Neil Turnbull

the english lady

There is a posting on one of the other sites about Neil being ill.

The bestest bestest captain in the whole wide world as far as we are concerned.

Our best wishes going to him with the speed of a 1000 gazelles, to recover quickly.

Personally i don't know this person but as captain i wish him a speedy recovery

Personally i don't know this person but as captain i wish him a speedy recovery

I do, he is a 'top bloke'. A man's man and very competent Captain. Do we know anymore about it? He is due to be in command of Aurora in January on its South American adventure.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A posting from P&O says that he is making a good recovery, but don't say what the problem was - I don't expect he would want details all over the internet. I remember him when he was a Staff (Deputy) Captain and we were on a table on Adonia with his parents. They hadn't said anything about their son being on board until the evening when he joined us for dinner. He was great company and we had a wonderful few nights. It's interesting to see he has become one of the passengers' favourite Captains. We wish him a speedy recovery.

my sister was on this cruise and they just came over with the announcement that there has been an emergency and the captain has left the ship,

the tittle tattle going around the ship was that it was a heart attack.

Tittle tattle now spreading across the internet!

We should wish him well and speculate no more.

So sorry to hear this. Capt Turnbull contributed in no small measure to the enjoyment of our cruise on Aurora 2 years ago. My daughter is desperate for him to captain Britannia next year when we're on her, even though I've told her it's likely to be Paul Brown.

Very best wishes to him for a speedy recovery, and good wishes too to his lovely family whom we met.

So sorry to hear this. Capt Turnbull contributed in no small measure to the enjoyment of our cruise on Aurora 2 years ago. My daughter is desperate for him to captain Britannia next year when we're on her, even though I've told her it's likely to be Paul Brown.

Very best wishes to him for a speedy recovery, and good wishes too to his lovely family whom we met.

Its been announced some time ago that Paul Brown will be the Captain on Britannia.

Sorry but I dont think an open forum is the place to speculate about somebodies personal illness I know I wouldnt want all and sundry speculating or even if fact publishing it to the world. All I can say even though I have never sailed with Neil Turnbull but wish him well and a speedy recovery.

Sorry but I dont think an open forum is the place to speculate about somebodies personal illness I know I wouldnt want all and sundry speculating or even if fact publishing it to the world. All I can say even though I have never sailed with Neil Turnbull but wish him well and a speedy recovery.

It's not speculation. It's already been announced by another Captain.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by MattyBarlow

I know, majortom, and I've told her so, but she is hoping he will be the alternative captain on rotation.

Have to say we had Paul Brown on Azura last August - pleasant enough chap but not quite in the same league as Cap-tane Turnbull.

I believe that alternate captain will be David Pembridge. Pretty sure this is what he said on Azura last week.

Anyway, best wishes to Captain Turnbull for a speedy recovery. Fine captain and great personality. Hope to see him back in charge soon.

Dave Pembridge is first class though, so you will be in good hands. :) I have also read in several places that David Pembridge will be the alternating captain on Britannia.

All best wishes to Captain Turnbull for a speedy recovery.

Edited by Scriv

If you are used to an 'often visible' or 'always out there laughing and chatting' Captain then that is not Captain Pembridge's style.

He does stay in the background, but is a very good Captain. I have seen him interviewed twice in the theatres and he is quite congenial there, but we have never seen him around the ships.