Not Yacht Club access for the largest suites, why?

sverigecruiser

I found that odd too. We have one booked for a 2018 Iceland cruise because I wanted the space and the two bathrooms. It's a port intensive cruise so I'm hoping we won't miss the Yacht Club amenities too much.

The largest suites on Meraviglia, the duplex suites, doesn't have access to the Yacht Club, does anyone know why?

I think that they look very nice but I should not book a duplex suite when there is no Yacht Club access.

Quite simply they are Aurea experience suites and not part of the Yacht Club,

The expanded YC now has suites on decks 4 decks ( 14; 15; 16 and 18.)as compared with 2 decks (15 and 16 )on Fantasia class ships.

the duplex suites are designed to span decks 12 and 13.

I believe MSC think that being 4 decks below the facilities of the YC would be detrimental to the aspirations of potential YC guests

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Quite simply they are Aurea experience suites and not part of the Yacht Club,

The expanded YC now has suites on decks 4 decks ( 14; 15; 16 and 18.)as compared with 2 decks (15 and 16 )on Fantasia class ships.

the duplex suites are designed to span decks 12 and 13.

I believe MSC think that being 4 decks below the facilities of the YC would be detrimental to the aspirations of potential YC guests

Pete

Thanks for your thoughts.

The simple answer is that they are Aurea experience suites and not Yacht Club suites but the question is why? NCL has owner suites far from the Haven and on the newest ships they have both forward and aft suites far from the Haven but with access to the Haven.

Obviously MSC think different than NCL and that is okey for me but I still think that it is strange.

Strange that some inside cabins have access but the biggest suites on the ship has not. Maybe they could have elevators right outside the duplex suites with direct access to the Yacht Club if the distance is a problem?

Edited by sverigecruiser

Thanks for your thoughts.

The simple answer is that they are Aurea experience suites and not Yacht Club suites but the question is why? NCL has owner suites far from the Haven and on the newest ships they have both forward and aft suites far from the Haven but with access to the Haven.

Obviously MSC think different than NCL and that is okey for me but I still think that it is strange.

Strange that some inside cabins have access but the biggest suites on the ship has not. Maybe they could have elevators right outside the duplex suites with direct access to the Yacht Club if the distance is a problem?

Maybe they don't want to overcrowd the yatch club considering the amount of guests that could fit in each duplex suite.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We sail every year in either a YC2 or YC3 on the Divina. These have the very large 2 rooms. I have heard that by the end of next year, these will be categorized as aurea suites.

I checked the new Seaside but that is already done.

I will really miss these cabins. Even though they will be a bit cheaper than before, I cannot imagine sailing on MSC anymore unless in the Yacht Club.

Maybe they don't want to overcrowd the yatch club considering the amount of guests that could fit in each duplex suite.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I like that they dont want to overcrowd the Yacht Club but should't it be more logic to skip the inside Yacht Club cabins and give Yacht Club access to the biggest suites?

I think that it's good that they dont have too many large Yacht Club suites because I really dont like that NCL have so many Haven suites with two bedrooms.

I think they are just giving passengers different options, some people like the idea of a suit but not the yacht club idea. And vise versa.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Forums mobile app

It's good that they provide many options but I still think that it's strange that they dont offer the option to book the biggest suite and also access to the Yacht Club.

I personally dont really care about the size of the cabin but the duplex suites looks very nice. For me the suite perks is much more important than the extra space in the cabin.

I found that odd too. We have one booked for a 2018 Iceland cruise because I wanted the space and the two bathrooms. It's a port intensive cruise so I'm hoping we won't miss the Yacht Club amenities too much.

The duplex suite must be perfect for that cruise! Except for that it's not a Yacht Club suite.

You will have great view! Enjoy!

We sail every year in either a YC2 or YC3 on the Divina. These have the very large 2 rooms. I have heard that by the end of next year, these will be categorized as aurea suites.

I checked the new Seaside but that is already done.

I will really miss these cabins. Even though they will be a bit cheaper than before, I cannot imagine sailing on MSC anymore unless in the Yacht Club.

Are you saying the YC3 will no longer be YC? I can possibly see the YC2 because they are outside YC area but YC3 is in the YC proper isn't it?

We also have a duplex suite June 2018 Iceland 2 adults and 2 kids 12 and 15 definitely wanted the extra room having previously sailed in the haven on NCL and Divina upcoming in executive suite.. YC already sold out summer 2018

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We also have a duplex suite June 2018 Iceland 2 adults and 2 kids 12 and 15 definitely wanted the extra room having previously sailed in the haven on NCL and Divina upcoming in executive suite.. YC already sold out summer 2018

I just booked this cruise for myself and two boys (they'll be 16 and 20 then) and we did a suite with large balcony because all of the duplex suites were sold out as well as the YC.

I've still got a similar cruise booked on NCL. So now we just need to decide which one to take. Hopefully one of the duplex suites or something in the YC opens up.

I just booked this cruise for myself and two boys (they'll be 16 and 20 then) and we did a suite with large balcony because all of the duplex suites were sold out as well as the YC.

I've still got a similar cruise booked on NCL. So now we just need to decide which one to take. Hopefully one of the duplex suites or something in the YC opens up.

It looks like we may all be on the same cruise in June 2018. We just booked this week and there were only a couple of Duplex suites left. YC was completely sold out. We booked the Duplex suite for the extra space and 2 bathrooms, we're traveling with two of our daughters who will be 15 and 17. I'll keep checking for something opening up in YC as we get closer to final payment.

It looks like we may all be on the same cruise in June 2018. We just booked this week and there were only a couple of Duplex suites left. YC was completely sold out. We booked the Duplex suite for the extra space and 2 bathrooms, we're traveling with two of our daughters who will be 15 and 17. I'll keep checking for something opening up in YC as we get closer to final payment.

It sounds like we are all on the same one. I have the June 24th, 2018 booked. (As well as still having the one on NCL booked (which is a 15 day vs 12 day) because I'm just trying to make sure I want to make the change. We have a 2 bedroom suite booked on NCL so we'd have more room, and the butler - however the cost is almost double.) This would be our first time on MSC - so I'm still just a bit hesitant.

We are on the June 24, 2018 cruise too.

We are big fans of the Haven and almost all of our NCL cruises have been in 2 bedroom Haven suites but the pricing recently is getting out of hand. Most of our other cruises on Disney were concierge suites as well and their prices are outrageous. I just don't see the value in it for port intensive cruises. We are taking our first MSC cruise in the YC for Spring Break 2018, it will be nice to compare to NCL's and DCL's suite perks.

Edited by hencoll

We are on the June 24, 2018 cruise too.

We are big fans of the Haven and almost all of our NCL cruises have been in 2 bedroom Haven suites but the pricing recently is getting out of hand.

Really agree with the prickig. We love NCL but we are prepared to try something new since YC on Meraviglia cost around 3000 USD less than Haven on the Epic, one week in July.

What are we missing? How can it be so cheap on MSC?

Really agree with the prickig. We love NCL but we are prepared to try something new since YC on Meraviglia cost around 3000 USD less than Haven on the Epic, one week in July.

What are we missing? How can it be so cheap on MSC?

I can't imagine what could cause such a big difference in price. I've seen it with both NCL and Disney. We are on the Harmony of the Seas in a Crown Loft suite for our upcoming Spring Break - difference in price of comparable suites on NCL was about $2000 more (not too bad) and on DCL it's about $17,000 more (yes, $17K- astounding). Same basic 7 night Caribbean itinerary on the Fantasy. We have sailed 9 of our 10 DCL cruises and never paid close to that for a suite. Very interested in experiencing the YC on MSC because their prices than any of the other lines for a concierge product.

I can't imagine what could cause such a big difference in price. I've seen it with both NCL and Disney. We are on the Harmony of the Seas in a Crown Loft suite for our upcoming Spring Break - difference in price of comparable suites on NCL was about $2000 more (not too bad) and on DCL it's about $17,000 more (yes, $17K- astounding). Same basic 7 night Caribbean itinerary on the Fantasy. We have sailed 9 of our 10 DCL cruises and never paid close to that for a suite. Very interested in experiencing the YC on MSC because their prices than any of the other lines for a concierge product.

What on NCL do you compare to the Crown Loft Suite? I guess it must be at least an Owner Suite and then 2000 USD extra doesn't sound too bad.

I can understand that the pricedifference can be very big during special weeks, like during spring break or over Christmas, but 3000 USD extra for the Haven compared to YC for a normal summerweek is too much, I think.

What on NCL do you compare to the Crown Loft Suite? I guess it must be at least an Owner Suite and then 2000 USD extra doesn't sound too bad.

I can understand that the pricedifference can be very big during special weeks, like during spring break or over Christmas, but 3000 USD extra for the Haven compared to YC for a normal summerweek is too much, I think.

It was a two bedroom Haven Suite which sleeps more than the Crown Loft suite and has an extra bedroom. I meant "not too bad" compared to the difference between other cruise lines and Disney. Yes, prices are highly inflated for holiday weeks especially Christmas and Spring Break. Airfare from Chicago to Florida during that time can be more expensive than flights to Europe if you wait to long to book.

Our first yacht club will be on June 10 on the Divinia in an executive suite 5k for 4 of us NCL wanted 12 k aft penthouse. Also, when we booked on seaside over New Years yacht club was sold out this was last month and got the last grand suite. For less than a oceanview room on harmony of the seas. Got a third cruise booked for2018 unfortunately yacht club sold out for summer on meravigilia booked duplex suite less than half what princess wants for a suite

Our first yacht club will be on June 10 on the Divinia in an executive suite 5k for 4 of us NCL wanted 12 k aft penthouse. Also, when we booked on seaside over New Years yacht club was sold out this was last month and got the last grand suite. For less than a oceanview room on harmony of the seas. Got a third cruise booked for2018 unfortunately yacht club sold out for summer on meravigilia booked duplex suite less than half what princess wants for a suite

The Yacht Club seems to sell out very early and that might be a problem is we like our cruise and decide that MSC is what we want in the future. We always book early but that the Yacht Club already is sold out for some cruises 2018 is very early. Maybe it's better for us if the prices go up, and little.