Regal Princess

glor

I was wondering if anybody would know if there are any staterooms on the aft of the Regal Princess that are obstructed with a beam as you would find on the Caribbean Princess? Thank you in advance for your answer!!

Dave (or anyone else) do you have a photo of the midship exterior promenade area? I'm interested in the obstructed balcony rooms on emerald deck in this area (specifically E433). Thanks!

Dave (or anyone else) do you have a photo of the midship exterior promenade area? I'm interested in the obstructed balcony rooms on emerald deck in this area (specifically E433). Thanks!

Hope this helps…

Royal Princess

11543299696_4732402921_b.jpg

Here's one were I labeled E437 but not E433 next to it.....

15854122490_4d81dd4283_o.jpg

Here is E433:

View straight out

IMG_1482_zpsfuir2pye.jpg

View down

IMG_1088_zpsynfhwn23.jpg

view to right and down

IMG_1089_zpsjtjakswh.jpg

You are great, wonderful pictures. What about R205 (2015) &/or A207 (2016) we have booked these 2 cabins. I know nothing about the Regal except what I have found on CC.

Thanks

Here is a link to Cruise Critic's in-depth photo album....

Click here:

http://gallery.cruisecritic.com/ships/regal-princess-679/

...and your cabins arrows, from two different angles....:D (Regal Princess and Royal Princess are identical in their cabin locations).

17573730424_b2a9265413_b.jpg

17573730474_51cc75242a_b.jpg

Edited by dmwnc1959

Thank you dmwnc1959 this is great. I'm a little nervous being forward we always book aft/starboard.

I can certainly understand that; I've got a list of my own personal requirements in regards to the stateroom locations in which I'll book. But reports have it from those who have sailed in forward cabins that the Royal-class tend to ride smoothly, even up front, albeit you'll still feel some motion. If it is a fairly big concern, you may want to look into other available cabins.

:D

I did but didn't want to be near the seawalk. The lights on all night would be a bummer as I enjoy the balcony in the evenings so that area was out and they only has way forward or a few in this area both sides on R & A decks.

Must be a popular trip as we booked very early and was limited for the mini's. I first did book aft. balcony as we enjoyed this location on the NCL Gem but changed so that may be why mini's were limited by then. Realized the sun would be an issue for me heading south most of the time.

Thanks again have a great weekend, Laura

• 2 months later...

Awesome pics, took me a bit to find these. I'm currently booked on Dolphin but thinking about coming down to Emerald to save $400 + slightly bigger balcony. E425 is a great unobstructed view however my concern is noise. I can't remember if that outside promenade had music playing. I can't imagine too much noise coming from Facets below.

Awesome pics, took me a bit to find these. I'm currently booked on Dolphin but thinking about coming down to Emerald to save $400 + slightly bigger balcony. E425 is a great unobstructed view however my concern is noise. I can't remember if that outside promenade had music playing. I can't imagine too much noise coming from Facets below.

No noise.

How about B616? More interested in the lack of stairs in the center. It appears to not really be a factor...am I right?

We had C611 which like your cabin was only about 10 cabins from the aft stairways/elevators & a couple of cabins from the laundromat. The view was unobstructed & we rarely needed to use the center elevators but didn't have an issue with them.

Thank you, wasn't a deal breaker, but nice to know. I am prepared for the tiny balcony...is it at least servicable...read a book etc.

It was serviceable for me including having the UBD there...it's as wide (9') as other Princess balconies & has 1' less depth than other standard balconies (4' vs 5').

Here's a link to a 360° image of the balcony from the Cruise Critic 3000+ photos of the Regal Princess sticky at the top of the Princess forum & you can form your own opinion. ;)

http://gallery.cruisecritic.com/ships/regal-princess-679/balcony-cabin-100478/balcony--v24189/

The white square with tripod legs is part of the photographic equipment to create the image.

Edited by Astro Flyer

How about B616? More interested in the lack of stairs in the center. It appears to not really be a factor...am I right?

Lack of mid-ship stairway is not really an issue for most folks. It takes about 1 minute to walk with forward or aft to the other stairways or about that long to wait for a lift. If you are in to walking, then the 1 minute walk shouldn't be a factor.

You will just have to figure out routes for frequent destinations. The dining rooms cause confusion. But after a couple days, it becomes easier. And you'll see traffic patterns and the waits for certain elevators develop. I learned when to carry my high heeled shoes for the long walk across a deck.

Edited by eandj