in one of its restaurants with the result that a full meal can now cost $100 :eek:

I now see why they are allowing reservations for Aurora's beach house. She only has one cover charge restaurant and there is no fine dining option. Of course beach house is not fine dining but perhaps aurora cruisers do not realise that ;)